Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 11/26/07

You're on Page 6 of 14
Go to
  • Hi ladies,
    My sister one last time told me about this site. Hope you don't mind if I join in! My daughter is the neice OLT told you about. The bad news is that her cancer has relapsed for the second time so now she can have another stem cell transplant but from a donor this time. Her bone marrow is still clear however w/no disease. We are all just taking one day at a time and doing the best we can. We have many friends and neighbors who look out forn us and I would like to include you all in that group.
    I need to lose about 100# total along w/my husband. We have decided that if Heather can go through these treatments again that we can at least lose some weight to be around a lot longer for her and our other daughter.
    I actually looked up this site again on Dec 1 and talked to my sister about getting back on. Since then I have lost 2#, not much but a loss none the less. You guys keep up the good work and thank-you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sherri
  • hi sherri! good to have you. i hope we can help you get through all this. i think it's great that you want to be healthy for your kids. whatever you do, don't be like me when i stop logging on and stop reaching out to friends because i'm frustrated or feeling low. that's when we need each other most!

well ladies, i went to McD's last night because my whole family went to see the christmas lights at the zoo, and we hadn't planned ahead for dinner. oh well. i did get an hour and a half of walking in at the zoo though, so that helps just a bit. i'm feeling a bit more optimistic but not totally confidant that i can stick with this. i'm working on my attitude. i think i need to stop getting on that damn scale everyday LOL
  • Quote: Hi ladies,
    I need to lose about 100# total along w/my husband.
    Sherri
    Welcome. Not sure which will be easier to lose. The 100lbs or the husband lol.

Sorry all I have been gone for a couple of days. Things are pretty much back to normal. Have everything caught up, doing laundry now. Everyone is fed and in bed. Been a long weekend for everyone and I am the only one in the house NOT sick lol. I am the one we all worry about getting sick.
  • where is everyone? has our little group died?
  • Countrygirl
    I have wondered the same thing.
  • I've missed you girls :(
    well I haven't been on in almost 3 weeks or so
    I've been ashamed after thanks giving i totally blew my diet
    I went on carb overload
    its really bad
    so I decided to go on wait watchers
    only problem is Im completely broke
    my boy friend has a palm pilot and sed he'll give it to me
    i guess there this wait watchers program for it
    so im trying to look on line to find a free download
    i googled it earlier but i cant find the page agin
    if any of you know where i can find it let me know
    I've done weight watchers before and I liked it
    I love adkins but I just couldnt do it anymore
    well I will talk to you lady's latter hope you are all doing well on you weight loss
  • sarah
    You need to stop in more often. We are happy to chat even if you don't have any great news to tell. Don't you worry, you will get back on track and the weight will start coming off again.
  • thank you shy moment
    i will come back more often I miss it here
  • Everyone needs to take a little time for them selfs each day. Maybe coming here and chatting for a few min each day is the time everyone can put aside for them selfs. I miss not coming here if I am away for the weekend. I need all of you for the encouragement and the friendship you give.
  • Hey everyone,

I'm really upset... I was only 1 pound away from my mini-goal so I thought I would have a little treat, and the treat ended up being 1 1/2 weeks of treats and now I've gained 4 pounds! I didn't even know I could gain four pounds that quickly. I have my last final tomorrow and then I'm driving home so hopefully once the stress is over I'll be able to focus on dieting again. I hope things are going better for everyone else.

Dee
  • tigger175
    I totaly understand
    My treat was thanksgiving and that messed me up too
    I have been eating bad for weeks
    infact, I barly starting a new diet today
    as far as those 4 lbs I wouldnt worry about it I gained 5lbs the fist week
    but it all even out its more like water wait not true lbs
    I did gain about 2 lbs but i have been eating whatever i want since thanks giving
    anyway good luck
    you can do this!!!!
  • Hi ladies,
    Salsa Sarah-don't fret too much with everyone's support you can get back on the wagon and lose those nasty four pounds.
    Thanks for all your support, sorry I haven't been on since my first entry last Friday. This week has been really crazy. The only day I worked was Monday as my daughter had a biopsy on Tuesday on a lymph node in her neck and on Wednesday she saw the spine doctor tht did her spinal surgery and wasn't feeling real well. When I called her oncology NP she said to bring her right over. It ended up she was admitted to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY. Started her on the next round of chemo to get ready for a stem cell transplant. This time from a donor. She already had one in August which worked for a while, now she needs one from a donor. She also has to have total body irradiation this time. She never had to have radiation before. Thanks for letting me talk it really feels good to tell others. Hope I wasn't too crazy. I haven't weighed myself yet, I usually do on Saturdays. Talk to ya soon.
    Sherri
  • nrs
    I hope things go well for your daughter. You just talk away if it helps. We are here to talk to about more than just weight loss. Everything in our lives can effect our weight. Getting things off ones chest sometimes can make us put things into perspective and relieve a bit of stress. Keep us posted. Take a few min for yourself, you have a lot going.

Sarah
    Come on girl, it is time to get back on the wagon and stop walking beside it. Little changes each day are what it takes to get things going in the right direction again.

tigger
    Now a treat is a candy bar not a trip to the candy factory for all the free samples. lol You just take a deep breath, throw out all that stuff you have left in the house and get back on track. I know you can do it. You will feel so much better about yourself.
  • hey ladies! i'm glad our group has revived just a bit. i haven't been online cuz i'm visiting my boyfriend out of town. i was thinking maybe i would go to the Intro forum and invite some more newbies to join sexychicks. that's where we all got together in the first place.

hey sarah - i know what you mean about feeling ashamed. i do the same thing. i hate to get on here and confess about my binges. i've been having a hard time with my eating habits lately and haven't been on the site much. but the thing is, when we're not doing as well as we'd like, that's when we need each other most!

shy - you're right that coming here and taking time to chat with our friends can help. i know it helps me. when i start slacking, if i avoid coming here it just gets worse.

tigger - i've done that a few times (overeating one day, and then the next day...). but it usually turns out that the weight i gain is water weight from the soduim in all the crap i'm eating, and not drinking water like i should. so just get back on the wagon. i bet you'll drop those 4 pounds pretty quick. and if you don't, it's ok. just keep going, slow and steady.

nrsldy - hang in there.
  • Hey everyone,

Thanks for your support! It really helped me get remotivated. I cleaned out the kitchen and am eating healthy again. It just snowed several inches here today so tomorrow I'll get some exercise shoveling the sidewalk.

So what type of diet is everyone on?

Dee