Ped-o-meter-from-****! Where do you get yours?

• I am sick to death of having to buy pedometers because the batteries run dead. I want accuracy and longevity. I love challenging myself daily with them, but they can't keep up with me while I get rid of my 100lbs of baggage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what brands are best? Where do you get yours and why do you like or dislike it?
  • mine is an accusplit eagle. they are pretty good. I bought it on ebay for around $15.00

However, I haven't worn it for about 3 months (it fell behind my bed, and I just found it). I've been wearing it for 3 days, and I did a little test on accuracy, and it seems off. I walked 20 steps and it said 25 or 27. I did it about 3x. This upset me because it was always very accurate before. maybe it needs a new battery?
  • i got a crappy one with an adult happy meal at mcdonalds 3 years ago and the batteries are still going strong LOL go figure! it's probably not super accurate tho, you can only program height/weight, not actual stride etc.
  • I'm on the hunt for a pedometer, too. I don't currently have one but I found one on Amazon. And it has really good reviews. I'll PM you the link, dunno if putting a link up is allowed. But I am definitely getting that one based on all the raves.
  • I bought a stupid one from a dollar store for $5. I guess that is what I get for buying a cheap one. Let me explain just how stupid it is. I set it to my height, weight, and stride. So I walked around my house and counted the steps. I did 25 steps. It said 3 on the pedometer. STUPID!!!!! Now I am a little afraid to buy one. I dont want one with alot of bells and whistles. I just want one that counts my steps accurately but I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on it.....