Aussie Chicks in 2008

You're on Page 23 of 53
Go to
  • I'm back! I won't bore you with the tedium of the move, because it was very stressful. The friend who was helping me DIDN'T turn up on Thursday, and then DIDN'T turn up yesterday - and he's the one with the ute! So another friend ended up booking a removalist and sending them down to me at lunch time yesterday.

Today I have to go back to the old house and pack/move a couple of carloads - plus my fish, and then clean the old house! Blurk!!!

But according to my pedometer I clocked up 27,000 steps yesterday. So surely that has to count for something for Monday's weigh-in. Doesn't it? I know I worked like a dog from 6am - 10pm, and it's going to be another big day today.

And just when I thought all was calm, I got offered another job yesterday… and it is much more appealing than the one I'm meant to start on Monday. Not only that, but it is only 2 minutes drive from home, compared with 40 minutes through peak hour traffic.

Oh what to do???

Anyway - must get on with it. Just wanted to pop in and say hi .
  • wow Ani another job offer , in the long run it might be a better choice with less traveling.. but does it have the same oppertunities as the other one?? Personally i would go for the 2 minute drive over a 40 minute even if it pays less. Becuase i hate driving . hmmm lol..

Kel i sold the ute with the trading post , i booked it online and it went into the paper too I had over 30 phone calls for it .. So maybe worth a try. 29.95 for 2 weeks in the paper and online and you can have 5 pictures .

Ive had a busy week losy a kilo in the end so im pretty happy with that . I havent felt myself since last week , I had a horrid period and think im low on a few things so i went and bought a multi with iron and zinc .. should help me alot .. I have only been sleeping about 4 hours a night for the last 2 weeks too and that is not helping me either.. I havent had the energy for any real good workouts ive just been walking and maybe been on the bike 2 times in 2 weeks? lol not enough but when you feel crappy you just dont want to sweat lol.. hopefully in a week or 2 ill feel better and more able. but at least im still losing .

LOL Im such a whiner lol.. The kids have been as good as gold and our diet is good no cheating and im drinking plenty of water so a few plus things lol.. oh and i found the kinda car i want too its really nice .. Im very fussy i went a big little car lol .. a small car with space .. and ive decided on a 2000ish ford laser, they have everything im looking for in a car for under $10,000. Large boot space rear seats that can fold down if needed, not to long or wide 1.6 litre efi ( so cheap to run) power steering ac ect.. Sounds good to me . Astra look ok too but i dont know that much about them.. I like the lasers hey kel benji knows about cars doesnt he? Can you ask him which is better astra or laser? around years 98 to 2002 ..?
  • Very sensible of you Amy - my mum was just telling me I'll have to get a "sensible" car when I get home instead of a "gas guzzler"... unfortunately, I love my commodores! I hate putting my foot down and hearing the 'putt... putt' of a small engine. Heh. Closet revhead.

Ani, what's the second job doing?
  • benji says:
    "buy the laser because astras have stupid electrical problems - they are always getting towed in"

i gotta go ice cake and ice cupcakes and make honey joys and meringues and finish party bags and do pinata stuff and make a carebear for the kids to pin the heart to its butt ETC
    big party tomorrow and i feel like a balloon i started eating crap today

baby screaming wonder why, i should go check that out EVEN THOUGH benji is out there...??

ani - go for the 2 mins away job as long as you think you will like it. i used to work 4 mins away and just having the option to go home was great BUT dont let anyone else know you live so close or you feel like everyone knows your business....
  • Hi Ani. You will probably want us all to shut up, but you need to weigh up several things.... 2 mintue drive is a how many minute walk for your exercise if you wanted wqhen weather cools? How much fuel is 40 minutes of peak hour driving going to cost you? Even if pay is less will you save on fuel and wear and tear on yr car? What is the other job doing? You said it sounded more appealing. Is it long term short term? Which type of business would do better in ahrd times? etc... etc.... Good luck in whatever decision you make.

