stupid about tablespoons and cups....

• Hi guys--

I did do an initial search on this site first...

My question is this: is 4 tablespoons equal to 1/4th of a measuring cup?

thanks!
  • Yes! There are 16 tablespoons in a cup, so 1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons.
  • Three teaspoons in a Tablespoon
    Not only are two Tablespoons equivalent to 1/8th of a cup, but, I am authorized to tell you, three teaspoons are equivalent to a Tablespoon.

You are not, however, authorized to receive the definition of: dash, smidgen, or pinch. Nor the definiton of: "season to taste," and "correct seasonings."

Good luck following recipes of experienced cooks. As a pre-beginning novice myself, I spend time trying to figure out the obvious. Methinks cooking is a secret society, LOL.

• A really neat thing I've discovered is that if you go to Google.com and do a search for, say, "tablespoons in a cup" it will immediately come up with the conversion (not a web link or anything). This is true for any conversion! Pretty cool.
  • LOL-- thanks!

I've just started cooking organic foods for myself in the evenings nowadays instead of relaying on vegan/vegetarian tv dinners as a way to better my own health and weight loss progress.

I was trying to figure out about using half a serving of pesto sauce with my stir-fry Shirataki noodles since the olive oil really kicks up the calories here!