Peanut butter on P1

• Hello Everyone and Happy New Year,

I have been on P1 for a week now with out cheating.
    I was wondering, how often you can eat peanut butter?
    I know you could eat 1-2 tbls. But, how often?
    Can you eat it everyday?

I was wondering if I messed up. I have been eating the allowed amount everyday.

Thank you in advanced.
  • You can eat it every day. As long as you count it as your nut allowance. And you are eating the natural peanut butter without sugar. I do eat peanut butter practically every day!
  • I eat peanut butter everyday, usually when I get home. In fact my husband asked me what I was eating and I said peanut butter and jelly. He asked on what? I said nothing, I put a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of SF Jelly on it and I was in heaven. It satisfied my sweet tooth and I didnt feel deprived.
  • I'm addicted to peanut butter - smuckers natural to be exact. If I could I would sit there and eat the whole jar.
  • I lick it right off the spoon as well. Hmmmm maybe I will go get some right now.
  • The only thing better is....
    between two slices of stone ground sugar free whole wheat bread!

It brings me back to when I was a kid.

FYI: make sure that you aren't mistakenly eating the all fruit spreads thinking it is sugar-free. I have used them for years because there was all fruit in them and I loved the real fruit flavor rather than jelled "whatever" but I just read last night that actually there is more sugar in them because most of the brands use concentrated fruit juices. I was really surprised just like I mentioned in an earlier post that I "so happened" to look at the label at the kidney beans I have used for years for my homemade chili this past week and noticed that there was HFCS added to it. I switched to a red bean that was only beans, water and salt. My chili still tasted great.

Again, label reading is a must until we have it memorized.
  • I think thats why I love it so much. It reminds me of happier no food problem times!