I had a cow at work today. She abused me no end swearing and carrying on. She was this pert little curly haired blonde. She is known for her attitude. She had an item in for repair, said she had a call about it to pick it up, but bought in no paperwork. Said the 'girl' told her didnt need it only licence to prove her. I couldnt look it up on computer because no paperwork, no number to correspond. I asked if we still had them so I could get a keycode to run a repair search on it that way. She attitude like said how would I know I've been away for a month I dnt live in town anymore. I drove all the way from rocky to get it. (um, yeah, like who would drive that distance for a $60 item?) Anyhow I said ok I will go out back and see. So I went out searched reapair room, a manager even came to help and then we couldnt see it so he said tell her not here and without paperwork we cant chase it, wait until monday when reapir organiser in and ask her who she was talking to. (she didnt know). I went back to tell her and boy I copped it for ages, in the end I put my hands up and said you dont have to be so rude and swear at me. You have seen me look in communications book, computer and room. I even had manager help. She started going on how incompetant I was blah blah blah. I hardly even got a word in and there was no reasoning with her so I said thats it, I dont get paid enough to put up with this, I am NOT dealing with you anymore, and then phoned a manager. She then started telling me I was childish running to management and if she was the boss she'd give me the sack, eben told our DM that when she came down. Even swore at me in front of them heaps, I tell ya I am not violent,,,,,,, but I so wanted to jump the counter, punch her in the face and twist her little curls till she had a permanant face lift. I was SO MAD. Anyhow, her mum came over, and she was loudmouthing me in front of so many customers (but they were looking at her in horror like she was a psycho *****). Boss went to have another look and rang repair person on their day off. Came back and pulled her aside to speak to quietly. She HAD rung lady, only to say repair agent didnt have same colour battery was it ok to be different. OMG! The dumb cow said to boss oh, i thought she meant it was ready. She walked out with no item and didnt look at me. I was so horrified. I said to boss it would have been nice if she was made to apologise to me. I had witness of door lady and a supervisor and they both said I did nothing to woman but handled very well, with tact and diplomacy and they didnt know how i DIDN'T lose it with her. Geeee Its times like this I hate my job. That was the first bad thing and it better be the last or I WILL ask for higher pay. And if not, at the first sign of any **** will call DM.

Anywho I will stop ranting. Kel you ahve a wonderful day with Jemima tomorrow. Gen I love commodores to, When I put my SLE off the road I bawled for days. (was oversized motor hehehe). But I still am a holden girl. I had a big ford once and hated it, felt like I was floating (cortina ws ok). Now I own a Holden 4x4 and love it. excellent on fuel, wonderful handling and a dream.

Amy - Benji is right go with the Laser. They are a great little car so my many friends tell me. And parts arent going to cost an arm and a leg. Anyhow better go, updating the laptop so need to give it some room.

PS - diet went crashing today. Kebab and hot chocolate for lunch, ferrero rochers (3) a pkt of twisties, cream bun.... need I go on? I am NOT expecting a loss this week, as over time and watching my habits and monitoring my weight I have learnt that I am of the body type that NEEDS to not touch ANY crap food, even if I exercise I will gain.

Vonni
  • Well, it's the same job - working in a garden centre. This new offer is with Bunnings; they're a bigger company, offer better career options, pay almost $6/hour more, and give staff discount on everything in the store (not just garden stuff). They are Australia-wide, so transfer to anywhere is possible, they have better superannuation plans … plus employees get bonus shares. Plus the travel time is nothing. They also supply clothing for work.

The one I am supposed to start pays peanuts, and I have to wrestle with peak hour traffic - and count the cost of the daily wear and tear on my car for a 90 minute round trip. I have to buy my own clothes, pay for parking every day, and work in a nursery which doesn't inspire me as much as the local garden centre at Bunnings.

I've woken up covered in bruises - all that packing, moving, dragging things in and out of cars. According to my pedometer I walked 37km in the last two days moving - and that doesn't account for lifting, scrubbing, and all sundry moving tasks.

My new house looks like a bomb has hit it - and I'm going to spend a large part of today unpacking as many boxes as I can. I won't get it all finished (not with 40 boxes of books waiting for me), but I think I can make a decent dent in it.

Where is Lindor?

I'm changing my ticker back to kilos - for no logical reason I decided this morning that I'd do that.

Ani
  • Ani i think its kinda a no brainer .. with water restrictions only gonna get worse smal garden centres aren't going to last .. bunnings however is a huge company.. and the working conditions are top notch.. I know a couple of mums that work in bunnings and they are very good if you need days off for sick kids or need to arive late leave early becuase of kids .. things like that.. They really like it.

But i know your probably gonna feel guilty for the guys in the small centre accross town.. that pays in peanuts lol .. I hope you all the best in making yuour decision ..

Kel and Vonni .. ty for the advice its very much appreciated . I have never bought a car for more then $1400 so im kinda like a fish out of water .. but im sick of driving unreliable peices of crap lol .. Me and John played a game on the way to the airport when we dropped him off.. It was to find a worse looking car then ours on the road. Mine has no paint left on the roof or boot and is going on the bonnet too .. It was morning peak house and we were killing our selves ... there was not a single vehicle on the road in busy peak hour that looked as bad as ours ... We actually got to the airport ( 25 minutes drive) with out the car over heating but when i left the airport i had to park up for 30 minutes for it to cool down before leaving .. lol We were at the end of the run way watching the planes so the kids liked it ..

