NightengaleShane 40lbs down - LOTS of photos

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • What a difference! Your face is so stirking with all the planes and angles. If I had only seen the before pics, I never would have guessed at the real shape of your face. You should definitely get modeling jobs, now.

Your posts are always thoughtful or entertaining, and I have enjoyed your comments as you traveled along your weight loss journey.

Thanks for the inspiration. You are gorgeous!
  • Quote: Wow, you look great!!!

I can really relate because my high weight was around 175 and I am the same height. I hope to get to my goal eventually too, thanks for the inspiration!
    I've maintained my initial loss for a year, but am hoping to start losing again!
    I am thinking south beach, bought the book the other day, did you use any special plan or just calorie counting and exercise?
    Nice! We have the same starting weight and the same goal!

I did not use any special plan. I tried the Fat Smash Diet at first, but it was just so difficult. I followed the detox phase religiously, EXERCISED like a FIEND and STILL only lost ONE POUND. After that, I said TO **** WITH IT and had a weekend of eating steak, pretzels, ice cream, and popcorn... THEN I stepped on the scale and noticed a 6 pound loss and decided I had to continue making good choices so that I would keep losing.

I calorie counted and exercised... a lot. I do some form of exercise every day and exercise for 2 hours, 5 days a week. I started out eating 1,800 calories a day, then going to 1,700, 1,600, 1,500, 1,400, 1,300, 1,200, then stayed at 1,200 for awhile and started upping my calories when I hit a plateau. I started out riding my bike long distances right away, then started running (jogging, really - I did C25K) after I lost around ten pounds. I love running now and have also incorporated stairs into my workout routine for 30-45 minutes twice a week (I would do it more, but I have to go to the stadium and the student athletes are practicing during the week days).

I was and still am VERY diligent about my calorie counting. I make sure to log EVERYTHING I eat into FitDay, regardless of HOW BAD it is for me. I slipped up more times than I could possibly count... THAT is why I could never follow a diet plan. I did have a few guidelines, though: at least 100g protein, less than 25g fat, and 25g fiber.

I've found the biggest thing in weight loss is to be completely honest with yourself without beating yourself up. It's hard, but if you can find the balance, you'll go far.
  • OMG, you don't look like the same person at all!!! And that outfit looks great!!!
  • :woohooo: You are AMAZING Dahling, Simply FAB-ulous! You are beautiful, inside and OUT! Hotness, personified (and ****-o! SEXY, sultry, girlfriend too!).
  • Thanks for sharing your photographs of yourself. Wow what a change in you Shane you look wonderful. Enjoy your success you have earned it.
  • Quote: maalisse - I'll trade arms with you if you have nice abs to trade with me and yes, it DOES feel nice to stop worrying about the scale number and start working on more body-specific things.
    and YOU are GORGEOUS, TOO!
    My abs are still a little too squishy to trade yet, unfortunately, though I'm pleased to have, as someone here once said, a bellybutton that goes "" instead of "". (Hehehehe...) Guess I'll just keep working on my arms, then.

And, shhhh! My ego will hear you!! It's getting a little too big for its britches lately...
  • Wow Shane!!! You look just awesome, dearie!!!! And those cheekbones!
  • Congratulations on your success! Thank you for sharing your story and photos. You really have motivated me to fight this plateau I'm dealing with right now. Good luck with maintaining!
  • Thanks for sharing your diet information. I actually looked at your fitday because I don't know if I just don't make the right food choices or eat too much or what, that's why I bought south beach, to get a better feel for nutrition. I'm eating 1800 a day. I guess its too much food, but I also exercise 1 to 2 hours 5 days a week and I've done my share of running too, and I also have a physical job, so one would think...I would be losing!!!arghhh,

I actually did weigh 135 for a while and my average adult weight was 150. Well hopefully I'll figure it out, oh well. Hey congratulations again, I hope I post pictures one day.
  • Congrats Shane, you look awesome!!
  • Awesome job, girl! You were seriously adorable at your HW, but you truly look like a different person now....slim, fit, toned! Congrats and enjoy those loose jeans!
  • WAY TO GO, SHANE!!!!

I bet you feel as amazing as you look!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • Hey I am sooo proud of you!! You look great!
  • Shane, congrats!

You were cute at HW, but now you look HOTT girl!
  • You look wonderful. I hope I can keep this up.