Finding a good fit

• I realize women come in all shapes and sizes...

I just can't seem to find pants and skirts that accomodate my waist. My tummy is where I'm carrying my weight- I have almost no difference between my waist and hip measurements so pants that fit my waist have "saddlebags" and "butt sag" that I have to get taken in.

Anyone out there who can recommend a clothing line or style to help me out. I refuse to buy elastic waisted ANYTHING!
  • I have the same problem. However, I love elastic waists. I can't stand anything that zips or buttons.

Are you a tweener size? I am right now. One size is too big but the next size down is too snug.

I have no idea what my size is because they vary at the different stores.
  • LOL "tweener" size! Yeah, 12's make me look homeless but give my tummy a little extra comfort room, 10's fit but are just a little tight over my tummy, and 8's will zip but look more like sausage casing than pants. I've been wearing the 12's and hoping my personality outshines my appearance
  • Ugh -- if anyone has advice on this, I can't wait to hear it. I swear, my legs and bottom are 2 sizes smaller than my enormous stomach and nothing looks right.
  • Man, can I feel your pain. I spent a long time altering pants the other day and they are still not just right. It appears that I need about a size 6 for my legs/butt and a size 12 for my waist. I despise the buttsag/clown leg look.

I even sent away for "Mustang Pants" (hate the name) from Old Pueblo traders because they are touted as being smaller in the seat and legs. Well, maybe, but I looked like I had this huge bubble around my butt and stomach and the waist was still way too tight. And, they were supposed to be pettite, but were about 6" too long. I was really disappointed. [/rant]

I seriously want to know if anyone finds pants for the thick-waisted. Surely, we four are not the only ones with this problem.
  • You know, even when they try to address this on What Not to Wear, I think the person goes from looking like they have a fat stomach to looking like they're trying to hide a fat stomach. Aaaah! We need a fashion designer!!!
  • Have you tried www.zafu.com ? register and you can get some fairly accurate suggestions
  • This site is awesome! It even allows you to get recommendations for bras! Thanks so much L144S! As soon as my holiday shopping is over, I'll be shopping for myself!
  • Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing.