What are you listening to @ the gym?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • So for my birthday this past week I received an Ipod nano - I asked for it so that I could have something good to listen to @ the gym. I had a radio - but reception was poor inside the building...and I find that the more up beat the music, the harder I work out. I could use some inspiration on what to put into my playlist....but here is what I got so far....maybe y'all can help - I love all kinds of music - but for this I need something (especially for cardio time) that makes me feel like running like there is no tomorrow!

P.S. this is not my normal music taste...although it is wide...I would normally laugh at some of these songs ... but the beat is great for running.

50Cent - Ayo Technology
    Soulja Boy - Crank That
    Linkin Park - Bleed it out
    T-Pain - Bartender
    Timbaland - The Way I Are
    Rza/Bobby Digital - La Rhumba

Help would be appreciated - I need more music to fill up my time and need something with similar beats to the above. Thanks!
  • I don't really listen to music at the gym! My iPod is full of Podcasts (I listen to 4 weekly: The FitCast; www.thefitcast.com , Livin' La Vida Low Carb; http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/ , Mugglecast; www.mugglecast.com and Car Talk; www.cartalk.com ) and Audio Books. I get the Podcasts off of iTunes (they're free!) and the Audio Books I've obtained through "other" means If you want to do it very legally, you can use a program called Audible to download audiobooks.

Anyway, I've listened to many-a-book on my iPod, and that's my favorite use for it!

Sorry I couldn't help with the music, but if you like audiobooks at all, it is an option! Some people I've talked to about it have said it never occurred to them to listen to audiobooks on their iPods.
  • It all depends on what I'm doing

For cardio it's pop or rap stuff
    Hilary Duff
    Bubba Sparxx
    Carrie Underwood
    Leann Rimes
    etc

For strength training it's more rock hardcore stuff to make me in an angry type of mood to push harder:
    Anything Rob Zombie
    Linkin Park
    Dropkick Murphys
    etc....
  • setember by earth wnd and fre
  • These songs get me totally pumped even though I don't go to the gym:

Kanye West - Good Life
    Baby Bash - Cyclone
    Tpain and Chris Brown - Kiss Kiss
    Tpain - Buy You A Drank
    Kanye West - Stronger
    Nelly - Grillz
    Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
    Huey - Pop Lock and Drop it
    Gym Class Heroes - Clothes Off!
    Baby Boy - This Is The Way We Live
    Ciara - Like A Boy
    Hurricane Chris - Ay Bay Bay
  • Mindless Self Indulgence remixes
    Korn
    Rob Zombie
    CombiChrist
    Emily Autumn remixes
    Linkin park
    Orgy
    Blackeyed Peas
    Zombie Girl
    Leaether Strip

(Are those of which are ALWAYS on my Ipod)
  • Azure - I will definitely check out the books - I never even thought of that....

Also - I most definitely will take somthing from all of your lists - they are most definitely helpful!

On a side note, as of this morning, I'm down to minus 20lbs!! yahoo!
  • I dislike pop/hip hop/rap so I try and keep it off my iPod for the gym and instead listen to some high energy rock. Some of my favourites on my Work Out Playlist:

Arcade Fire - Power Out, Keep the Car Running
    The Holloways - Dancefloor
    Interpol - Length of Love, The Heinrich Maneuver
    Bloc Party - Helicopter, The Once & Future King
    Tokyo Police Club - Nature of the Experiment

They're not for everyone, but they're a great alternative to the typical Top 40 type of stuff.
  • Here are a few that weren't already mentioned:

Black Eyed Peas- Pump It; Let's Get It Started
    Christina Auguliera (sp??) - Fighter
    Dance With Me - Debelah Morgan
    I don't want to be in love - Good Charlotte
    Enter Sandman - Metallica
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Wanna Be a Baller - Li'l Troy
    Dancing Queen - A Teans (or Abba, either one)
  • Depending on my mood I either listen to hard rock or hiphop/dance so right now I have 2 lists I'm switching back and forth between:

Seether - Fake It
    Dope - I Wish I Was The President
    Fallout Boy - This Aint A Scene It's An Arms Race
    Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
    Korn - Twisted Transistor
    Marilyn Manson - You Spin Me Around
    Muse - Map Of The Problematique
    Nine Inch Nails - Bite The Hand That Feeds
    Orgy - Blue Monday
    Seether - Remedy
    Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches
    Rob Zombie - Dragula

