Long journey ahead, but I am ready

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

I am new to the 100lb club. I hope to get inspired and to inspire others with my journey into the new year. I am hoping to lose 100lbs through exercise and careful eating.

I am an emotional eater and a binge eater. I've always found excuses in the past to justify eating poorly. I hope to change that and not allow food to rule my life, but I suspect that even when I lose the weight it will still be a battle.

I don't know what is different about this time, other than I am ready and I feel ready. I want to let go of emotional eating.

Anyhow, I hope to get to know all of you. Happy New Year!!

Ginger
  • Hi Ginger!

Welcome to the board! You have a great attitude and that is very important to prepare you for the battle against food.

I'm also an emotional eater and have had the problem of binging in the evening. I've lost a lot of weight in the past and then gained it back because I never really changed my lifestyle or learned why I was eating the way I was. I was just on a diet. But this time I set out to improve myself and my lifestyle no matter how long it took me to do it. If I messed up and forgave myself and moved on. I lost about 80 pounds in 14 months and feel fantastic. I also learned so much about myself along the way. I learned what triggers my binges and some ways to stop it before it gets out of hand. Do I still slip up? You bet I do, but I don't let one little slip up become a day or week of slipping up. I think the key is to forgive yourself and move on - NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!

Check the boards often to keep you motivated! Good luck to you we are glad to have you here.
  • Hi Ginger!!

I am new to this, but am looking for some encourgement in my Journey to lose 95 pounds in 2008. I hope that this turns out to be a great place to find it.

Happy New year!
  • Welcome Ginger!
  • Welcome Ginger.

I can't tell you that it won't be a battle when you reach goal, because it still is to me at times. But it is a battle WELL worth fighting for. The benefits of being fit, trim and healthy are totally and completely incredulous, waaaay better then I ever could have imagined.

Just so you know, when I started my journey this last time, I too had a "different" kind of feeling about it. I knew for CERTAIN, stange as that seems, that this really was "thee" time. And it was!!! Hoping it's the same exact way for you.

Good luck!

Oh and hello and WELCOME to nanaoffour as well.
  • Welcome Ginger. I am a lot like you... I am a binge eater and definitely an emotional eater. Oh my gosh, so bad. My mom comes for a visit (she's a recovered anorexic and yet still eats NOTHING and no matter what you eat, you feel like a pig and she's judgmental about what people at), and the second she leaves, I must eat. I usually "crave" fast food or something equally bad. It's odd.

We're all in this together. I am looking forward to the journey.

Bibbler (off to find an avatar and some cute ruler things .. LOL. I am so NOT a forum person!)
  • Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I hope to lose the weight permanently. Tingirl and rockinrobin, you are both inspirations to me. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

It's time!!! Whooo Hooooo
    Ginger
  • Hello neighbor! Welcome! Here's to a healthy and happy New Year! It is the "right time"!
  • Welcome. I know you can do it. Whenever I am tempted to binge, I think: "I can find 'happiness' with this chocolate or I could think how happy I will be thin and hot." I take hot almost every time.
  • HI Ginger! awesome name by the way welcome aboard!
  • Hi Ginger! It is a struggle for me at times, and I falter quite a bit, but I know this time is different. I'm in it for the long haul.

You can do it.
  • kissingginger

Welcome and good luck, we believe in you. Please toss in plenty of post and let us know how it's going.
  • Congratulations on taking this first step! it's a hard journey but it is soooooooo worth it! you can do it!
  • Hi everyone! I'm happy to hear from you and you are all such an inspiration to me. Trazey34 - I picked the name Ginger, but I'll confess it's not my real name, I'm just computer shy. But Ginger makes me feel like a sexy hot woman (which I am...hahahah) but it also makes me feel like I have an alter-ego- like I've got super-powers....Hey it works for my kids, maybe it'll work for me.

Anyhow, I'm happy to report a 2 pound weight loss....yes, I'm only a few days in, but it feels good to have to change my ticker already!!

Cheers, and have a great day!
    Ginger
  • Hi Ginger and welcome. Congrats on your weight loss!! This site has been helpful to me.

This time you CAN do it!