Exercise curbing cravings?

• Tonight I got home from work, especially busy day, had several customers with serious computer issues I needed to troubleshoot, and not the way I like to end my day - exhausted LOL. Got home, chilled out for half an hour or so and drank some V8...then I realize I am so hungry! But I just had a snack not two hours before! And I think, okay, I made a commitment to walk with Leslie, so let me do my two tapes and two miles, then I'll get something. I did the tapes, and here I am - not hungry, and not craving a snack??? This is like, really weird... I am seriously not hungry! Is this normal, do you think it was all the water I guzzled during (24 oz at least) or both? Do you guys experience this? Totally a good thing, but never had that before.
  • Exercise does that for me as well. It's a good thing!
  • Yep, this is why exercise is #1 on my list of things to do when I feel like binging
  • wow so that's the secret eh? crazy - but very cool!
  • wow, should exercise before every meal!!! lol
  • Quote: wow, should exercise before every meal!!! lol
    Me too!
  • When I go for a jog/run... I'm not hungry, nor do I have a desire to eat, and that lasts for an hours or so. Same with all strenuous exercise. BUT, and it's a big butt, if it is indoor or slow paced exercise my mind often turns to food and leaves me with a big hole to fill and I wanted it packed nice and tight with junk food.
  • I was at the gym the other day, and someone turned the TV to the Food Channel, and said, "I hope this doesn't make you hungry." I think she was rehabbing an injury, and so she only did the treadmill at a very slow pace, or I think she would have known that food doesn't seem to tempt at all when exercising strenously, at least in my case. But I didn't anticipate that the pictures of butter and frying bacon, etc., would make me so nauseous that I had to ask her if I could turn the TV away so tha I wouldn't have to see it.
  • People at my gym love to have the food channel on and I never understood it. Maybe it's because I never watch the food channel to begin with and it bores me. But I think why on earth would you want to watch food while you work out. It doesn't make sense, it's not like you're going to write down recipes while on the treadmill. It seems counterproductive.
  • I wish this worked for me. I'm totally ready to eat when I'm done with a hard work out.
  • I have started having this phenomenon recently. I started taking dance classes in the evening and they are really intense for me. I usually get home at around 9:00 and often I have to force myself to eat because I know my body needs the nutrients for repair.
  • Intense exercise (which I do for an hour a day 5-6 days a week) makes me HUNGRY...I try to plan ahead and always have a snack available.
  • I'm not overly hungry after working out... I snack before and obviously make myself have dinner when I get in. I'm generally too knackered. Almost fell asleep on the mat on the gym floor earlier after I'd done all my stretches... so relaxing!
  • Er - unrelated, but I watch the food network while I work out so I can get new cooking ideas. You can get the recipes off the website, but getting new ideas or new possible flavor combinations doesn't require writing anything down.