Eat this, not that - Holy Crap!

• If this isn't incentive to stick to the plan, I don't know what else is...

It's certainly making me rethink the way Liz and I eat out.. We're pretty good when we go out, but this is a great reminder to be extra careful...

Read 'em and weep....

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/index.html
  • This book was also on the Today show this morning!!! Very interesting......too bad one of my favorite foods of all time was the #1 worst food in America : ) Those darn Outback cheese fries with ranch dipping sauce.
  • Luckily, Liz and I have always resisted those.. I've wanted to try them, but couldn't bring myself to order them...
  • accck!!!
  • Makes me relieved that I stay far far away from the Macaroni Grill now.

As for hitting On the Border, I now know to stick with the Fajitas sans tortillas. Come to think of it I do the same thing at Chipolte, Friday's, occassionally Applebees, and the local Mexican place. What's the point in fixing something that actually works.
  • We all know the safest way to eat is to have every meal at home, but where's the fun in that???

Or, if it's really, really good, it's probably bad for me and I need to pass it up!
  • Wow!
    I was really surprised because it showed that the Asian Dumplings from Ruby Tuesday are 440 calories! You can have these according to LA's eating out guide and it only counts as a starch and a fat. There's a big difference in that a 40 calorie bread with 1 tbps of brummel & broun (50 calories I think)!!! I was always treating myself to this, but will definitely be thinking twice and only having this on special occassions.

Anyways - very interesting read. Thanks for the link.
  • oh Dan that was good reading.

182g of fat in 1 side order? thats like 5-6 days worth of fat in what 10mins? Nasty!!!

I'm going to keep that website so that i can refer to it whenever i have a craving for one of those bad foods.
  • Me too Debbie.. It has some really good info.. My daughter is very upset that I'm not going to let her have the Subway Meatball Maranara sandwich anymore..

Since we have a bunch of new memembers, I'm going to bump this...