HI ALL! New from Upstate NY here

• Hello Everyone! My name is Jess, and I live in Upstate NY. I am 21 yrs old, 5'4", and weight about 180lbs (not for sure... need to find a scale) I am not extremely overweight, but I do have lots of jiggle I want to get rid of. My GREAT boyfriend says I looks great, and he doesnt want me to loose weight, but I need to. For several different reasons. 1, I am not happy with myself, always want to cover up with big clothes and coats, and am not comfortable around people, and for 2, I am not healthy. My family has a long history of diabetes, and other health related issues. I NEED to get healthy.

I came here for the support and motivation. I have terrible eating habits (such as not eating ANYTHING all day- I get up and go to work for 3pm, without eating anything before; then eating a two course meal from the time I get home till I go to bed- 8:30pm- Midnight), little exercise, and a false sense of hunger. I hope to be able to get in shape with the help of you guys!

Thanks again for reading this! Let the Exercise and controlled eating beging! Jess F.
  • Welcome Jess! This site has a wealth of support and knowledge that I'm sure you'll find useful. Oh, and the people here are great.
  • Welcome Jess!

You know, eating throughout the day was really key for me in terms of getting my hunger under control. If I don't eat all day, I get RAVENOUS at night, and then eat way more than I need to.

There are lots of wonderful folks here with tons of great advice.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
  • Thankyou both for your welcome!!!! I know I need to start eatign throughout the day; but I not hungry until about 3-4pm; after I am at work. I have no problem going until then with no food; dont even think about it... Then come about 5pm Im hungry, maybe get a snack at work... but when I get home LOOKOUT LoL. Usually I only eat a normal helping when I gethome about 8:30pm.. Ive been telling myself NO FOOD AFTER 9PM... then that way Im not eating directly before I go to bed. But, it seems like as soon as my boyfriend walks out the door for work about 9:45 pm, Im munching on something else, and then something else, then something else. I'll admit, I do not have very good self control!

I am going to try your advice, and make myself eat at least something throughout the day, then maybe have my normal 5pm snack when I get home and maybe that will be enough to satisfy me? I can only hope.

Thankyou again ladies!!! Jess