What's cookin' on Wednesday??

• Its hump day!!! Yea!!!!

Whats cooking everyone???

B: eggs 2 hardboiled
    L: I dunno...I have GOT to go grocery shopping....
    D: salmon and veggies

have a great day!!
  • This morning: Kashi whole grain flakes and skim milk; coffee. Just had my 2% cheese stick for my morning snack. I have packed for my lunch a salad of greens, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and chicken breast with reduced fat dressing, and a slice of my homemade whole grain bran bread. My afternoon snack with be the usual almonds, and for dinner I plan to make a tofu stir fry with green, red, and yellow bell peppers, onions, garlic, and zucchini. Yum! over brown rice.
  • Thin, that sounds like a great menu although I'm not a big tofu fan.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with green peppers and green onions, cumin, salt pepper and hot sauce, 1 whole grain tortilla and 2 tbsp salsa. Sugar free latte

L: 1.5 cups wild rice and chicken soup (last serving) and 1 medium apple

S: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

D: Spicy Black Bean Chili. This is a vegetarian chili recipe I got off the sonoma diet website. I thought it was in the diet book or the cookbook but I can't find it. It is spicy and a little different but okay. Not sure I would make it again. Sour cream and green onions on top of course and a glass of sangria.

I'll spare you the calorie count since I think most of you aren't interested anyway. I will say I am shocked at how much fiber this diet has in it.
  • Chili sounds wonderful; haven't made that in quite awhile. I think tomorrow night I will make my own chili using vegetarian crumbles (my husband is a vegetarian) and kidney beans.