Metabolic Research Center - Take VI!

You're on Page 23 of 41
Go to
  • Quote: Okay. So I go to weigh in today and have lost 3 pounds and I'm now on the green menu. I've graduated! I put on a blouse today that I've had to wear as a jacket all last year because it wouldn't button over my belly and, guess what! Today it's back to being a comfortable blouse!
    Wow, that's awesome!!!!! Woohooo!!
  • Quote: I must be wearing something today that is making people take notice- three people at work have commented on my losing weight today. That is the most I 've heard! What a great day!
    Congratulations to you!!!! I bet you look great and doesn't it make you feel wonderful that people are noticing!
  • Quote: Okay. So I go to weigh in today and have lost 3 pounds and I'm now on the green menu. I've graduated! I put on a blouse today that I've had to wear as a jacket all last year because it wouldn't button over my belly and, guess what! Today it's back to being a comfortable blouse!
    NAMASTE: doesn't it feel good when the funky moods level out? Mine is slowly pulling out of the basement (this morning's WI helped). And isn't it something when you get through those times without eating everything in sight? (My own old M.O.).
    Keep up the good stuff, guys. You mean the world to me.
    HECK YEAH!!!! Great job!!! You are kicking much butt! And a comfortable shirt too! NICE! Keep it up!!!!!
    And, yes.... it does feel great to be back to myself again.
  • Quote: I haven't been able to weigh in this week yet, so not sure if I've hit the 30 pound mark. I've been super busy at work. I should be able to get in tomorrow.
    Just wanted to share a moment with you all. I had to pull out my driver's license for a purchase and realized that I now weigh less than what is stated on my license! That made me feel good. I am also pretty sure that I weighed 10 pounds more than the stated weight when I got the picture taken...so !!!!
    Great job everyone!
    I bet you're there! Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow after you're WI!
    Great DL moment for you! Congrats!
  • Quote: Sorry NAMASTE i got your screen name way wrong..lol
    I have not put in my contacts this morning!
    No biggie girl, it's not a problem for me! I knew who you were talkin' to!
  • Quote: namaste - think how big your loss would have been if you haven't been bloated!! Welcome to the give and take of weight loss...little losses eventually lead to bigger losses. I'm glad your spirits are lifted and you had a good WI...keep us posted about that 30lb board!! (that was the first board I got really excited about...for some reason 30lbs sounded like a HUGE amount of weight to have lost in such a short amount of time). I'm excited for you.
    Ok...my before picture is now in my profile (click the chick). I have no idea what I weighed at that particular moment. It was taken in March of 2006...a little more than a year before I started program and I'm sure I weighed more when I started, but its close enough. This picture was on our Christmas Card last year from when we were in San Fransisco, so when we get out new picture taken for our card this year, I'll post that...probably in a week or so.
    I can't wait for Friday, and I just know I'm going to be signing that 30lb board! I just know it! Thank you for the motivation! I'm really excited about it also, it is a HUGE amount and I just didn't think I'd be there so soon!

Ok, I clicked the chick.... Aren't you a cutie! It's so cool to see everyone's pic's. I hope you all don't think I look like a big orange cat?! I can't wait to see you're current photo after your HUGE loss!
  • MOLIVER: How does one start a forum? Would that mean that we wouldn't have to keep switching threads?
  • Quote: Wi tonight-- had to wait 25 min. to get in...ughhhh. Our center is growing so fast, they are having a hard time keeping up. I did lose 3.5-- that is a week's worth. i was happy with that loss. I may cut my wi to one a week, I cannot afford to wait that long every time.

