First Time Out To Dinner....sigh...I made it!

• Well, I did it.....I went out to dinner for the first time since starting my weight loss journey. I changed my eating lifestyle about a month ago and things have been going really well. I've only lost 9lbs. so far, but I've been on Prednisone the past few weeks and I knew it would slow my weight loss down. I feel better than I have in YEARS! Just the diet change alone took away my headaches, lethargy,depression and overall Blah feeling. I've found myself calling friends more and last night I went out to dinner with 2 of my neighbors. I usually would decline the invite because I always feel so crappy about myself..and normally would make up an excuse. This time I looked forward to it. I put on a pair of jeans that were tight before, and now fit perfectly...a new top...fixed my hair and makeup......and I felt GREAT!! Can you believe it? We went to a local restaurant and I ordered the only chicken dish they had. It was a chicken breast stuffed with asiago cheese served over risotto and asparagus. I also had a salad with vinagrette dressing. I ate the chicken breast and the asparagus and had a few bites of the risotto. Overall, I felt good leaving some of my meal uneaten on my plate. I have NEVER done that before. As far as drinks go...I had 2... a cosmo and a corona. Overall, I felt really good...I had a great time, lot's of laughs and great conversation. Today I am back to my healthy eating plan, and I have no guilt about what I ate and drank last night. In the past I would have felt guilty about "cheating". Now I don't feel that way. I plan on making healthy eating a lifestyle change, not a diet that makes me feel bad about myself. I plan on making a night like this once a month as a treat from now on. It felt so good to just get ready and actually look forward to going.

I guess I just had to tell someone my feelings...thanks for listening....I love you guys!
  • that's awesome...good for you. Doesn't it feel great. Keep up the good work. 9lbs in 1 months is GREAT!
  • I second that... 9 pounds in a month is EXCELLENT! I find it kind of crazy when people say they have "only" lost ___x___ pounds in a month. I personally had to push myself very hard to continuously lose at the rate of 8 pounds in a month, so 9 is great!

Good job also for leaving food uneaten on your plate. It will get easier to do and will one day become almost habitual for you.
  • That is really an accomplishment!

9 pounds is very good! I second that!

Good for you for leaving the food you didn't want to eat. I know it's hard for some folks to do that, but better left behind than wearing it on your hips!

Keep going! You're doing great!

Jay
  • The difference this time, is the support of this forum. I read posts religiously on here and take all the knowledge and inspiration and apply it daily.

For anyone who is a lurker like I was...start posting and get to know everyone. It made the difference for me. I feel like I have a huge new group of friends that I can cheer on and who have my back when I need them. Sometimes I just post because it makes me feel better to say it "out loud" so to speak. Like if I put my thoughts into words, they become more powerful or something.

Again, thanks to all of you guys...you motivate me each and every day!
  • Yay!

You did something VERY difficult...faced down restaurant temptation without walking out with regrets. It isn't easy to do!

You earned a dancing produce party!

• Congratulations, as that is an amazing feat to resist temptation like that.

And you're completely correct about support being important. I'm new, too, and I have to say I find everyone inspiring, even those that are struggling.
  • Congratulations, keep up the good work.
  • WTG! 9 pds in a month is so so great! Congratulations!!
    And itīs great that u started going out and stop making up excuses.. I should do the same too..

Keep the good work
  • good for you!
    I had a similar night----first time going out to dinner since I started and I didn't over eat. I ordered heathier items, didn't eat everything, had a beer and still stayed within my plan for the day. Generally when I do out for dinner, I just say 'ah forget it,' and eat way too much. Tonight was fun and such a different kind of experience. It does feel good---your story of your evening was very very familiar to me.

Congrats on the 9 lbs!!!
  • Great job ~ I hope you had a lime with that corona too....I always count it as a serving of fruit