Nurse Practioner's Orders!!

• Hello Everyone,

I have been gone quite awhile and have never been successful at any form of weight management. On Wednesday of this week I had an appointment with my new nurse practioner,Mary. She is kind, caring, understanding and firm. She looked me right in the eye and told me she wanted me to enjoy Thanksgiving Day and then get a copy of South Beach and read it and follow it. ( I didn't tell her I already had a copy.) I just said " I can do that!", knowing with her blessings and the support of the "Chicks" I CAN DO IT!

She cut me no slack and scheduled a follow up for January 2, 2008!

I would definitely say it is time to "walk the walk"!!

Looking forward to daily chats on the beach and catching up with new and old beach buddies.

wanda
  • WELCOME BACK, ACTIVE! I remember you, and am happy that you're joining us again.
  • Welcome Back, read the book and follow your NP Orders. You can do it.
  • I remember you! Welcome back. Make sure you check the updated food lists in the FAQ section as some things have changed since the book.
  • Hi Active,

I'm new here this week so I haven't met you before, but I tell you this group of ladies have been terrific at helping me get started and they even help motivate me. Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Hi Wanda! Sounds like you have a great attitude to get started! I'm sure, with your username, that you'll be posting in the exercise challenge as well!!!

Kara

• Welcome back!

You and I have the same reasons for living this way of life - nothing quite as mositvational as dcotors orders?!? I have been very pleased with the results over the past year - inside and out. Good luck - and remember if you can follow SB during the holidays, the rest of the year is easier!