Biggest Loser - Couples

• Hi guys!

Happy New Year!

I'm taking a break from the house guests (most of whom are deathly hung over at the moment ). I just served up MASSIVE amounts of ham and eggs, french toast with maple syrup, fresh fruit, the works! So now I'm taking some time for ME, and that includes checking in with the 3FC crew!

Tonight the Biggest Loser starts again, this time with couples. I'm hoping that the couples will motivate and support each other, not yell and scream and blame each other like do on other shows, like the Amazing Race. I can't handle that kind of interaction!

I'm looking forward to it - as silly as the show is, I do find it uplifting and motivational. While I've never lost 30 pounds IN A WEEK before LOL, I still like to watch!

Anyone else going to be tuning in?
  • Count me in! But I can already tell from the sneak previews of this show that it's gonna be all drama so brace yourself there....still, it'll be interesting to see how folks motivate each other while competing against each other.....
  • I can't wait for it to start! It's my favorite show to workout to so I will be saving my cardio for that hour. I think the yelling and rudeness that comes out on The Amazing Race is because of the pressure and stress, it brings out the worst in the people, and strains the relationship. I don't know if the pressure will be as intense on the BL campus, but I think it shouldn't be...it should be a time to change and grow closer together, not apart. That said, many go into it only for the $$ so they could take it that seriously and feel pressured to "make" their partner lose more so they can win...I wish they would take the $$ away for one short season maybe and get some people in there who just really want that chance to change their lives.

Okay, I'll hush now
  • The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows! I've already set a reminder on the TV for 8pm EST.
  • Happy New Year, Trazey! Yep, I'll be watching BL. For those of you who TiVo'd the show previously, please be aware that your TiVo might not work as the show name is a bit different......this time, its called Biggest Loser:Couples.
  • I love the show in general, but I'm especially interested in the couples thing. I can really relate since my fiance and I are in it together... Perhaps a little too much, as it's great when we lose together, but we generally gain together as well, lol. I can use any extra motivation and I'm sure I'll get some from the show!
  • Definitely will be tuning in! Anyone picked favorites based on video or their profiles?
  • Dh and I will be tuning in losing weight together!
  • I'll be tuning in! I'm watching the marathon of season 2 today..it's on Bravo.
  • I have been watching the marathon off and on today as well. It's interesting, saw some things I don't remember when the first time around!
  • I caught the season premiere last night and my entire family ended up watching it with me. Tuesday nights are always the easiest cardio days because I watch it while I workout. It's really great motivation for me.
  • I watched it too. I know the show is sooo unrealistic and over the top because of the circumstances surrounding them, but it really DOES get ya going.

I especially liked when they were in the morgue at the hospital. Scary stuff. All that fat around the heart. I think we need more reminders like that. It's so easy to forget just how unhealthy it is to be overweight.

I also thought it was kinda cool how one of the doctors was a former contestant.
  • I'm was so upset that I missed it. We had some unexpected drama at our house just about the time the show came on and so I got to see the last 5 minutes of the show. I'll be watching next week for sure!
  • I love the show, too. Although I do have to say that I was a little dissapointed (sad?) on how the teams got chosen.

I loved it when Julian said, "This job is hard enough without having to deal with the enablers (sp)." So true, so true. But, it seems as though most of the participants are very motivated so it looks like it is going to be a good one!
  • I missed it! I was so bummed out. I will make sure to catch it next week.