My first meeting today

• Today is my first OA meeting..I'm really nervous about going, but I know I need to..My mom is going with me, so thats a good thing.

I'll post back after I get home Plus todays my 16th birthday..So Im starting my first day on my bday.
  • Jezzeb Happy Birthday!!! What a great present you are giving to yourself!

I will be looking forward to the report about your first meeting.

Best to you,
    patd
  • Cool! My first day of abstinence was two days after my 32nd birthday. Something about birthdays, I guess. Rebirth and all that?

Good luck with your meeting! I hope you really feel the hope and promise that are in meetings.

Oh, and happy birthday!
  • Thanks guys..but my momdon't want to take me today so apparently I'm not going..she told me at 7 o clock this morning we were going and then 10 minutes before time to go she said wait till next week Besides that, I lost my shoes and can only find one of them X_x
  • sorry you misssed the meeting, Jezzeb. Keep coming here and read and post and start working on the food this week and that will help you for the meeting.

patd
  • Hi Jezzeb
    Belated Happy Birthday.
    Well done on your decision – that is such a gift of affirmation to give yourself on your birthday. Being WILLING to let go my addiction to food has been the most challenging but also wonderful experience for me.
    So while I’m sorry it did not work out for you in practical terms, the fact that you were WILLING to go still stands true, and will help you get by until next week.
    Keep close to the forum if you can, that made all the difference to me in the early days, as I was not able to attend a f2f for a while.
    Wishing you well Jezzeb,
  • Happy Birthday Jezzeb!!!
    Oh honey...I know you must be disapointed about not getting to your meeting. Like another poster said, stay one here for lot's of support until you can get to the next meeting. I found so much encouragement just reading and looking at peoples before and after pics. Does OA have any online material you could look at? Maybe you could get a headstart? Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Enjoy your birthday! Oh to be 16 again....yikes.
  • Happy Belated B-day Jezzeb
    I hope you enjoyed your 16th birthday and here's to many more to come!

Again, I want to congratulate you on making the decision to go to an OA meeting. I stepped into my first face-to-face meeting on May 5, 1995. I haven't been attending meetings in person for a long while but today I decided to do something "different". On my lunch break, I attended an online meeting. Maybe, this is something you might want to consider or supplement with your face-to-face meetings. I was nervous since I had never attended an online meeting but I immediately felt at home.

We look forward to hearing from you in days, weeks, months to come!
    Pat yourself on the back for making such a good decision for your self

Welcome!