Metabolic Research Center - Take VI!

You're on Page 20 of 41
Go to
  • I would just tell them the truth-- you have been chatting on line with other MRC clients. Then I would leave it at that and see how they respond. If she has a problem with that, I would ask to talk with someone else. I really try to avoid confrontation when possible, but there shouldn't be this much discrepancy in the program at different centers.
  • Quote: Thanks goal 4 life i will do that if you dont mind me askinf how long have you been on plan? what supplements do you take? have you lost any inches? I am excited about joing tonight hopfully they make my experiance a good one i hate when people get too pushy...lol i really need to do this and i am ! By the way will they give me a list of foods to buy? They also mentioned that i would be doing a cleansing phase befor i start what exactly is this ?
    I have been on plan since Oct 22nd to date I have lost 27.5 pounds, that is 42 days on plan! I have lost (since my last measurement about 1 1/2 weeks ago) I have lost 24.5 inches! I have gone down about 1 full pant size. It is totally amazing! If you stick to plan, and know that this is a lifestyle and not a diet, you will do great. This is something you need to be ready for. It does cost a bit, but you know, I have never been so committed to a diet or food plan before in my life. I think the combination of support, accountablility, results, cost, and drive, are really helping me change.
    Can I ask what center you are going to? The 'cleansing phase' is actually called pre-conditioning. It really is just under a week of just getting your body prepared for the food change. You will try to cut out caffeine, and other food items during that phase. Then you will get your new menu to follow for the plan.
  • Meemo: Tell me more about the flax- I only take the Total Woman- they have never tried to get me to take more flax, should I be?? I also use the liquid minerals, but that is all, I bought my mulitvitamin at the drug store. You are just a wealth of information!! Thank you!
  • Quote: I would just tell them the truth-- you have been chatting on line with other MRC clients. Then I would leave it at that and see how they respond. If she has a problem with that, I would ask to talk with someone else. I really try to avoid confrontation when possible, but there shouldn't be this much discrepancy in the program at different centers.
    I agree, the truth is always best, but I know sometimes, we wish to keep things more anonomyus, just was an option that I quickly thought of for her..hey we are all friends in the same MRC boat here, and we more than likely are out of state so not really that much of a stretch. LOL
    Yes the discrepancy does make me wonder sometimes. I wonder if some centers "preach" certain products because the truly believe in them? While other centers might see better results in another supplement combination? Just a thought. My contract does say that Flax is mandatory, and of course the HNS drinks. However, my center doesn't mind my buying Flax and Hoodia from other retailers.
  • OH, this might help some of the newer folks like me, I tried the concentrates for the first time today. I have been only purchasing the powder HNS's. Wow what an amazing taste difference. Now, I just wish they had all the flavors in the concentrates! It says to use 5 ounces of water, but boy was it sweet, I think I ended up using 8 ounces, but it tastes great!
  • Oh, I wrote that before I saw your reply- I think you are right, we are all friends, it is not a lie and probably a better approach.
  • Funny- I like the powders better-- I think they have a little more zing and there is something about how thick the concentrates are that turns me off. To each his own!
  • You know, I read the ingrediants on both the concentrate and powder boxes, you would think they would be pretty similar, but not at all! Weird. I always have a problem getting my powders to not be so lumpy, unless I am using a water bottle. But, I don't always have quick access to a bottled water. So I think I will use the powder flavors that don't come in concentrates for my bottles, and use the concentrates when mixing in a glass. Blah blah blah, I know I am rambling today. I am soo bored, I keep just coming back to the thread. Ok, let me go find something to occupy my time.
    Oh, I feel trapped in the house, there is a GI-Normous lizard hanging out on my front door, and I am afraid when I open it, he is going to run in my house I think I am going to go out of the garage door, broom in hand, and try to relocate him somewhere other than my door.
  • Quote: Meemo: Tell me more about the flax- I only take the Total Woman- they have never tried to get me to take more flax, should I be?? I also use the liquid minerals, but that is all, I bought my mulitvitamin at the drug store. You are just a wealth of information!! Thank you!
    When I signed up they suggested taking either 3 flax capsules with each meal or 2 flax & 1 Total Woman with each meal. I took the Total woman for awhile, then went with 3 flax & didn't see much difference. These days I take 2 flax instead of 3 since I a little more fat allowed with the maintenance menu.
  • goal - Lizards on your door?? What kind of crazy Christmas decorations do you all have in GA? Seriously...thats kinda weird...we get some creepy spiders here, but not lizards.