Vonni I love the permanent face lift .. idea lmao .. I would done that for sure.. actually i would have started swearing back.. lol i think you did really well with the B*tch on heat .. and what a stupid cow she was.. lol came all that way and it wasn't even ready.. HAHAHAHA... in the end you had the last laugh .. I wonder if she will actually come back and pick up her item?

Kel have fun at the party
    Happy Birthday
    Jemima .

I hope you guys have a great day give jem a big kiss and cuddle from us

Yesterday i took the kids for a swim and my parents they were as good as gold . So i as very happy with them.. i swam for 4 hours and am feeling pretty good today . I was feeling really crappy and now on the third day of taking a multi i feel great .. i was sleeping maybe 3 hours a night for the last 2 weeks and last night i slept 8 woo hoo.. finally i feel like me again.. Today i feel like i could run a marathon .. It good to finally feel normal again.. anywa we are off to a birthday party today too for Leahs little friend Nicolas who has turned 4 its should be good fun . its from 12-130 so the kids will be nioce and warn out when we get home since its gonna be hot here today . So i bet i have a nice quiet afternoon .. with the kids lying down watching movies . Anyway i have a kitchen full of dishes calling my name.. lol i wish they would call some one else but oh well.. lol..

cya guys later
  • http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&id=683934014

hey hey
    party was great (check out Jemima's facebook album) (if you have facebook add her or me through her friends as a friend)
    we had games and everything - loved it coz it was casual and relaxing
    am not going to think about optifast until thursday which is weigh in day
    i will go for a couple of days with the party leftovers and getting better. jemima and i were both sick for her birthday but soldiered on
    she had to get her cough checked on today of all days but that is ok we like the doctor and brought him some cake

thanks for birthday wishes

ani - go with bunnings - uniform BIG plus, discount BIG plus, less responsibility coz so big BIG plus for you that has just had forever of working for self

amy - benji thought airport story was funny

vonni - kebabs are actually good!!!!!!! (unless u fill with cheese and fatty sauce) AND you were so controlled not to punch that lady! i abused a telemarketer last week, all she did wrong was be the fourth cold call for the day! I used to work in call centres and got abused for a living so i shouldnt have been so rude to that chick but honestly she was asking for it by not answering simple questions..... but i HATE it when someone abuses you and then when they find out they are WRONG dont step down off high horse and apologise!
  • finally subscribing to thread
    ho hum
  • Quote: finally subscribing to thread
    ho hum
    LMAO@subscribing. Only took ya a few months. Kel can't blame you for getting annoyed at telemarketers. I do to. Especially when so many of them ring around dinner time or kids bed time... cause they KNOW you will be home. I hate it when sometimes even you get put on hold as soon as you answer, like they were the ones wanting to talk to you. How rude. Jemimas cake looks great, it looked like you all had such a fun day.

Well today is NOT a good day. The scales are up. So much for me getting rid of that last 900gm in 2 weeks. Up bloomin 600gm so I am not happy jan. But as I said I have been eating crap. SO it is on the cross trainer more often for me and more water this week. I CAN DO IT.

Ani one word B U N N I N G SBut at the end of the day it is your choice and you have to live with your job. The most attractive thing to me about it is the opportunity for advancement and transfers. You just never know where life takes you. And yes big company is only getting bigger.
  • LOOK AT MY TICKER…
  • WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO go ani go go ani go .. go go go go ani go....
  • OMG OMG OMG I am so jealous but so excited and happy. We knew you could do it. That is so awesome.
  • Vonni don't be jealous. You know as well as I do how hard it is to get your head right when you're trying to lose weight. It is SO tough!

And I'm not surprised I lost 2kg this week. I worked my butt off for the last three days, and it was all pretty intense physical work. I'm being slack today, but am about to go and unpack the bedroom… and anything else I can manage.

I have my appointment with Bunnings in less than five hours. Cross your fingers that everything will be OK there, because I've let the Waldecks offer go.

OK - so onto the next weight loss goal. It's pretty simple: by the end of Autumn I want to weigh 75kg. And this is how I'm going to get there:

• On average I'll eat less than 1600 calories every day. Most of that will consist of whole food, a few treats, and the yummiest meals I can afford;

• I will keep myself hydrated, aiming for 2L of water a day;

• I will do at least an hour of gardening, domestics or something active every day;

• I will wear my pedometer and aim to get as close to 10,000 steps every day as I can; and

• I will cut the dead wood out of my life – people who make a habit of draining my energy, taking my offer of friendship but giving nothing back, people who use me for their own purposes… there's no room in this new adventure for people who are weighing me down.

Ani
  • Congrats Ani!!!! You'll have to move more often...