Ear Stapling?

• I cannot believe that I am even going to ask, but has anyone had this done? Everything that I see, is "My friend" or "my cousin", any first hand testimonials?
    Desperate in Dallas
  • I searched Stapling in the Does it Work forum and found 3 results:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=1636173

The overall consensus was - no.

I definitely understand the feelings of desperation, but if you read a lot of success stories on this site from maintainers, they sound eerily similar - eat more healthy foods, eat less junk, exercise. On one hand, it's easy. Everyone knows that an apple is a good snack. On the other hand, it's very very difficult. An apple is a good snack, if you have one handy when you need a snack.

Actually making the leap from "knowing how to lose weight" to "changing my life to accomodate all the planning/packing/cooking necessary to lose weight" was the biggest mental barrier. In my experience, you can't eat healthy by accident.

Good luck!
  • Ooops, search results expire after 1 hour, so she may not be able to get anything from that link. I agree, though, there were plenty of first hand testimonials that said it didn't work. I'm pretty sure there was a recent federal warning about this, but can't recall the details. I'll look into that.

Btw, this thread might be helpful
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69403
  • Thanks for the link. I did try to seach this forum, but I kept getting an error, and after scanning about 20 pages of threads, I just decided to start a new one.
  • HAHA
    I can't believe I'll admit this but I did the ear stapling. Any attempt at weight loss I'll try. ALLI is my current gimmick... But anyway, ear stappling was a 60 dollar waste of money and discomfort.
    Save your money.
  • I had my ear stapled a couple of years ago. The doctor was a chiropractor in Weatherford...I see you are in Dallas. It cost $55 for one ear and it didn't hurt too much at first, it gave me a headache though.

I don't think that it worked. I kept it in for 2 months and then I painfully removed it (remover supplied at stapling) and my ear was infected at that point.

I would say don't do it!