Glennys Brownies/Blondies

• Oh man.. I found these in the supermarket yesterday, they are SO good. Has anyone tried these? It's 100 calories and a ton of fiber for ONE brownie (and its a big brownie!) .. Almost too good to be true...
  • Strange, I just bought one at the supermarket yesterday as well! I'm looking at the nutritional label now and it says 75% organic (thats annoying to me, because 75% organic doesn't mean anything to me at all, not that I care whether or not it is). 7g of fiber doesn'r seem bad. I'll unwrap it later and let you know what I think!
  • the brownie wasn't that big.. it was about 2 inches by 3.5 and about .75 inch thick, approximately ONE serving.. I'd expect that because it comes across as portion control than anything with the 100 calorie label in the front. As for taste? it tastes only a little better than the standard health brownie- better tasting than cardboard but definitely not as good as homemade or duncan hines to be quite truthful. I took about one bite of this and I couldn't finish the rest. Baked "healthier" goods can only taste so good in my opinion. I would give it a 8.5 out of 10 relative to standard "healthier" brownies but it probably falls to a 4 out of 10 when compared to all brownies I've tried before. It was cheap, around 50 cents where I bought it, but I definitely won't buy it again because I think the grainy texture killed my appetite.....
  • Hey, sounds like a dieter's dream if it kills appetite in less than 100 calories!