Food Processor Raspberry Ice Cream

• Found this on one of my many recipe hunts....not sure where but it is good. (if you don't mind the seeds)

This recipe also works well when strawberries are substituted for the raspberries.
    Serves 4
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1 pound Raspberries, frozen (or strawberries)
    1/4 cup Milk
    1/4 cup Half and half (half milk, half cream)
    1 teaspoon Vanilla
    Add the splenda to food processor bowl. Add the berries and run until smooth. In a separate bowl (or measuring cup) mix together the milk, half & half, and vanilla. With the machine running, slowly add the milk mixture. When smooth, place in the freezer until serving time.

Note: Tried this with fully frozen raspberries and they were a bit to hard to process….next time I will let them thaw just a bit
  • A few changes

A food processor can make great small batches of ice cream. This recipe also works well when strawberries or blueberries are substituted for the raspberries.
    Serves 4
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1 pound Raspberries, frozen (or strawberries or blueberries)
    1/4 cup Milk
    1/4 cup cream*
    1 teaspoon Vanilla
    Add the splenda to food processor bowl with the berries and run until smooth. In a separate bowl (or measuring cup) mix together the milk, cream, and vanilla. With the machine running, slowly add the milk mixture. When smooth, place in the freezer until serving time.

Note: Tried this with fully frozen raspberries (and strawberries) and they were a bit to hard to process…works better to let them thaw just a bit.

*I changed the half and half to all cream and it was less carbs and is tastier if anything.

I have since tried this with strawberries (VERY Yummy!) and Blueberries (used lemon instead of vanilla....also VERY Yummy!) as well as Peaches (Peaches and Cream YUM!)