Aussie Chicks in 2008

You're on Page 12 of 53
Go to
  • lol yeah i did enjoy it lol.. but I'm gonna do an extra 20 minutes on the elliptical today to burn it off lol. I usually go on about midday but today ill get on it once my breakfast has gone down and then again at mid day lol.. If i have to work it off i wont do it next time 2 days in a row is not good and i don't want to make a habit of it so ill own it instead and burn it off .. thats my theory and I'm sticking to it lol.. then ill do my aerobic at 1.30 as usual .
  • Vonni, have a good time...and be good!

Now Kel, pringles??? What are they?

In the last four weeks I have taught myself the art of 'moderation'. I have been able to live with a fridge full of chocolate stuffs since I received a box full just after Xmas. I have learned that the chocolate I eat today, will taste just as yummy tomorrow...so I can leave some until tomorrow.

So to test myself further, I have bought packets of funsized Picnics, Crunchies, Caramello Koalas and (AND!!!) a packet of Tim Tams!!! Everyday (give or take a few days) for a couple of weeks now, for an afternoon snack, I have treated myself to a cup of coffee with some sort of chocolate! And it has always remained in my calorie budget too!

I haven't gone for the Pringles yet...but I think that is only because I am SICK of the bloody things!!!

Other savoury snacks that I took away with me last week were treated in the same manner as the chocolate, so I'd like to think I could live with Pringles in my house too.

I received some disappointing news yesterday...normally that would have me reaching for the munchies for comfort. Not this time however!!! I have just kept myself busy with other things! So maybe I am learning things this time around? But, four weeks is really only early days!

I stuck to my goals yesterday, except the exercise bit. I really don't know what to do about the exercise, but I figure if I can lose weight without it then it isn't anything to really worry about just yet. I know my thoughts on that will have to change at some point in the future.

Ani, you appear to have weighed up all the pros and cons of your situation, and I agree that you sound as if you have already made the decision to finish up your business. There will be a grieving period with that, so take care of yourself. Are you going to take a break before taking the next job?

I have a work lunch today. I can be good right?

Have a good day all
  • Lindor I spent most of yesterday in tears, and I know I will grieve. I've given myself until Friday to make the decision officially, and I have made appointments with different people to talk through the issues. I need to be sure.

What will I do? I don't know, and while that's scary from a financial point of view, I see it as an opportunity too. The local paper wants to write a story about me if I decide to end it - and it's nice to be acknowledged for something that people think was important for its time. But I think my time has come.

I'd be very happy to do an ordinary job with a regular income for a while, and I've got some ideas for other stuff I would like to do - a weekly radio show is definitely in the front of my thinking. But we'll see.

Gen what's going on? Were you surprised that you put that weight back on? Do you have a plan, or are you still doing Weight Watchers?

Amy you crack me up . I'm glad you enjoyed that chocolate - I always take the attitude (when I eat off plan) that I'm going to eat it slowly and savour every bite. I learned long ago that it's dangerous to flatter food by calling it good or bad.

I'm impressed Lindor that you're incorporating those treats into your daily food. To me it's the best way to go - to live now the way you will when you reach goal!

I met my goals yesterday, and I plan to do it again today. It's really important to me that I am able to stay on plan while I am going through all these changes in my life. It's a really big test for me, and it will give me a very good indication of how much I've learned and changed in the last 18 months.

Hey I forgot to tell everyone this. When I went to the WACA on Friday I sat down next to a complete stranger who was very friendly and chatty. The first thing he said to me (after hello) was: "I'm really glad you're here today. The bloke who sat next to me yesterday was a great bloke - but he was fat and took up half my space". I didn't tell him, of course, that it's the first time I can remember fitting comfortably into one of those seats myself . But it was a nice moment.

Ani
  • its funny how people can start out postive but always turn it in to a negative about other size...
    oh she got a pretty face but...
    it doesnt matter who you talk to they always turn anything nice said about someone bigger into a negative.. sad really..

Im sorry you are finding it so hard ani , but you know your the only one that can make a such a life changing decision dont let any one else persuade you one way or the other . for you
  • It's been a while since I last posted.

My mum's been in the hospital, she gave us all a bit of a scare there. She's doing a whole lot better now, thank goodness.

Kel. My kids are 5 and 9 and I've tried to take them walking with me but all they do is whinge about tired legs and sore feet. Definately doesn't work! Your pics definately show a difference all over, well done!

Amy. You've got a long way to travel to see your best friend! Mine lives in Mackay and I miss her terribly. And chocolate is evil isn't it!

Lindor. Good on you for having all those nice things in your fridge and not letting them beat you. From what you've posted you seem to be really focused.

Julia. Are you feeling a little better today? Everything ok?

Gen. You know you can do this, you've done it before.

Vonni. Have a nice time away. Relax, take it easy and get some me time!!

Ani. I'm sorry that you have to be going through all of this stuff at the moment. Life has a way of giving it to you all or nothing.

XX
    Barb
  • Not sure how I've managed it but I stuck to my food and water goals today. I didn't exercise, but that's OK.

I'm really sad. Been talking to people about ending my business and many of them are sad about it too - but I'm sure now.

The challenge for me is to keep going with my healthy goals as I go through the process of winding up my business, moving house and finding a job. On one level I feel excited about it all - a whole new opportunity, a new chapter in my life about to be written, and it feels like something wonderful will come of this.

Of course it's scary having no money and no job, but you know what? I know something will happen now that I've made room in my life for new opportunities.

I have had eight and a half wonderful years as editor and publisher of a magazine, and I hope I have done some good. I think I have!

It all feels a bit surreal at the moment, but I am really determined to make positive and lasting changes, even though it scares the **** out of me.

