Extreme Fat Smash with a vegetarian diet

• Hello! Just popping in to ask a quick question. I've been "doing" the South Beach thing for about six months and am looking for some calorie-controlled meals along the same guidelines to help me get to goal. The reviews I read on Fat Smash seemed like this is a good, nutritionally balanced program so I thought I'd give it a try.

I bought the Extreme Fat Smash book thinking I had read that it was a vegetarian program (I've been a vegetarian for eighteen years), but then saw in the recipes that there is meat included in the daily meal plans. What to do? Is there a substitution resource somewhere?

Our library here doesn't have any books by Dr. Smith and there aren't any bookstores downtown with books in English, so I bought the book off-line sight unseen.

Thanks for any help!

Kara
  • On Extreme FS, I replaced the meat with tofu or veggie burgers, and used soy milk and yogurt. I didn't stick to it very long though. I think the normal FS diet is better for a vegetarian diet, because phase I of the diet is vegetarian.
  • Thanks, Tera. Maybe I'll just give it a go and see what happens.

Kara
  • You're welcome. Good luck!