Alternative to LA lite shakes

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I thought I would post this since several people in the Losers and Friends Thread said that they were missing their LA lite shakes. I ordered these and have not gotten them yet, but for the price, I say what the heck? Try them since the only cost is $5.00 for shipping and you get 30 shakes. 70 calories each. The assortment includes 7 each of chocolate, vanilla and coffee; and 3 each of pina colada, peanut butter and mixed berry.

Here is the link www.securemeal.com From Andrew Lessman and usually sold on HSN for more.

I typically use one bar a day and then for my other lite I use either a shake or a lite drink. For the bars, I have been using south beach high protein cereal bars (my fav is peanut butter) and I just tried South Beach chocolate fudge meal bars.

Lynn
    LAWL franchise center
    total lost 62.5 lbs.
    Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
    New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
  • Thanks so much Lynn. I think I saw this on HSN last night, but will check out his site directly. When I stalled for a wee bit that is what the center said was a good thing to do...switch to one bar and one other kind of lite a day and I had to admit I loved doing it. It's kind of like you can have a milkshake (I make mine in the bullet with crushed ice and a splash of ff milk) and a candy bar every day!
  • I got my shipment of shakes. It came really fast. I have tried the Pina Colada so far and I recommend that you try them. I like my shakes thicker so I only used 6 oz of water.
    30 shakes for the only the cost of $5.00 shipping.

Lynn
    LAWL franchise center
    total lost 63 lbs.
  • Thanks Lynn...I ordered mine the other day as well, so hoping they are here soon. I have always taken the vanilla and used crushed ice, water, a splash of milk and a tablespoon of LF PB and mixed it in my Magic Bullet and it is wonderul, kind of like having a pb milkshake for breakfast. For me not a bad way to start the day!
  • Thanks Lynn! I just placed my order... Teresa
  • no fair I tried to order them and it looks like they won't ship to Canada... I really wanted to try them..

Stacie
  • Thanks, I just ordered some. I miss my lites shake as well. I have been using a control trim shake instead and counting it as a bar, since the bars are equivalent to 1 starch and 1/2 protein, and the control trim shake is equivalent to 1 starch. I figure it is close enough.
    THANKS!
  • I just ordered some. I hope that there is no catch to it though!
  • When you say you add a spash of milk, do you mean 1 c. as a dairy or no water just ice with a little milk and count as just a lite?

tracey
  • Lynn
    I had to call because when I tried to place my order online I got an error message that said there was technical difficulties. The customer service rep I talked to said it was a one time order (I was concerned cause a lot of times when you order a trial or sample pack, it automatically ships another one after the initial time period for a regular price) but she verified that it was indeed a one time trial.

Do you use these in place of lites? I am on a program without lites and when I use the lunas (doing a md experiment of adding soy to see if i can tolerate it) I just drop down to the next lower color plan.

Thanks for the tip. You are right, $5 shipping is a good deal for 30 shakes.
    Roberta
  • Hi Roberta,
    Yes, I use them in place of lite shakes. When you use lites, you have a choice of using 2 bars a day or substituting a lite shake or lite drink in lieu of a bar.
    For many months now, I don't remember exactly how long, I have using one bar a day and then either a lite shake or a lite drink for the other one.

This was a suggestion I saw sometime ago to speed up weight loss and I am a slow loser anyway so it makes sense to me to do this. I also know that once I am in maintenance I will be only allowed one bar.
    In case you missed it in other of my posts, I have switched away from LAWL bars and I am using South Beach cereal bars (peanut butter), lunas or Advantage bars instead. They are lower in calories, sugar and cost. I am taking what is left of my pre-purchased lites in the form of lite shakes or drinks. I know I am not getting my true monies worth, but I have been moving down the scale this way and that is what is ultimately important to me. I only have 6 "lites" left to pick up.

Lynn
    LAWL franchise center
    total lost 63 lbs.
  • thanks for the tip on these shakes, lynn! i haven't used the LA shakes this time around..i think i had a few when i started my first time. this will be a great alternative to 2 bars a day and cut down on my cost of bars too. and the price is pretty great as well! awesome find!
  • Thanks, Lynn. I do know that a lot of folks substitute Lunas and SB bars. I have not tried the SB bars or atkins ones but since you and Dan rave about the SB cerealbars , think I will buy a couple this week. Will check to see if the advantage ones are whey or soy. Still searching for a whey bar that I can use.

My weight loss has slowed to a crawl and I think it is because of the lunas, was going to stick to food, but it is nice to know I will have the shakes to stick in there too. So far as long as i stick to the soy at least 4 hours after my thyroid meds and only do them a couple of days a week, the soy has been ok.

Love these boards, so much great information.

Roberta
  • Hey Lynn, just checked the advantage bars and they are 240 calories, more than the SB, Lunas or Lites. Do you use 1/2 bar? I love the 10g fiber and low sugar though.

Thanks
    Roberta
  • Quote: When you say you add a spash of milk, do you mean 1 c. as a dairy or no water just ice with a little milk and count as just a lite?

tracey
    Tracey - I am sorry - I don't do an exact measurement, but I do not use a cup of skim milk - I just crushed ice, water (mostly water) and then just a little skim milk to make them a little creamier and do just count it as a lite.

I did get my supply in as well and I was expecting little packets, but they came in little jars with scoops. I have just tried the peanut butter and it is ok. I want to try the vanilla and use like I have the lites in the past and see how it tastes. This isn't bad, just a little different from the lites that I am used to.

They did tell me at the center that it was best to use just one bar a day and either a shake, soup, or hot chocolate and it definately did help.