Looking for a FS diet buddy

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Sudden change
    Hey Shar,
    Oh boy how things change. Last night was not good. I think my problem was that for the first time since starting Phase 1, I was hungry all day and that emotional hunger could not be fed. I'm probably also getting close to the PMS day, so my internal workers are making it harder for me.

I went back and forth all night long. Felt like I used to, where all I wanted to do was sneak out of the house late at night to grab some fast food and a DVD to watch. I read through the book more for some inspiration and ended up making a tuna sandwich. Granted, I'm technically allowed tuna in one more day, but the whole grain wheat bread I'm not supposed to have until Phase 3.

So although I do feel as though I've failed on one level, I do feel as though my splurge was still a smart splurge because I still ate healthy, just not what's on the plan.

Now today I'm not sure what to do. Should I do detox for a few extra days (really REALLY don't want to) or fast forward to Phase 2?
  • exactly!
    That sounds exactly how my day 8 went on Sunday, after it gnawing at me all day Saturday. I'm thinking mine is PMS too but who knows. I just added the one more day to phase 1 but I honestly think, do whatever you have to do so that you are not miserable. If phase 1 has worn out it's welcome, move on to phase 2. Yesterday and today have been the easiest days on phase 1 and maybe that was because of my splurge, I don't know. See how you feel tomorrow. I don't think you want to risk being sick and tired of it though, if it's time for change then go on to phase 2.

That's amazing that you were still able to make a smart choice though. I think that is what this diet is suppose to be teaching us, portion control and choice control. I wish my transgression was more like yours. Congratulations, nice recover on that one.

Let me know what you decide to do. When did food become so controlling? I swear there was a time it when it was playing with friends and riding bikes that was the thrill of the day! Grrrr
  • Back on phase 1 looking to have buddies as well
    Hello all on this thread.

A little back story real quick. I started phase 1 the first time 9-4-07. Did great by 11-21-07 was down 30 pounds. After thanksgiving holiday weekend and lots of cheating I gained 6 lbs (carb overload). Now I jumped back to phase 1 11-27-07. Already have lost 5 pounds. YES!
    I plan to stick in phase 1 for probably 2 weeks, not sure.
    Was reading your posts and would like to say hello to all on this thread, and I'd like to jump in here with you.

Don't see any recent post by you guys, unless I overlooked them.
    How are things going for you jess8, alittlebit, and others ? Sticking with it?

Hope so.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
  • HELLO I''m new nysmasher great job 5lbs

HELLO I.m new here too . I'm going to start phase 1 again MON great job on your loss.I'll be glad when I start losing again. I've been on fat smash before & liked it I don't know how much I lost last time.I need to exercise more & watch portion size.I usually stay on phase 1 longer because I don't miss the meat like some people do,instead of going to phase2 I eat fish or meat when I go out to eat on weekends . I hope we can buddy up with others. I hope this board stays active Let's smash that fat 1lb at a time !! well I'm starting this MON so I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of fat smashers or people like me restarting I don"t want to put it off like some people because of the holidays & if I splurge alittle on Christmas Day I'll start smashing the next day! Happy Smashing!! judy Hope to hear from you all soon
  • Hey Judy. Good luck and welcome.
    I'll be sure to check back soon and see how you are doing. Keep me posted on your progress!
  • NYsmasher I'm starting Phase 1 Mon or tomorrow if we don't go out to eat after church We probably won.t , my husband sometimes stops for a burger but I don't eat.We went to the store today & bought my brown rice& egg whites ect.I'm ready to smash!! are you staying on phase 1 another week ? well keep up the awesome job!!maybe we can buddy up or post often to keep this fat smasher site going & to motivate each other . OH I have a question do you know how many beans is a portion size I don't want to eat too many I have the book but I can't find how much your allowed each day I'm sure there is a limited amount if you can let me know by MON i'd appreciate it very much let me kmow how you're doing often just if it's to say HI! bye Judy
  • Hey Judy

I am sticking on phase 1 until at least dec 8th maybe longer. I would really like to hit my 40lb mark then go to phase 2. So i need to lose 10-11 lbs so I probably will been in phase one for 9 days more at least.

With the beans I also never found any restrictions on the amounts. Me and a friend often wonder the same about beans and the amount.
    I either eat 1/2 can of rinsed beans with my brown rice, peppers, onions, and hot sause.
    OR
    I make a what I guess you can call vegetarian chili. With 3 cans of different types of beans (rinsed well), lots of onions, green peppers, and chili mix (the dry powder kind), and tomato sauce. Throw a little of that in a bowl by itself or on some brown rice, very yummy..

I just try to keep the portions a reasonable size and I've have no problems eating beans while on this diet.

hope that helps.
    Good luck!!
  • Thanks NYSmasher it does help me.I just restarted today the hardest part for me is the exercising like today I got busy doing things at home and didn't exercise so I'll try to make up for it tomorrow I need to schedule my day better so I'm eating small meals thru the day & exercising .Thanks for the reply!!
    Ive posted a few other places but no one replied but you .
    Keep me posted on your progress
    not weighting my self for 10 days is hard for me too I weigh my self everyday
    Have a blessed day/week!! YOUR FELLOW SMASHER!! JUDY
  • Welcome Amorty1978 I just restarted Phase 1 MONI.m new too!Keep me posted it sounds like you did great in Oct so your off to a good start!I know it's hard around the holidays but we'll make it . we are here to support each other Keep posting & Fat Smashing
  • Welcome Amorty and Good Luck!!! Also back in Phase one myself, keep us posted on how you are doing!