Food And Exercise Accountability - November 5 - 11

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hmmm. I haven't been here much this week, though it's been not too bad.

B - cheerios w/skim milk, 5 walnut halves, ww toast with smear currant jelly,
    S - 1" square of homemade shortbread...
    L - going out with a visiting friend. I'm planning on soup/salad.
    S - fruit or yogurt
    D - salmon, broccoli, and ?

Exercise: UPWO and cardio
  • Grrrrr. I need a good talking to. I'm RAVENOUS today and I opted to stay and work at home rather than going to the office. In retrospect this might not have been a good idea. I made a giant salad with shrimp to have for lunch today and I'm using half my available mental energy to convince myself that I should indeed eat the salad waiting in the fridge and NOT go into the kitchen and make mac n' cheese from scratch. I've been having the conversation with myself for hours.

It's my period, I think. It must just be around the corner.

Excuse the rant please.
  • Baffled, what I tell myself when I feel like that is "Go eat the salad. If after eating the salad and drinking a big glass of water and waiting half an hour, you are still hungry, then make the mac and cheese." Usually after eating the planned thing I'm not hungry anymore (but not always).
  • Thanks Jessica.

After posting, I decided to kick my own *** and went to get the salad. Enough with the negotiations. I'm eating it now, and actually, it's very tasty. It's not mac n' cheese, but there are croutons in it, which ain't nothing.
  • Yay baffled for eating the salad!

Final count for Thursday:
    S - the candy binge I mentioned before (396), but I did not eat the yogurt (-150)
    S - slice of ww toast (100) w/jelly (40)
    Total: 1610, not too bad considering
    Exercise: 15 min walk on treadmill (3.0-3.3), 15 min elliptical, leg lifts/strengthening, lower back strengthening, pectoral fly (man I suck at this, I wasn't even able to do 2 sets of 10 at the lowest weight!)

Friday so far/plan:
    B - quaker multigrain instant apple cinnamon cereal stuff (150), glass of skim milk (85)
    S - apple (80)
    L - woefully small portion of leftover pasta (180-ish)
    S - orange (60), two yogurts (300 if I eat both)
    D - ...probably leftover chicken (260?) with pasta (197).
    S - half pomegranate (50)
    Total (plan): 1362
    Exercise (plan): 30 mins elliptical, upper back exercises
  • Yesterday was good - I wasnt feeling well so I ended up having breakfast again for dinner. 1707
  • Yesterday was some off, as I ended up having a rueben sandwich for lunch instead of soup/salad, sigh. But the rest of the day was as planned.

Friday
    B - oatmeal w/skim milk, 5 walnut halves, few craisins, ww toast with current jelly
    S - ff latte
    L - chicken oriental salad without the chow mein noodles (this is HUGE salad from our usual Fri lunch restaurant and while it's mostly iceberg lettuce, it has a ton of other veggies)
    S - yogurt? fruit? I have both at work
    D - leftovers: choice of curried chicken or salmon, squash
  • Eating at the campus restaurant doesn't make up for great meals, but at least I didn't go overboard on the portions.

B - 1 apple, 1 small bowl of cereals, 1 yogurt

S - 1 small cereal bar

L - Lettuce, ravioli w/ Swiss cheese (scooped out whatever I could), 1 yogurt

S - A few almonds

D - Green beans, turkey scallop w/ mushrooms and some cream, half a small bread (~20g) + cheese, 1 yogurt.

Exercise: 30 mins biking + popped up my 2 miles WATP DVD to wake me up when I came back from classes. (No kidding, 2 hours of semantics + 3 hours of Japanese IS tiring. )
  • What's been done today (beware, K's Usual Staple Foods ahoy):

B - 2 small tangerines, 1 small bowl of cereals, 1 yogurt

S - 1 medium banana

L - Spaghetti squash w/ tomato sauce, beef (lean part - about 3 oz?), 1 half slice of bread w/ camembert cheese, 1 fat-free fruits yogurt

S - 1 apple

D - 2 eggs, turkey, green beans, a small slice of bread + cheese, 1 yogurt

Exercise: 1 hour weight-lifting
  • Friday updates:
    S - 5 mini candy bars (500), but only one of the yogurts
    D - bigger bowl of pasta than planned, add an extra 197 calories or so. Oh, but I used whole wheat spaghetti at least.
    S - no pomegranate.
    Total: 1859
    Exercise: none.

Saturday:
    B - raisin bran (180) w/skim milk (85)
    S - quesadilla: flour tortilla (120), 1/3 C shredded cheese (150), 1/4 C spinach (2), 2 Tbsp salsa (10)
    L - two bites of turkey (20) w/gravy (15), two bites of cranberry sauce (25), three bites of stuffing (40), one bite of cherry pie (38) (it was a catering sampling day at the supermarket), 1/2 C roasted squash (80), 3/4C green beans (65)
    D - three crackers (45) w/small bit of cheese (25), teeny drop of jam (15), 3 pomegranate seeds each (5), 2 glasses of wine (140), salad (10) with lf dressing (60), pomegranate seeds (8), tomatoes (20), and pecans (20), multigrain pilaf (218), pecan-crusted trout (200), combo of green beans, mushrooms, onions, garlic (100), 2 garlic cheese rolls (300?), half of a small piece of tiramisu (160).
    Total: 2156
    Exercise: does shopping all day and cooking count?

Sunday:
    B (at 11:30am) - 1/3 C (before cooking) oat bran (160) w/brown sugar (22), cinnamon, glass of skim milk (85)
    S - some roasted turkey (53)
    D - leftover pilaf (218), two garlic rolls (300?), leftover trout (200), leftover green beans/onions (100)
    S - chai made w/skim milk (200)
    Total: 1338
    Exercise: none really