This is directed at no on in particular and is just my opinion
    I've told my center about our wonderful forum here and the manager is supportive. She knows I've been on plan long enough to kinda get the feel of what I need to know so I'm thinking she doesn't care at all that I do this...plus, she's not my Momma! (Laura, if you're reading this, I'll see you Wed. ) They aren't in total control of your life. I tell her about recipes and ideas I get from here all the time. She even recommended this site to another client. I'm all for the honesty with the center. That being said, it can be confusing to get started, but we need to be aware that the only things required are a daily multi-vitamin (that i buy at Walmart), the HNS (which I buy at the center) and an oil supplement (flax or fish, which I buy from the center b/c its not that much more expensive and it's more convenient for me). Thats it. Anything else is extra and while probably beneficial, definately not required. The reps at the center make their commission on pills (not HNS) so don't let them tell you that you HAVE to buy something...that means..."You have to buy this so I can get my kid his Wii for Christmas". Feel free to buy whatever you want from other places...shoot...order the HNS online if you want. It'll cost you more that way with shipping costs, but thats your option if you want to do it. The good reps are not there to sell you pills, they are there to help you successfully lose weight. If you feel like they are pushing you all the time, ask for a different rep. If you can't do that, then call the manager and tell him/her about it...annonomously if you want. If the manager is the problem, ask for their boss. You're paying these people a TON of money...get the most out of it. Don't let people take advantage of you...(this goes for all sales people, not just MRC).
  • Quote: Yes the discrepancy does make me wonder sometimes. I wonder if some centers "preach" certain products because the truly believe in them? While other centers might see better results in another supplement combination? Just a thought. My contract does say that Flax is mandatory, and of course the HNS drinks. However, my center doesn't mind my buying Flax and Hoodia from other retailers.
    I do think there's some input from managers & even the individual counselors - if they've all been on the plan themselves they'll probably tend to advise what's worked for them.
    I just checked my contract (from April 2006), all it specifically required was the HNS from MRC - it had a vague reference to "vitamin supplements as required".
    One thing I did notice - it lists "exercise as advised" as a requirement.
  • Quote: Funny- I like the powders better-- I think they have a little more zing and there is something about how thick the concentrates are that turns me off. To each his own!
    I agree with you - I like the powders better too - nice that there's the option of both, eh?
  • Quote: I always have a problem getting my powders to not be so lumpy, unless I am using a water bottle. But, I don't always have quick access to a bottled water.
    Best thing ever for mixing the powdered mixes - I have an ancient one, but these are on sale half price I noticed!
    http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/...ow_item_detail

Well, poo - I see that the link doesn't work - but it's called a Mini Quick Shake® Container - has ounce measurement lines on the side & everything.
  • Hvnly... We are in Southern GA, so we have similar 'tropical' animals as Florida. It was pretty warm over the weekend, and we dropped in temperature last night, I think the little guy was enjoying the warmth of my pine wreath on the front door. That seemed to be his spot of choice.
    Also, nicely put Hvnly on the counselors being a little 'over zealous'. I love the ladies at my center, they have always been so helpful. I don't know what I would have done if they weren't. Probably not joined MRC. They all are so wonderful! You always have a way with words here.
    Meemo..you are right, we all like different tastes and textures..glad we all have a choice. I just really liked those concentrates, I was leary of them at first, so I was kinda excited about the good taste LOL
  • Quote: Best thing ever for mixing the powdered mixes - I have an ancient one, but these are on sale half price I noticed!
    http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/...ow_item_detail

Well, poo - I see that the link doesn't work - but it's called a Mini Quick ShakeŽ Container - has ounce measurement lines on the side & everything.
    That sounds great, I am going to have to look that one up!