Recipes for Medifast Users

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Thanks to all who have posted on here! There are some wonderful ideas that I can't wait to try!!!
  • Has anyone tried any of the Medifast recipes on other products (ie: WonderSlim/NLD)? I'd love to turn some of my WS products into bread/cookies/etc but haven't found many recipes online for those lines...

Thanks in advance
  • Baked Spinach & Mushroom Frittata
    2 cups of egg beaters or egg product (leanest category)
    1 package of baby spinach (greens)
    1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms sliced (I used baby bella mushrooms) - (greens)
    Condiments - this will fulfill your 1 day allowance
    1/4 tsp of onion powder
    1/4 tsp of garlic powder
    1tbsp of grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese

2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (healthy fat for the day)

Directions:
    Saute spinach and mushrooms in 1tsp of olive oil
    Lower the heat once everything begins to wilt....add onion and garlic powder
    Saute

In a separate baking dish (I used a pyrex pie pan) use remaining 1tsp of olive oil to coat. Shake and measure out the 2 cups of egg beaters and pour into pie pan. Sprinkle Parmesan Reggiano cheese and mix. Add spinach and mushrooms to this and spread out evenly.

Bake at 425 for 15-25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before eating.

**Believe it or not, that giant serving is your lean and green meal for one sitting**
    ETA - I would swap either the garlic powder or onion powder for 1/4 tsp of salt and add some sliced cherry tomatoes for next time. I tried to finish the whole thing, but was defeated...I left about 10% of the original pie pan size.

Bon Apetit!
  • OHHHHH, TBK, I am so trying that this weekend.
  • Quote: Has anyone tried any of the Medifast recipes on other products (ie: WonderSlim/NLD)? I'd love to turn some of my WS products into bread/cookies/etc but haven't found many recipes online for those lines...

Thanks in advance
    I have. You can not use the MF shake cake recipe on the WS shake/pudding products. It comes out horribly rubbery and inedible.
  • These recipes look and sound good. I will try them. The Spinach Frittatta really looks good!
  • i joined this forum JUST for this topic. i have desperately been trying to find some ways to mix up my medifast meals.

i can't wait to get my next month to try the dilly biscuits. i tried the kfc chicken and it was good.

anyone have a recipe to make blueberry muffins with the oatmeal?
  • This was on the medifast recipe site

Blueberry Muffins
    Filed Under (Blueberry, Oatmeal) by Ginny5 packets Medifast Blueberry oatmeal
    1 packet Medifast Pudding, flavor of your choice
    3 packets Splenda
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
    6 ounces Davinci Sugar-Free Blueberry Syrup
    6 ounces cold water

Preheat oven to 350*.

Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring, until mixture is muffin batter consistency. Do not let get too thin. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes. Drop by tablespoon into 12 muffin cups which have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
    Bake for 18 minutes or until inserted toothpick should come out clean. Remove immediately from pan.

Yield: 6 Medifast meals

Keep unused portion refrigerated to prevent mold.
  • I used mini muffin mans and piled them up since they don't really rise. It seemed to work out better.
  • since getting my new order i have had the dilly biscuits, grilled cheese, and brownies.

brownies i wasn't a huge fan of purely because of the texture of the oatmeal.

the dilly biscuits and grilled cheese were really good. especially because i looove bread and its the one thing i have missed a lot since going on the diet, so it really fills the craving and the recipes themselves are really filling. thanks so much for the recipes.

if anyone knows a blueberry muffin recipe that requires less oatmeal, let me know. i'm not sure if i want to devote 5 packets if i might not like it.

thanks!
  • Ive tried some of these recipes here and they really are great!! thanks everyone
  • My Favorite Recipe to date
    I am always looking for new recipes to make Medifast even more yummy.

Ingredients
    2 packages Medifast Blueberry Oatmeal
    1 package of Medifast Scrambled Eggs
    1/4 tsp Baking Powder
    1 cup water
    1/8 tsp Vanilla

Directions
    In one bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Cook on a no-stick pan like pancakes.
    Comments
    Keep track of your condiments, garnishes and veggies so that your total daily food intake stays compliant with the weight loss phase of the program.

So, so good! Yummy!

Let me know what you think.
  • made this last night:

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

1 package Medifast Blueberry Oatmeal
    1 package Medifast scrambled eggs
    2 packages Medifast vanilla pudding
    1 1/2 c water
    2 packets of Splenda
    1/2 t baking powder
    pinch of salt
    1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
    1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Whisk well and let sit for about 15 minutes. Whisk again and pour into 8 sprayed muffin tins.

Bake in a 350 oven for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Serves 4. Refrigerate unused portions and eat promptly.

at first when i ate two right out of the oven, i didn't like them. my main problem with eating any recipe with oatmeal in it is that to me, the taste, smell, texture, and wetness of the oatmeal is so prominent in everything i make with it. even in this recipe where there is only 1 packet of oatmeal used vs. 3 packets of other things.

i hate wasting packets, so i put the rest in the fridge with the intention of eating the rest of them at some other point. so this morning i took 2 and stuck them in the toaster oven for breakfast and they were so much better. at first they were a little bland but i sprinkled a bit of splenda/cinnamon on them and mm it was pretty tasty.
  • Just made this recipe I grabbed off of another forum:

These come out more like the 'real' pancakes than just adding water:

1 MF Eggs mixed with the 4 oz water
    1 Oatmeal - any flavor
    1/4 tsp Baking Powder
    1/8 tsp Vanilla

Mix eggs well (I use my blender on its lowest setting)
    Add Baking Power and Vanilla.
    Pour into a bowl, stir in Oatmeal.

Spray non-stick pan with Pam. Makes 4 fluffy pancakes - two meals.

Top off with a little ICBINB and SF syrup. Yum!

It was really tasty! My WF syrup hasn't gotten here yet (sigh) so I just ate them with some cinnamon and sugar. Really tasty.
  • Quote: Basic Shake Cake

1 packet Shake Mix
    1/2 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free is best)
    1 TB egg beaters
    1 oz cold water
    optional/to taste: 1 tsp vanilla extract or any sugar free syrup
    optional/to taste: 1 packet splenda (i use stevia)

Mix ingredients in a bowl. It will be a thick batter. smooth it out flat to cover the bottom of the bowl. The bottom of the bowl will be the size of your cake. it comes out more like a thick pancake. I microwave mine for 1 minute but I have a wimpy microwave. You can play with the ingredient amounts until you get a consistency you like. Some recipes have more egg beaters, up to 2 to 3 tbsp, I just use more water to save on the lean and stay OP.

For the "cinnabon" version add
    1tbsp ICBINB
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

Definitely makes for a nice change from shakes all the time. Banana shakes made for a really nice cake.
    This saved my life. I've been spending a majority of the past month trying to figure out how I was supposed to force myself to drink the box of vanilla shakes I ordered. Very tasty. Thanks!