California Fires

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • There are several fires here in southern California. Thousands of people have been evacuated....schools are closing right and left....more fires are starting...the winds are increasing....Quallcomm Stadium has opened for people that need a place to go....also many schools.

My family is not in any danger, we are 15 miles from the closest one at the moment and we do not live in a rural area ....although one is burning in the area where my son and daughter in law live, they are not in any danger at this time either....

Prayers for all my San Diego area 3FC friends and their families...be careful in the heavy smoke we are experiencing!

BE SMART ~ BE SAFE! ~ PRAYERS!
  • I was just going to post something! EZ, I am so glad you are safe! I am in South Park and my daughter is very scared that the fire will reach us. I have to reassure her but know that there is no guarantee that anyone is safe. I am scared and praying for all of us. I don't want to go to school or send her. I want to cancel my plans to go to Las Vegas tomorrow at this point.
  • http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sto/cafw/

Such a large area is in "Red Flag" alert!
  • EZ,

I got a call from my mom in Oceanside this morning. She is very worried that the fires will shift toward them. Plus I know how sad a lot of San Diego looked after the last major fire. Hopefully the stupid Santa Anas will disappear and allow the fires to be contained.
  • Yeah I am in Cali too but thankfully not near the fires. I am praying!
  • My daughter's school and my school have been canceled today. It's heard to breathe.
  • I used to live a stone's throw away from Qualcomm. Hopefully the fires will be contained soon. So sad.
  • My Mom called last night to see how we were. Thankfully we have nothing going on in this area, but my Aunt, Uncle and two sets of cousins are very close to the one that jumped the 241 yesterday. I forget what they named that fire.
  • My thoughts and prayers are with all that are threatened by these fires! I'll pray that the winds slow down and they can get them under control before anymore damage is done.
  • I just watched a LEGEND news/weather man in our area, Larry Himmel, report the burning up of his home as he watched...so emotional...so sad.
  • Reports are well over 10,000 acres burning....200,000 people evacuated...entire town of Ramona, 36,000 people evacuated...winds just keep on blowing....still too windy for airplane and helicopter water drops. Getting worse..

Nelie ~ The wind is blowing the fire, closest to your mom, to the south...as of now. She is Not in any danger, as of now.
  • Hi Everyone,
    I'll be praying also - when you watch the news, you just don't see the human impact and the huge area that it all involves. I've never seen nor actually known anyone in those types of wildfires.
    It sort of reminds me of the flooding disasters we have in this area of the country. The flood of '73 let all the schools out to sandbag and the flood of '93 showed a friend of ours home on nationwide TV coming off the foundation and washing away down the swollen Mississippi. They were from Valmeyer, IL and the townspeople actually rebuilt the whole town up on a bluff.
    Prayers with all involved and families and friends.
    Lori
  • THINGS CHANGING FAST ~

My son just called, then my ex-wife's sister...they live in the same area...they are being evaquated....full house tonightt!!

Plus my next door neighbor has about 15 family at his house that have had to leave their's...

look for further up-dates!! wink
  • Now it is 250,000 evaquated
  • It is INSANE.

I have friends/family in the LA and San Diego area, though I live on the Northern side of the state. The Santa Anas are just insane.

My best thoughts to everyone, and for the safety of everyone's family and friends.