Aussie Chicks in 2008

You're on Page 7 of 53
Go to
  • wonder if i will get to bodypump or if jemima will fall asleep first.......

gotta remember water water water
  • Morning all!

Well done on the drop Ani! Amazing what a bit of stress can do isn't it?

How did the Home Open go?

Julia, great work on the measurements! I know what you mean about losing all the weight but not seeing it on yourself. When I lost my initial 30kgs and everyone was commenting, I had huge issues accepting it. I could stand in front of a mirror and still be absolutely convinced I was as fat as ever! Even today, I still feel I look the same as I did at 112kg!

This morning I weigh in at 192.6lb - a drop of 2.8lb. That'll do me thank you!

I really don't want to think about next weeks weigh in just yet, however my head is set on doing the right thing for the week. But how strong my head set is and whether it'll stand up to the week, I don't know!

I am going to set my ticker to my next mini-goal. And it is a very small one, but it occurred to me last night that I cross that line between 'Obese' and 'Overweight' at 191lbs. So my January goal now extends to 191lbs.

Thankyou for the snack suggestions, I have bought myself a couple of packets of rice crackers, Continental Cup of Soups, small (portion) packs of mixed nuts and some cracker and dips snack packs. All are relatively low in calories...and probably low in every other nutrient as well!

I will try to buy some fresh fruit when I get to my destination - time permitting!

Ani, I leave in about two and a half hours!

So, I'd best run and pack!!!

Have a good week all!
  • Well done on the drops this week.

I am up 500gm from last weigh in. grrrr. I have no bloody will power whatsoeva. I am the oppostie under stress. I tend to put on weight even if I am not overeating. And lately that seems to be all I am doing... stressing and gaining.

So much for my new year res to drink more water, it's not happening.

Anyhow, I'll stop my griping.

Ani how DID you open house go? Lindor have a wonderful trip away. Julia those changes are amazing - you go girl

Vonni
  • PS all. Sorry bout the typos, keyboard all skewiff.
  • somehow i totally missed your post ani
    YIPPEEEEEEE CARROT CARROT CARROT YIPPEEE
    that's almost half a kilo, that is awesome
    i'm totally over everything at the moment but i did drag my arse to bodypump and requested a track for next week to make me go next week too....

jemima cried the whole time apparently, so that was nice to hear, i left her crying coz she always does when i leave but in my head she stops as soon as i'm gone, so that was REALLY nice of them to tell me so i feel REALLY guilty next time.

i had a friend that invited her and her family over for dinner on friday night..... hmmmmm i was not impressed so we had a fight when she came over, i should have just told her NO she KNEW it was first week of hardcore diet and also first week of me and jemima trying an almost routine..... oh well that is making me down at the moment, should not have given her such a hard time.... thing is my house not ready for her 15month old, 2 month old and dropkick husband... SHE is quite welcome but i felt like i should let them come over then i had to cook them dinner which i ate (vietenmense ricepaper rolls so not BAD at all) but still food i wouldnt have eaten probably AND toddlerproof my house and clean up more than i would have if it had been benji and i relaxing on friday night which we love to do.... hohum thats my sook

go lindor!
  • damn it - posting at same time vonni

vonni, half a kilo up is no biggy if you are stressed, if you stress about the weight gain then you will just put on again next week, dont worry about it and go and drink some water and wash it all away!!!

julia my trainer is going to measure me next week so i cant wait to see some numbers as well, i am totally thinking i have put onmuscle though -
  • G,day everyone I hope your all well and in good spirits way to go and congrats for all of those who have lost weight.

Ani hope you enjoy your visit we have about 1400 in Peak Hill.

Smylie your little angel is so cute.

I,m doing OK weigh in on Wednesday so I hope I have lost something.

Take care bye for now.

JULS
  • Big congrats to Lindor and Ani on your losses Try not to stress about your gain Vonni. Hard I know but there's no point, just focus on having a great week ahead.

I had a great session at the gym last night. Did 30 minutes of weights and a 20 minute run. Weighed in at 83.8kg which is up 300g from last week. It's less than what I expected so I was happy with that. Food-wise it was a great day so I'm aiming to replicate that today.

Have a good one y'all.

• The home open was tedious, and according to the real estate agent it only attracted neighbours . I spent the whole morning cleaning and scrubbing (which probably accounts for my weight loss this week), and then the landlord's partner arrived 1/2 an hour before 'home open' was due and told me to whipper snip the lawn. Honestly!

Julia you're doing really well, and that's a pretty small gain. It could be water retention or anything.

You too Vonni - it's most likely water retention with you if you're not drinking enough. Are you eating breakfast?

