Aussie Chicks in 2008

You're on Page 35 of 53
Go to
  • guess what?

JEMIMA IS WALKING

in other news i stuck to my internet ban (i allowed myself email and that is all) once JUST ONCE i hopped on ebay to find the name of a book i wanted to buy a friend, 2 minutes if that! so that is pretty good considering i have/had interenet addiction

i also didnt really weigh myself all month,
    i had a peak the last week or so and i am wavering around 84.8kg - this is for a couple of reasons, NOT m&ms (heheehe ani) but leftovers from jemima's party and me just basically NOT caring at all and not trying to maintain or lose weight - bad bad bad

I have been in weird mindframes all month, still not sure where i am at, staying the same and eating to lose weight is what is going on
    shakes for breakfast if i dont feel like toast or cereal or if i dont have time - treating them like an up and go alternative
    been having salad sandwiches and stuff like that you know healthy good food and since been doing that been feeling healthier etc

shakes do work but only if you gradually come off them - i went from shakes to food cold turkey - doesnt work that way - but still would do shakes diet again

julia - i am coming to nz forholiday in a month woo hoo

benji so funny - and surprising - he wants to eat all the easter stuff we got really fast so it is out of the house... that is SO SO SO me mindframe thing to do!!! so needless to say i am helping him in his quest!

having red rooster for lunch coz it is accross the road and i have to keep my 2 slices of bread for jemima! (NObody remind me that the servo next door to redrooster sells bread)

sorry if you think it is rude but i didnt stop and read all of the 25 pages i had missed - ok that exaggeration but close

ani - how you doin?
    gen - how exiting look at your profile "miss pittsburgh" that is so cool
    rennysue - hi
    lindor - internet ban was interesting, i think the weirdest bit was when i NEEDED it for things like movie times or phone numbers, (got my friends to do the movie times) but looked up the old fashion whitepages for numbers and refidex instead of where is..... i got benji to pay bills with internet banking and just crawled up in a ball and got the shakes when i had withdrawels from facebook.... (which now i am back on i think i can definately live without)
    just logged on to baby forum i am on and maybe will go back once a week....
    however wondering if i have put on more weight than i would have if i had had the support of all you guys...... so will be around but i have made some big restrictions
    i have to be off the computer and hopefully close to going to bed by 10.30 every night...... used to be on until midnight miniumum etc
    vonni - family is so frustrating, it sucks when you have to pretend you dont have support and battle on by yourself when you can see support in the house..... do you know what i mean? i have a friend with a 10week old bub about to leave her partner coz he doesnt help her.....

HI HI HI HI everyone

hey barb and amy!

MWAH
    my baby awake now so i best go get her out of her pjs and marvel in her walking!
  • Its raining here!! It hasn’t rained since December!

So much has been happening in the last few weeks here I haven’t been posting.

My dad had a heart attack two weeks ago and needed bypass surgery. He’s doing so well that he’s coming home today, five days after his surgery. He’s apparently breaking records at the hospital. Thank goodness he’s fit and generally healthy.

The programme I’m currently doing is called Bodyslim. It’s basically eating three meals and three protein only snacks and doing incidental exercise, they recommend 10,000 steps a day. Oh and no calorie counting or weighing food! That’s all! I’ve been on it now for 8 days and have lost 2.1kg. I’m not hungry and I have no cravings for anything. Sunday was my free day (you have one day a week where you can eat whatever you like) so I had a hot cross bun for brekkie and ate a couple of chockies through the day. It’s so easy to follow so if anyone want’s more info pm me and we can sort something out.

Lindor don’t give up now, you’ve come such a long way. I think we’ve all been at the place your at now so can really sympathise with the way your feeling. Is there a counsellor you can go and see, maybe talking to someone will help you to find what’s keeping you from reaching your goals. I know myself all that mental bashing can really get way too much to bare and giving up is the easy way out. Keeping up with all the posts on 3fc, even if I don’t post myself, keeps me sane. Just seeing that I’m not the only one going through all of this crap helps so much. I really don’t believe you succeed if you take this journey for someone else. My reasons have always been to keep my family happy, to be able to keep up with my kids, to get my doctor off my back………..but none of these reasons have helped me to stay on track. Now it’s my turn to take care of me. If I do this then everything else will follow, know what I mean? I think I’m dribbling on a bit now!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I’m going out to enjoy the rain! After 14 days of hot hot weather this is sooo nice!

XX
    Barb
  • its not raining here my friend in modbury said it been raining on anf off all day but not a single drop here ( IM GONNA CRY.... lol im only 40 minutes drive form her heheheh..

Great to see you 2 back and glad to hear you are doing ok..

you got your work cut out for you now with jem walking... she is gonna get into everything..... buts it sure is cute when they are so happy with themselves walking along.

