chili receipe wanted

• hi!

I am wondering if someone can help me I am looking for a beef chili receipe, does anyone have one that they can share with me and how mcuh perserving with the exchanges??

Thanks
    Stacie
  • There are a few chili recipes in the Main Dishes forum. I've not tried them but they look pretty good.
  • My favorite chilli is:

1# browned buger
    1 lg onion diced
    4 stalks celry diced
    1 lg can stewed tomotoes
    1 lg can v-8 juice
    2 lg cans chili beans drained
    1 lg can dk red kidney beans drained
    2 packets of taco seasoning(i use mild)

add all to a pot and simmer until vegies are done.. serve over fritos or taco chips, add s cream and cheese on top or serve over a piece of corn bread or eat plain as is.. can use turkey burger in place of beef..my family loves this recipe.. enjoy from rosey in alaska
  • Thanks how much per serving and what do we count that as?

Stacie
  • If you try this recipe I recommend using the low sodium V8 and taco seasoning....as well as the kidney and chili beans if you can find them. The LAWL cookbook has a pretty good chicken chili recipe. I don't know it off the top of my head, maybe someone is at home and can look it up for you
  • I tried the Firehouse Chili in the main dishes forum last week. It ended up pretty bland. I put a ton of extra chili powder in to kick it up a little, but that didn't seem to do it. If you make that one and you like your chili spicer, I would add some more peppers (or even a chili!) as well as some Morton Lite Salt. Mine needed the salt too! Good luck!
  • I agree about the firehouse chili. I tried it the other night and felt the same way. But for POP chili it wasn't too bad, all things considered.