Calories counting.

• Hi all

I have a new diet in which I need to cound my calories.
    I find it very confusing, does any one knows any tool that can help me with that?

Thanks
    Jain.
  • I love www.fitday.com for calorie counting and food diary maintenance...

I find the reports they supply there, (calories burned/nutritional information, etc.) really helpful too.

Best of luck,

Janet
  • fitday.com
    thedailyplate.com

Both websites are free and good for tracking calories eaten and how much you exercise. There is a big database of foods and exercises and you can also customize by adding your own foods / exercises.

Good luck!
  • Jain - FitDay is great. What are you finding confusing? Maybe we can suggest resources that would help with the particular issues you are having.

Kas - to you also!
  • I like fitday,too...but if you want a tool you can carry around with you, get a book like Calorie King calorie counter. Very handy for when you are out and about.

Congratulations on taking the biggest step - research!! Knowledge is a powerful thing.
  • I think fit day is wonderful but I never use their foods. They are never right when you look at the package of what you are eating. Put your own foods and amounts in so you know they are correct. The site is very nice to see how things are broken down, for example if you want to keep an eye on sat fats. I use the site to keep track of what I have eaten for the day. Lets me see at a glance what I still need to eat to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in.
  • Another Fitday fan. I like the PC version which can be purchased on the site. Like Shy, I put in a lot of custom foods. It takes a lot of the "work" out of counting calories once my staples are in the database.

If you need help, post your questions. There are a lot of experienced calorie counters around here. They helped me when I started
  • I dont count calories anymore but spark people is SOOO much better IMO than Fitday. Fitday is kinda generic compared to that site. Has wayyyy more name brands, restaurants and such.
  • FitDay is awesome. As for name brands, go to http://www.dietfacts.com - it has all sorts of brands and restaurants to import.

I just find FitDay to be very easy to navigate, which I like. Plus, it was the first calorie counting site I ever used, so I became attached to it.
  • I used FitDay in the past and recently downloaded the FitDay PC version--and it's completely worth the money, in my opinion. Not only to support the makers of the software, but just to have to program on hand. Plus, it's got some nifty stuff that the free site doesn't have and a different layout.
  • Thanks all
    I think the websites are great,
    I also found some tools that can be helpfull on outyard.com check the
    Health and Diet category there - Mall/Health-Diet,176.aspx there

Thanks
    Jain