Juls good luck with your weigh-in on Wednesday.

I'm determined to stay under 81kg this week, and to try and stick to my goals.

Gen where are you? How long until you go to the US?

And Barb - where are you?

Ani
  • I'm here Ani.

I'm so unfocused at the moment, too many up's and downs to stay on track. I can't wait for the kids to go back to school, not that I don't like having them around, it's just that my routine is so mixed up. I can 't function without stability!

Congratulations Ani, Lindor and Kel. Well done to all of you for sticking at it when there is maddness around!

I agree too Julia and Vonni, 300g's could be fluid. Don't focus on the bad days, look forward to the good one's! I should take my own advice!!!

I'm going to Melbourne in August. My best friend and I have our birthday's 3 days apart, she's in Qld, I'm in SA, and my sister's in Vic, so whe're going to spend the weekend together. I've worked out that if I can lose 800g's a week I can be 70kg's by then. If I don't get focused real soon I'll never make it!

XX
    Barb
  • Ani did you tell him to stick it where the sun probably doesnt shine?

I ate breakfast today. And every now n then a bit of toast, but going to make it a habit from now on.

Yesterday I had 3 coffee, 2 tea, tomato sandwich for brunch, steak and veg (100gm steak) for dinner. No lunch.

Today I had 1 weetbix for brekky, a mini hot cross bun for morning smoko, a small banana for arvo smoko (worked over lunch) and being naughty n having a piece of pizza for dinner. 2 coffee and a tea. and I drank a litre of water :broccoli:
  • HAHAHA thought it would work same as
  • We all know that we need to drink more water and why, but when you look at it on paper (or screen) you understand it better. ... "your kidneys need water to function. When they aren’t getting enough, some of their workload is dumped onto the liver, stopping it doing its job of metabolising fat into energy."
  • Good for you Vonni for eating breakfast! It really is a good habit to get into. Lately I've been having bircher muesli with lite yoghurt. It's delicious and really quick and easy - just soak the muesli in water overnight and that's it.

Had a pretty good day food-wise yesterday. Had a midnight snack of a chunck of cheese a protein ball (little sweet thing made of oats, protein powder and coconut) and 2 squares of chocolate. Not ideal but definitely not the end of the world. Did weights and 20 minutes of intervals running/jogging/walking on the treadmill. Tonight will be a 40 minute walk.

I'm starting to feel tired with all these hours that I'm working and am pleased that I haven't been able to get put on my usual Saturday morning shift so I'll be able to have a proper weekend this week having done 65 hours rather than my usual 68.5

Got to keep reminding myself that it's worth it in the long run!

• weighing in everyday for the moment is really help me stay on track
    we had pizza last night as my new "routine" was shot to pieces and I know benji loves pizza and i had been very good ALL day usually i slip up at least once but as i said the daily weighin is motivating me to stay on track for just a bit longer

vonni - thanks for the water info, i really really needed that it helps me big time understand why i have to keep having water - does that include low cal cordials or just water??

ani - your landlords partner wanted you to whippersnipper that is the funniest thing i have ever heard

lindor - carrot carrot lost weight is awesome carrot carrot and PROACTIVE with the snack foods rather than REACTIVE that is so good

barb - 800grams a week probably means you will have to up the exercise?? you need to make a commitment to yourself to get out everyday and do 30mins of something are you able to do things at night time after dinner or if you can imagine being too exhausted to be bothered then you HAVE to get up at an ungodly hour and do it then.... i used to get up at ungodly hour do min 30mins on cross trainer (lucky me had one at home - but actually before i bought one i would drive in the dark to the gym) and then i sometimes walked the dogs for another 40mins then or the dogs would wait til i got home from work - meant a busy morning BUT a guaranteed hour exercise each day and drank heaps of water so the weight consistantly came off.... are you trying weightwatchers just look at Julia's ticker it works so good, I lost 10kg (hear me lie lie lie it was 9.5kg) about 4 years ago on WW never went to meetings just trained my mind to think in points - however I now think bread and pasta and potatos are evil - if you cant start now make the week the kids go back to school the first week of a new routine...???

gotta go have a shake and feed jemima (and juls she was not an angel yesterday she screamed in pain (yet to find out what) for about 15mins no rest until i gave her cheeseballs??!!) then today is swimming lessons and then "lunch" with a friend and then i am meeting a girl i met on a baby forum so that will be fun then hubby not home til late coz he is selling a car tonight that needs some final touches done so he is doing it at work which means "dinner" will be non-existant except for jemima

vonni - what other solid foods did you give abby when she first started 'eating' we are getting into grapes, pasta, bread, cheeseballs hehehe but need more variety!