Informal, off topic poll - please respond

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I'm with Suzanne - I automatically wondered why the Forest Health Office needed a cut-off time for 'family-friendly' content. That's be those 12 years in the UK still haunting me!
  • Ok... Adult television responses need not apply!

This is a natural resources related question.

Yes, I will give you the answer about this time tomorrow, so that everyone who wants to has had a crack at the answer..

Thanks again for the participation...
  • I believe a watershed is any area adjacent to a body of water where rainwater, runoff will pass through on the way to that body of water.
  • Like a duck or waterfowl habitat?
  • No clue.
  • I've heard the term before, but really no clue as to what it is.
  • I have no idea what it is. a place to keep water
  • Is that like a pump house? No clue...
  • Yeah.....no idea.
  • i dunno! Seriously...I'm sure I did know at one time or another...before children messed with my mind.
  • Body of water?
  • I read your question and I'm going to reply right away before reading answers. I have no idea, really, what a watershed is. A body of water? a building site that houses equipment that purifies the water? the equipment that turns water into electricity? an underground channel that takes water from the lakes/rivers and distributes it to the water lines. I'm clueless and embarrased by my lack of knowledge. Now I'll go read and google.

okay - I read the other answers and don't feel quite as bad about my wrong answers. Personally, I like the UK responses and the answer about shedding water weight at the beginning of most weight loss programs.
  • Quote: i dunno! Seriously...I'm sure I did know at one time or another...before children messed with my mind.
    I am sticking with almsthere's answer. School was too long ago for me. We didn't have earth science in grade school and I didn't study that in college.

Lynn
    LAWL franchise center
    total lost 62.5 lbs.
    Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
    New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
  • The only reason I have any clue, although possibly incorrect, is because I read a newspaper story here a few years ago about the local university ag department using the roof of the riverboat for watershed studies. They had planted a bunch of trees and plants on the roof of the riverboat and were studying how much rainfall was absorbed, how much ran off, etc. So I guess it has something to do with how trees and plants affect how the ground absorbs water?
  • Watershed is the area of land that shed water into a holding area such as a river or lake. A mountain can act as a watershed. Rain or snow falls on the mountain then drains to a lower lying stream or lake.
    While the I have never heard the term health used in the context of watershed I can see the importance of keeping our watershed lands clean and safe as watershed land give much of the country its drinking water.
    Good luck with this task. T