Congratulations!!!!! Great loss!!!!
  • Hi ladies so this morning i went in to another center and was treated sooo well i spoke with a ladie named sharon who was very nice she explained everything in DETAIL i did not have to ask almost any questions and she saved me $100 !! I was so happy she even gave me 6 weeks FREE for signing up today! She also explained every supplement one by one and get this she said i could by them from mrs if i wished if not i could by them anywhere i was so impressed. She was not pushy at all she let me make all my own choices and did not question me at all! Needless to say i SIgned Up!! I am offecially on plan starting tomm. I will start the pre-conditioning phase tomm and on the 14th i will go to the first class where they then will give me a food plan. So my questions to all of you are what supplements work best for you? Which ones do you recommend / i did buy the mrc-6.Also she said after the pre-conditioning the menu would get more strict does this mean everything will be cut out of the menu i have now? I ask because i want to go shopping but not buy more then i need! I really appreciate all of your support i am so happy i have found you all !! Diana
  • Oh i almost forgot can someone tell me how to post my pic?
  • Diana, I am so glad you found a center that works for you. I am sorry that first center was so pushy, as you can see, they are not all like that! As for vitamins/supplements, I take flax, hoodia, b6 b12 folic (the combo bottle from MRC), and a good multivitamin and of course the HNS drinks, sometimes I do liquid minerals, but that is it.
    As for the pre conditioning menu...buy sparingly, just enough for the week. Your menu will change depending on what menu you will start on.
  • Diana - To post a picture, go to user CP at the top of the page and click on edit profile picture on the side bar. Then all you do is select the picture you want and add it. I had to crop mine a couple times...thats why Hubby isn't in it...or the Golden Gate Bridge...just me. It's pretty easy, but let me know if you have more trouble.

namaste - I very much doubt that you look like Garfield

I'll go ahead and ask about getting a forum started for us...doesn't hurt to ask, right?
  • A Forum for MRC
    All right, I checked into getting us a forum and I figured I'd read the FAQ before I just up and asked about it. Here is what I found....

Quote:
    How can I get my own forum?

We've had several requests for more forums recently. At this time, we are not adding anymore forums. In fact, we are downsizing a little. A lot of members have said that our extensive list of forum is somewhat confusing and they would prefer fewer forums to make it easier to use. Therefore, we do not plan to add more forums right now. We may, in the future, add more forums for large groups that have stood the test of time.

Most of our forums support dedicated threads for groups or topics, and that is the best route to take right now.
    After reading that, I emailed the moderator that set that message up with this comment...

Quote:
    Suzanne, I read the post about the fact that you're not accepting requests for new forums at this time. And I completely understand that. I just wanted to let you know that once you're accepting new ones, there is a group of us that are on the Metabolic Research Center Plan that would love to see a forum started for us. Currently we begin a new page every month in the General Diet Plans forum, which works well and we are thankful to have it, but we'd love to have place that we won't outgrow so quickly.

Thanks for all you do!
    Samantha
    Hope that sounds good...I just kinda decided to speak for all of us. I doubt you'll mind. I'll let you know if I get a responce from her. Until then, we can chill out here in the General Diet forum
  • Quote: Hi ladies so this morning i went in to another center and was treated sooo well i spoke with a ladie named sharon who was very nice she explained everything in DETAIL i did not have to ask almost any questions and she saved me $100 !! I was so happy she even gave me 6 weeks FREE for signing up today! She also explained every supplement one by one and get this she said i could by them from mrs if i wished if not i could by them anywhere i was so impressed. She was not pushy at all she let me make all my own choices and did not question me at all! Needless to say i SIgned Up!! I am offecially on plan starting tomm. I will start the pre-conditioning phase tomm and on the 14th i will go to the first class where they then will give me a food plan. So my questions to all of you are what supplements work best for you? Which ones do you recommend / i did buy the mrc-6.Also she said after the pre-conditioning the menu would get more strict does this mean everything will be cut out of the menu i have now? I ask because i want to go shopping but not buy more then i need! I really appreciate all of your support i am so happy i have found you all !! Diana
    When are you going in for your food plan explanation? Our center has them on Friday's so if you are going this Friday, only buy enough food for that amount of time. Alot of what I had on preconditioning I was not allowed to have on my menu, so depending on the menu they give you, you don't know what you need. So my suggestion is going to the store for this week then going back once you get your regular menu.

Congrats on joining!! I hope you told them about the other center and them being so rude.

And...I take Flax, a multi-vitamin, MSM, Chromium, 5 HTP, and MRC-6 (I think that is all --seems like alot.

Again, congrats!!
  • tHanks step i am excited i have a question for you how did you put your pic by your name i did the profile one but i was wanting it to show next to my name when i post.. can you help