33 lbs in 4 months?

• Hello, I'm new in here. Not sure if this goes here...

Well... I am slightly fat. I just feel so ugly, I have gained so much weight this year and I definetely want to loose it. I weight 147 lbs, my goal is 114 so I want to loose 33 lbs.

My question is... do you think I can loose that amount in 4 months?

and also... what diets would you recommend to me?

Thank you so much!
  • Hi Porcelain -

Its really hard to say! So many factors influence rates of weight loss...everything from how close you are to ideal weight for your height to how cleanly you're eating, your activity level, the amount of muscle you have, and sometimes just how cooperative your body feels like being at any given time.

Losing 33 lbs in 4 months is technically possible for sure...at the high end of a "healthy" weight loss rate of 1-2 lbs per week. But given your unique body, metabolism, etc, it might take more time or less time. There is really no way to predict.

The way I see it, though, it matters less HOW MUCH progress you've made in 4 months than the fact that you have made progress. Any effort you put toward acheiving your goal will get you closer than if you hadn't tried at all, right? So regardless of whether you hit your target 4 months or a year from now, you're still moving forward, and that is cause for celebration. Hard-and-fast "I will lose X lbs by X date" goals, for me, actually hurt my weight loss efforts..I'd miss a target or get "behind" on hitting my target, get upset, and eat. Not healthy. So now I try to focus on doing the best I can, every day, and letting my body do what it will.
  • There really is no way on earth to know just how much weight you will lose lose during any given time period.

The only thing that you can directly control, is what you eat and how much activity you do. The "better" you eat, and the more activity you do, the more likely you will get the results you are after - but not necessarily in 4 months time. But do know as long as you are creating a calorie deficit, the weight WILL come off, whether it takes 4 months, 5 months, 6 or longer. In 4 months time, if you stick to a healthy routine, you will be more then on your way to achieving your goals. And hopefully at that point you will be well "into" your new lifestyle and the healthy changes you make can be with your for a lifetime.

As far as what diets to recommend, well that is an individual thing. I mentioned above about a lifestyle change, because in my opinion, "diets", per se don't work. They have a beginning and an end. In order to lose weight, and then keep it off forever we need to find something that we can keep on continuing and DO forever. For me that's the combination of counting calories and eating very healthy, nutritious foods. I find what ever foods I eat, I crave. So in order to cease craving the high caloric foods, I basically elminated all the sugary, "bad" carb-y ones and ADDED in lots of low fat proteins, high fiber cereal, some fruits and tons and tons of vegetables. Now it's actually THOSE foods I crave - a truly miraculous, wonderful thing.

Take a look around the boards. There are many different plans. You need to find one that suits your needs. Something that you can stick with for the long haul.

Good luck to you. I greatly look forward to hearing more from you and all about your successes!!
  • Quote: Hello, I'm new in here. Not sure if this goes here...

Well... I am slightly fat. I just feel so ugly, I have gained so much weight this year and I definetely want to loose it. I weight 147 lbs, my goal is 114 so I want to loose 33 lbs.

My question is... do you think I can loose that amount in 4 months?

and also... what diets would you recommend to me?

Thank you so much!
    Yes, it is doable! I'm much heavier than you, but I've lost 28 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks. I'm loving my plan - and am doing wonderful. I haven't gone off plan once, and I enjoy my food. If you are truly motivated and want to lose the weight - you can do it. I would look at the Medifast Plan and see if it something that interests you. If so, I can be your buddy..haha.. recipes and stuff )
  • yes you can.. i was losing 10+ lbs a month when i started but.. i dont know how it would be with someone as small as you.. maybe the weight loss will be slower? i dont know but from personal experience yes you can lose it.