Back for the last time

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm back and not leaving this board again. I just can't seem to get into losing weight again. Since moving and I finally decided that it has to stop right now. I'm gonna get healthy again. So went and got everything foodwise I need to today. And I'm back on South Beach. I've tried everything from Weight Watchers, counting calories. I've also notcied I've only lost weight on the SB diet. With not many carbs but lots of veggies and protein. I'm thinking my body doesn't handle carbs that well. So back on Sb I go for life now. And my husband is joining me as Sb is the only diet he has lost on as well. As soon as we add bread and pasta back in even Whole wheat we gain. Anyways I'm back and ready to lose this weight that is left.
  • welcome back Ally It's good to see you again - keep checking in to let us know how it goes.
  • Welcome back! Stick with it, and it will stick with you.
  • Welcome back! Sometimes it's just a matter of kicking out a trigger food (like sugar, caffeine and flour based foods are for me) Anyways it sounds like you have a better idea of what you need to avoid, so I'm sure you'll power through. Hang in there!
  • welcome back, and good luck!
  • Thanks ladies. It is good to be back.
  • Welcome back! Figuring out foods that are no-no's for you is a huge step. Keep it up!
  • Welcome back, and congrats on deciding to take charge of your life!
  • Thanks ladies. It took me forever to figure out no no foods.
  • Hi Ally! So glad you decided to come back to us. I love Southbeach, too. Its also the only plan that works for me and that Hubby will do with me. I've noticed that I can't eat more than 2 fruits a day...and they must be low glycemic ones....and I can't eat more than 2 whole grains a day. If I eat more fruits or whole grains, my weight loss stalls or I may gain. I'm glad that you've found what works for you. I look forward to watching your progress to a slender healthy you!
  • Hi Ally, I'm a beacher too. Although on the beach you can have up to 3 servings of whole grain prods/day and 2 -3 fruits, I find things go the best for me when I have 1 or 2 grains/day and 1 fruit (usually berries, grapes, oranges, or apples). There is a recipe area with lots of great SB recipes down in the SB part of the forum that you might want to check out too.
  • Welcome back!!!
  • Welcome back and good luck!
  • GirlyGirlSebas~ Nice to see other beachers here. I know the Phase 1 is gonna be hard but I can do it.

Schmoodle~ Thanks I will check it out. I'm worried I might not be able to eat bread the WW kind or fruit. Seems every time I do I gain no matter what. As long as I'm on phase 1 I do great.

Thanks ladies for the welcome back.
  • Welcome back! I also started on SB initially and really liked it. I eventually started counting calories instead but I still try to eat according to the SB principles. It seems like such a reasonable way to eat and something you can really stick with longterm.