Sorry for waffling, but this is a really significant decision for me. And I have no doubt that it will challenge my weight loss efforts. Guess we'll see how much I have really learned in the coming month or so .
  • Wow, Ani what a big decision you've made. I'm sure it'll be the right thing for you and you sound really positive about the future which is great. I wish you the very best and I'm sure that everything will work out well for you

Kel, your pics are awesome! I can DEFINITELY see a huge change in your whole face shape. Way to go

I agree with what you all say about really enjoying it if you go off track with your diet. I had fish n chips for dinner on Monday night and I savoured every last bite

I took the day off work yesterday and spent the day vegging around at home. Watched the coverage of Sir Ed Hillary's funeral and am glad that I got to see that.

I'm still not feeling 100%. Feeling more mentally drained than anything and I know that it's a viscious cycle and that while I feel like resting and doing nothing, the less I do the worse I feel so back to work today and I'll go to the gym today even if it is just to walk for half an hour on the treadmill.

One thing I've done today which I'm really wrapt with is that I've paid for my share of our accommodation in New York and San Francisco for my holiday with my mum in June.

Next payday I'll pay for my international flights and from there on in all I've got to save for is my spending money. The end of working nights is in sight!

• julia - sorry if you had no inkling for fish and chips until i went on about it! your holiday is going to be awesome!

ani - complete life change is so scary but so exciting, the possibilites are endless - i am so excited for you!!

lindor - this "time" around i have learnt to enjoy all foods and like ani said no food is good or evil so i am going to work my way towards a handful of m&ms i will try pringles on your behalf and tell you if they still taste the same....
  • Heath Ledger's dead ? Bloody **** - he's only 28!

I got up about 20 minutes ago, and discovered that THREE of my cats had spent the night outside. This housemate's shelf-life has just significantly shortened… significantly!

Going to be on-plan today. And I intend to exercise, which I didn't do yesterday.

A couple of years ago I watched a very close friend go through similar to what I am going through. He ran the local newspaper for many years, but he didn't walk away when he got to this point. He tried to keep going, and I saw how much it hurt him physically and emotionally. He called me yesterday - and it helped clarify things for me.

We had a big giggle (in between tears) about starting up a garden centre together. Pottering in the garden has kept us both sane.

Julia don't underestimate how exhausting it is trying to work two jobs, and how much it disrupts your routine and social life.

I must go for a walk now - it's going to be 36ºC today, so if I don't go now I won't do it.

Ani
  • i am happy eating almosy anything as long as i have got enough of what i need nutrition wise and i have the calories in my plan to spare lol.. But any food that puts me over the limit is just evil lol.... Some days that one thing is all it takes and then i feel guilty .

Omg i just scrolled down and read Heath ledger OMG he hung himself that is so tragic.. poeple think the actors in hollywood are so happy and lucky .. but it shows they are just like us.. such a shame..

Did you guys hear on the news about the women that killed her 7 month old baby? It is my cousin's husband sister..She went to a natrapath that put her on the Atkins diet.. this made her extreemely depressed and she was not coping at all ( before the diet she was fine) but they put it down to post natal it wasn't. she put her son ( that they had a lot of trouble and heart ache concieving ) into the car in the locked garage and tryed to kill herself and him.. he died but her huisband came home from work in time and pulled her out of the car .. my cousin is a mess and her kids have just lost the little cousin jacob .I dont know the lady but i feel sad for the family my cousins hubby has only got this lady as a sister.. and his parents are lovely , i cant imagine how they are all feeling my aunt and uncle know them and are very upset.

I had a good day yesturday i was watching oprah and i was realloy enjoyting it . it was about hiding vegetables from kids lol.. i had been on the elliptical for 30 minutes before lunch and decided to go back on and burn off the chocolate lol.. I was intruiged by the oprah and just kept riding lol.. in the end i did 80 minutes and 20 kms all up yesterday on the elliptical .. lol I decided half way through Oprah i was gonna keep watching it instead of going and doing the aerobics at 130 lol. My calories were good yesturday to 1647 so im happy i dont mind if they are a little under but i do mind if i go over lol

wow ani im glad you made your decision,
    kiwi a bum day is good sometime especially when you are as busy as you are
    barb im glad your mum is getting better
  • Saw the news about Heath Ledger - how very sad. I really feel for his family, especially his wee daughter :-(
  • Amy where did you see that he hung himself? Everything I've seen on the news sites says possible drug overdose .....
  • i looked it up and dogpile and read it now however it has chnaged the story on usa today it said the house keeper found him and he had hung himself now it says police found him naked on his bed lol stupid interent
  • Last I heard Heath had pneumonia - and taking sleeping pills with that is pretty dangerous. His family said it was accidental.

Just been for a 35 minute walk - couldn't do any more than that because it's just too hot out there.
  • i just heard about Heath, that is awful.
    we had the song "cant take my eyes off you" as our walk down the aisle song at our wedding coz of how he sung it in 10 things i hate about you.....
    actually i could watch any movie he was in just coz of him......
    very very sad, I didnt think Matilda was even one year old

amy that is awful about the little baby that died too.... so sad when they dont have a chance at life

on a lighter note.... i bought new togs today a size smaller!!! target having huge sale so i got 2 pairs one the size smaller and one the size below that THNKING POSITVELY and benji got my old clothes out of the ceiling and the one thing i tried on fits, not game to try some of theother pants on.... will quit while i'm ahead for another week.

had a kebab for lunch today, will decide later if i have a shake or just veges for tea, if i have a shake i will have gone aobut 200calories over again and tomorrow IS weigh in day, and i'm not that hungry BUT had to get benji to stay home today as i had a huge headache and had gone to bed at 7.30pm last night then woke at 10.30ish for a couple of hours so ALL out of whack.

we have a wasp that gets stuck INSIDE the bedroom door... it is so weird.