Cameron is still sore and isnt at school today .. i doubt he will go this week .. since he needs to take the anitbiotics and the school wont give them out.
    anyway better go make these kiddies some lunch they are hungry and been asking since 11..

btw its mid day here and we are all still in our pj's lol...
  • There's nothing wrong with spending the day in your jim jams!
  • way to go Amy being in PJs still. I love days I don't HAVE to be anywhere and can be in my PJ's.

Kel welcome back woohooooo. We missed you, and cool stuff Jem is walking. Barb welcome back here for you to, where did you disappear to? You and Kel in cahoots? hehee.

barb that diet (eek I swore) sounds great. But I don't snack much, so would have to push myself to do it properly. I'd love more info.

Gotta fly. Have a son home who is MEANT to be at school but I busted working. he left home in his school clothes grrrr. Have an assignment due YESTERDAY. and have to start work in an hour. (don't know where I'm gonna put the son while working but he refuses to go school. I rang the welfare officer at school and he had a chat to the boy)

Vonni
  • I had a quiet day today Camerons ear still hurts so he has spent all day on the couch in his pjs...... omg.. i cant belaive it ..... its actually raining.... wow i dont think it has rained since november last year.. yippee whats left or my garden might actually survive... .. oops back on task lol Cam spent all day on the couch watching tv in his pjs.. Leah has spent most of the day playing in her bedroom .. and i have been washing my floors tidying up the toys and sorting out washing.... I also managed to get a 45 minute 9 km workout on the elliptical .. and im pretty pleased with that my cals for today are 1764..

Leah just called Cameron and asked hi what is making that funny noise.... hahahha .. Cameron told her.. its actually raining Lolly .. lol... its already slowing down.. omg 3 minutes of rain and its gonna stop.. that is sad.. i hope it starts again.

Vonni what did you end up doing with your school wagger when you went to work?

the kids stayed in there jammies all day i got dressed just after i got off the boards earlier.. before i made lunch lol .. well im gonna go and have a shower b4 hubby gets online for a chat ..
  • I just got back from my first full day at work. According to my pedometer I walked 10.4km AT WORK today . Not to mention the stairs I climbed up and down half a dozen times, or the fact that I did all those kms in heavy steel cap boots!

KEL! Welcome back .

Barb - woo hoo on the weight loss . Congratulations!

I really want to reply to your post from yesterday Vonni but I am stuffed!

Don't think I'll have too much trouble dropping the next kilo before the end of April if I keep this walking up… it's insane!

But I really loved it
  • Gosh Ani you must be looking SOOOOOOOO good is it photo time yet?

i have had a cleaner in my house the last two tuesdays, not to clean as such but to teach me what to do (i think she figured that out this week) I dont know how i have managed to survive this long with having no idea about housework, my parents were both in the army so kept a very clean house - it all just happened, i know how to iron and the basics but the nitty gritty just got done....
    today though i wasnt in the mood and we cleaned out my pantry instead and cleaned the couches, soon it will be all clean and when jemima is napping i will maintain it - thats the plan anyway - and that in a round a bout type of way is going to help me stick to my weight loss as organised cupboard and fridge and mealplans is one thing i think i have been missing

benji out getting haircut tonight, so i best get stuck into the cleaning i didnt do with the cleaner today.... heheheehe
    after biggest loser

heaps better this year as they have been more educational i reckon, am so glad they got rid of sheridan and very glad JJ got rid of himself....
    ani are you still watching and hating it?
  • ps - i really should weigh myself.... i think i will on Monday then see what i can do for the 3 weeks before my NZ holiday.... holiday will be interesting in terms of weightloss as it will be maybe 3 weeks in a car.... hmmmm
  • Welcome back Kel. That's exciting that you're coming to NZ. Where are you going to be?

Great to hear that you enjoyed your first full day of work Ani I bet that you'll get a big boost in your weight loss with this new job. You'll be active in a totally different way to the usual and the weight will probably fall off you.

I had a nice night last night, the baby did more sleeping and drinking and is just cute as a button.

Goal for today: eat well.

Have a good one everybody!

• Yeah welcome back Kel. I had a laugh with you having a cleaner to teach you how and not to do it for you!

My goodness Ani all that walking with such heavy boots on you'll have the best set of buns around!

Vonni I pm'd you with bodytrim info.

It rained on and off all day here Amy. I've had to bring in my towels and spin them again!!

I jumped on the scales today (my official weigh day was yesterday) and am no longer seeing three numbers! I hope I keep it up for the official weigh day!
  • Im annoyed i have eaten chocolate everyday since easter.. lol. John computer has gone missing in australia post.. $3000 down the drain.. i have it registered but they cant find it.. I posted it on 13th and im am being blamed by john.. though i told him to wait till he got home and he still wanted it posted .. im p*ssed p*ssed p*ssed p*ssed p*ssed...
    We cant afford to replace it and as usual by john being impatiant we are fu&ked.

