NightengaleShane 40lbs down - LOTS of photos

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • I'm so surprised at how many comments I'm getting regarding how different I look after 40 pounds. 20 of them were for my health and 20 more were for my vanity

It IS strange to see pics of myself at my HW, but it's even MORE strange to see pics of myself NOW, knowing that I'm fit and healthy I feel like a different person all around, but I'll post more about that with my story (I'm working on the story... hehe)

Quote: You look very attractive and confident.
    Confident, oh yes. Too much sometimes. Despite the vanishing chins, my head has enlarged immensely I've always meant to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your SOCKS

Quote: HOTT NESS!!!

And you stuck with it through thick and thin and FLORIDA!!!!

Jay

My, my, I was SUCH a negative person pre-weight loss. If I found a way to hate something, I was all over hating it. Now, I'm just a happy person who rants often. It's a healthy thing to do

• wow shane
    u look fabulous. well done.
    congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • Shane thank you for posting the pics - I made a start today, I KNOW I can do it, I've done it before, but i seems like a looooooooooong way to goal. Seeing before and after pics really do help - thank you. I'll be keeping an eye out for the story too - see if I can pick up some tips.

And you do look great - not only slimmer but you look younger and happier too.
  • SHANE!!! You made it!!! chica!!! You are looking soooooo fab.

I remember when I joined 3fc this summer you were so kind to me from the start, your presence here is so pleasant and your before and after photos are so inspiring.

You are beautiful, inside and out. Congrats to you, miss!
  • Awww Kim Renee, thank you for your super kind words... if I wasn't already sunburned, you would have made me blush a little

JenJam, damn right you can do it! We all have to start somewhere, right? When I first started posting here, my ticker had not moved yet and I was anxious to get it moving when I saw other people's progress. and if you keep posting here, it will be hard not to lose... you and I had the same amount of weight to lose... if i can do it, you can, too...

Funny how I look happier when in most of the pics, I'm not even smiling
  • I have been struggling for weeks because I was not losing as fast I thought I should be. Have had days I just wanted to give up. Seeing your pictures and reading your story has been an inspiration to me and I'm sure to a lot of others.I know this takes time. Thank you Shane for sharing it has given me a new out look and I appreciate all the wonderful ,supportive 3FC members who encourage and love all of us who are struggling . Thanks again Shane
  • WINK
  • Shane, you look wonderful! Healthy, fit, and slender. Yay!
  • you look maaaaaaahvelous (are you old enough to remember that?)
  • Wow Shane!!!

What an amazing difference!

I'm especially jealous of your muscle tone. Very nice.
  • YAY! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. You and your gf are both so gorgeous!! I wish I had your arms. Trade?

It's amazing how much difference 40 lb can make, isn't it? I'm so happy that you have achieved your goal. I see your next goal is an NSV, which is awesome. It feels good to take the focus off the number and onto the NSV's, doesn't it? (Well, there's always some focus on the number, but I think you catch what I mean!)
  • Congrats Shane-you look wonderful!!!!!!!!

I have always wanted to tell you BTW, that you have the most amazing eyes-no matter what your weight!

Keep up the good work! Congrats on making it to maintenance and goal!
  • ennay - believe it or not, I DO remember "mahhhhvelous" - I guess I'm full of surprises - and thank you.

maalisse - I'll trade arms with you if you have nice abs to trade with me and yes, it DOES feel nice to stop worrying about the scale number and start working on more body-specific things.
    and YOU are GORGEOUS, TOO!

Awww, lostin07, glad I could be an inspiration to you. It's hard getting started because if you're anything like me, you're probably setting difficult goals for yourself and trying really hard to be rational. Weight loss *does* take time, but the knowledge you gain from it and the gradual progression of higher self esteem is alllllll worth it.

Aphil - from what I can tell, YOU have beautiful eyes, as well!

BattleAx and Cats tongue, thank you both and GARY, are you e-flirting with me?
  • congrats i would love taking pic of my goal also enjoy.
  • Wow, you look great!!!

I can really relate because my high weight was around 175 and I am the same height. I hope to get to my goal eventually too, thanks for the inspiration!
    I've maintained my initial loss for a year, but am hoping to start losing again!
    I am thinking south beach, bought the book the other day, did you use any special plan or just calorie counting and exercise?