Vegan chocolate dessert ideas?

• I'm staring at my Vegan cupcakes take over the world book and I'm considering making chocolate cupcakes for an event but I was thinking that maybe I should make something else...

It isn't for me, it doesn't have to be healthy... It is for vegetarians but I'd like it to be vegan, so anyone have any good ideas for chocolate vegan desserts?
  • Chocolate Silk Pie! It is so easy and so good!

12 ounces silken soft tofu for "healthy" version and vegan cream cheese instead for "naughty" version
    12 ounces very good quality vegan chocolate
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 pie crust (graham cracker crust is best, IMO I think it's "Health Valley" brand or you cna make one yourself)

Directions:
    Melt chocolate in double boiler, stirring constantly, then let cool until warm.

Put the tofu (or vegan cream cheese) into food processor, and process until smooth then add the melted chocolate and vanilla, blending again until smooth.

Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for 1 hour, and serve at room temperature.

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
  • That sounds yummy and not that un-healthy! Especially if you use tofu.

As much as I wanted to I didn't buy the cupcakes book, I knew I would be too tempted all the time.
  • It is seriously one of the best desserts ever. I usually use 1/2 tofu and 1/2 vegan cream cheese. It sets up nicely and isn't as "naughty" yet is still 100% drool-worthy.
  • It does look good
  • I made a killer chocolate cake with recipes from VCTOTW. Use the chocolate cupcake recipe, but bake it in an 8" round cake pan for about 40 minutes. Do two or three layers. They don't rise as much as a cake mix would, so three isn't too high.

Make the chocolate mousse recipe and use it to fill in between the layers. Frost the whole thing with the chocolate buttercream frosting, and you've got a triple chocolate cake that is to die for. Or, use the regular buttercream recipe if you want it less chocolately but just as yummy.
  • Soy "pudding"
    Silk Pie = amen. But I'm generally too lazy to do that.

I will however blend in a food processor or blender silken tofu, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and splenda, make it very smooth, and serve it as a "pudding". Then I make it non-vegan by adding whipped cream, but you don't have to.
  • MMM, pudding!

I just made Silk Pie again and it was ridiculously easy. It amazes me each time. Something so easy is so good!

So, I used 12 oz. vegan chocolate chips, (melted in a pot over a pot of boiling water, my makeshift double boiler for only 3 minutes) mixing in 4 T. Caramel Syrup (the kind you put in coffee) and then mixed this with an immersion blender in a stainless steel bowl with 1 box Mori-Nu Silken Organic Firm Tofu, and that is it!
    Then, I poured it into a Arrowhead Mills Organic chocolate pie crust. Prep time is under 10 minutes!

It's in the freezer now, as it will set faster than it does in the refrigerator.

I did the calorie count and nutritional info. on the entire pie.

Here it is:

If you divide the pie into 8 pieces (16 is fine too!), it has 364 calories per slice, 21 grams of fat, 45 grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of protein and 0 cholesterol. Hey, it's a lot of calories but it is so worth it once in a while!