Cameron is still not sleeping so is still home from school, I have a bimbo friend p*ssing me off 20 times a day calling me everytime her baby farts and is complaining about all the other kids at school even though her duaghter is a complete feral little sh*t..

So im p*ssed at myself im p*ssed at my husband im p*ssed at my mum im p*ssed at having no sleep im p*ssed at aussie post and im p*ssed with my friends....

Life sucks.. But i ate 300 cals of chocolate to feel better made myself feel worse then went and did 8 kms on the elliptical in 43 minutes and then 40 minutes of free weights.. and now im still pissed but not feeling as guilty..
    weigh in friday so im doubt ive lost any weight at all this week .. if anything i have probably put it back on...

I need a new way to cope with stress and the idiots in my life...
  • Hmmmm, maybe we also need an aussie chicks rant page? lol. Oh dear Amy I feel bad for you. Will you be compensated from Aus Post? How long does it take? Men - can't live with em, can't live without em - well..... yeah I reackon we can lol. Sry I'm not the best to give advice about matters of the heart. As for yr friend, let her know that while you value your friendship that there are times when she just has to deral with things and not rely on you. And I know it's hard when people think their kids are wonderfulk. My experience is that NO child is an angel, just some hide their behaviour better than others or behave in most situations but have the occassional horror time. At least I know when my kids are naughty and not being sly cause they are LOUD. And I'm the first to admit they can be horrible critters sometimes.
  • I'm still too tired to write much - another 11.2km at work today and I came home starving and stuffed!

I may have to change my calorie intake because I'm starving by the time I get home from work, and I have to confess I've been eating rubbish this week. I was thinking about it tonight, and trying to figure out how many calories I am burning at work… can't seem to get my head around it.

But aside from all that walking I reckon I must have lifted and shifted several hundred kilos throughout the course of the day. So I'm feeling clueless.

Got a couple of days off coming up, so with any luck I will be able to sit down and sort things out. I also get my first pay tomorrow, so I'll be able to go food shopping, and that will help me to plan things better.

Sorry girls - I've read all your posts but my brain is fried. Promise to be more sociable soon.

Ani
  • oh vonni you hit the nail on the head my whiny friend was saying another child attacked her childs hair with a pair of scissors at school made a huge scene at school this morning about this other kid is and she was ranting that this other little girl was malicous and mean ( they are 7 for goodness sake) She rung the principal and told him if he didnt do something about it she would..
    WELL.. guess what..
    Her duaghter had lied as usual.. she cut her own hair.. and blamed it on this other child the principal took the girls out of class and talked to them and they both said she had done it to herself.. lmao Her daughter is a real litlle ****.. and im not mean about other peoples kids.. she has killed 5 guinea pigs.. by hand.. she does nothing she is told ,refuses to leave other kids alone in class and wont do her school work.her emotions are all ott to. the school asked her mother to get her accessed for adhd.. and she refused to take her

. ok sorry about b4 iu am calm now i just really neede to vent.. lol i had started yelling at the kids for no reason.. had the steam coming out my ears and come on the boards instead.. lol.. Today turned around on itself..

John sent me an email at about 6 pm saying the computer turned up in nhulumbuy today .. and he will get it tommorrow australia post rang him and told him instead of telling me .. and he has no credit on his phone so couldn't tell me earlier .. The clerk at the company in picking the comp up from the post offic in the morning .. hooray .. lol.. Also the boss has told John he isnt getting sacked just yet.. So he is alot less stressed. and very happy to have something to look forward too after work tommorow..

You see i bought a web cam for my computer so we can have some fun The kids love it.. and will enjoy seeing Daddy .. on the computer..

i burned off 701 calories with my workout today which brought me down to 1431.. so i really didnt need to est the damn chocolate i consumed 2132 calories today and 358 of them was chocolate.. i would have been at 1780 if it wasnt her buit nooo, it is here and i ate it.. pfft .. lol so anyway here is to a better day tommorrow..

I will not eat chocolate
    I will not eat chocolate
    I will not eat chocolate
    I will not eat chocolate
    I will not eat chocolate
    lol do you think that will work?????? lol i hope so ..or i have blown my weight loss once again.. im not doing to good at this really am i?? lol
    according to calorie king my mataince calorie leval at my weight is 2450 calories.. so at least im below that .. and according to them to gain i need to consume 2950 calories lol..
    they say i should consume 1950 to loose weight.. im happier at 1700-1800 cals. i just gotta stick to it .. lool maybe i should aim from 1700-1900 cals?

It would be easier if everyone was the same and this weight loss thing was simple science lol but no we all different..

Ani have a look at your weight and activity level at http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm at the bottom of the pull down list is phsyical job .. on the days you work i would up to waht these guys say .. the calculations are pretty true ..