Snap Fitness

• Anyone belong to Snap Fitness? Was wondering what everyone thought of it.
  • We have a member, MileHiMama (Pam), who did a lot of research into Snap Fitness and I think she ended up buying a franchise with her DH. I'm not sure how often she's been around lately, but you might be able to PM her for more info. She's a lovely person and I'm sure she'd be happy to answer any of your questions.
  • Not a member, but they opened one across the street from me.
    34.95 a month, no contracts (not sure what the sign up fee)
    Nice equipment, however there are no classes or showers. So if you need a no frills gym and lived close then it would be a good idea. It's 24-7 but after hours you swipe the card to get in.

However not sure if my location is going to make it because theres a nearly identical gym 3 miles away that charges 19.95 a month

If you go to their website you can local pricing and join.

I am not sure if they do personal training there.
  • i joined a snap fitness at one time. i was pleased with the equiptment (once i paid a trainer to teach me how to use it) i moved to an area where there are not any so joined a similar gym. it takes a lot more personal motivation then a gym that offers classes (i think). i found that when i became really organized (rarely) i did well.
    i went to barnes and noble and bought a training/fitness book and set goals for the week: for 12 weeks all at one time. then was my own personal trainer and took pride in meeting those goals, on occasion I would fail but it gave me more motivation to get up and work harder the next day.
    it was fun to look back at the progress that i made.
    i started another one on the first of the year, so hope it will be as useful.
    good luck with the snap fitness, motivation is key!