Gwen Stefani - Yummy
    Kill Hannah - I Wanna Be A Kennedy
    Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back
    50 Cent - Ayo Technology
    Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
    Kanye West - Stronger
    Nelly Furtado - Man Eater (DJ Gizmo Remix)
    Paul Oakenfold - No Compromise
    Rihanna - Break It Up
    Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disco
    Timbaland - The Way I Are
    Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
    Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank
  • Foo fighters and Incubus. I forget that I'm even running on a treadmill when I'm listening to them
  • I have a curious list of songs on my sansa. They mostly have a fast beat going on (a lot of metal and hard rock), and there are a few oddballs on there of course.

Nightwish - Gethsemane
    Tristania - Tender Trip on Earth
    After Forever - My Pledge of Allegiance part 1
    Breaking Benjamin - Sooner or Later
    Evanescence - Snow White Queen
    Nightwish - The Poet and the Pendulum
    Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful
    Nightwish - 7 Days to the Wolves
    Melissa Etheridge - I'm the Only One
    Aqua - Candyman
    Aqua - My Oh My
    Avril Lavigne - Fall to Pieces
    David Bowie - Golden Years
    Def Leppard - No Matter What
    Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
    Journey - Seperate Ways
    Savage Garden - I Want You
    The Scorpions - Rhythm of Love
    The Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
    The Darkness - I Believe in the Thing Called Love
    Van Halen - Pretty Woman
    Van Halen - Panama
    White Lion - Tell Me
    Sonata Arctica - My Selene
    Nightwish - Last of the Wilds
    AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
    Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
    Bon Jovi - Runaway
    Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
    Spin Doctors - Two Princes
    Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
    Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
    My Ruin - Tainted Love
    Poison - Nothing But a Good Time
  • Quote: I don't really listen to music at the gym! My iPod is full of Podcasts (I listen to 4 weekly: The FitCast; www.thefitcast.com , Livin' La Vida Low Carb; http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/ , Mugglecast; www.mugglecast.com and Car Talk; www.cartalk.com ) and Audio Books. I get the Podcasts off of iTunes (they're free!) and the Audio Books I've obtained through "other" means If you want to do it very legally, you can use a program called Audible to download audiobooks.

Anyway, I've listened to many-a-book on my iPod, and that's my favorite use for it!

Sorry I couldn't help with the music, but if you like audiobooks at all, it is an option! Some people I've talked to about it have said it never occurred to them to listen to audiobooks on their iPods.
    audio books on my ipod, never thought of that. does it cost money to download audiobooks?
  • Quote: audio books on my ipod, never thought of that. does it cost money to download audiobooks?
    It depends on if you're doing it legally or not. I'm not so scrupulous. However, I'm sure that 3FC likely don't appreciate advocating anything that might be considered illegal so *zip*.

That said, there are ways to download audio books that are perfectly legal. There is a site called Audible www.audible.com (I used to use them) that offers a few different packages for book downloads. If you buy an audio book on CD, it's about $50 usually--which is a LOT of money! Audible costs anywhere from $8-$12 per book (depending on which "package" you purchase), which is a lot more reasonable. They have a great selection, too. I used to use Audible, stick the books on my old Mp3 player and listen to them in the car. When I got my iPod, I started listening to audio books ALL the time. Another option is to go to your local library and take out some audio books on CD. If your library doesn't have the one you want, they'll often order it for you from a different library. You can stick the discs into your CD drive on your PC and iTunes can pull the audio tracks off of the CDs, so you can put the files onto your iPod that way,too. It's time consuming, but it's free!

I've listened to:

-- The Hobbit
    -- The Diamond Age, or a Young Ladies' Illustrated Primer
    -- Most of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books
    -- The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
    -- Ursula K. Leguin's Earthsea series
    -- All of Stephen King's Dark Tower books.
    -- The Mallorean and Bellgariad books by David and Leigh Eddings
    -- All of the Harry Potter books

etc. I like fantasy-esque books
  • Shadow Claw!!!! We have similar tastes in music. Rockin' list!!!!