Whats for Dinner Chickies (2nd week of October)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was so inspired by Creole's post last week with all of the delicious ideas, that I thought I would start one for this week.

Monday night:

Chicken Sage Scallopine
    Summer Squash Casserole
    A GIANT salad

Tuesday

Leftover Chicken Scallopine
    Green Beans
    More salad

Wednesday

Spicy Shredded Pork...with adding some white vinegar to make it North Carolina style bbq.
    Whole wheat tortilla

Thursday

"Fake" Pizza - Turkey pepperoni, Lowfat cheddar cheese/mozzarella, veggies, whole wheat tortilla

Friday

i have no idea - it is our first wedding anniversary, and DH is taking me on a surprise trip to the mountains. i do know we are going horseback riding up there, and i am so excited.
  • I just planned for tonight but doing it for the week is a good idea. I'll come back and edit in the completed week's menu

Mon - Mahi Mahi, peanut sauce, broccoli, tomatoes with pesto, yogurt, raspberries
    Tues. - late supper - meatloaf from my stash, salad, apple and yogurt
    Wed. - taco bake from the stash, green salad, applesauce and yogurt
    Thurs. - pork chop and peppers from the stash, brown rice, green beans, pear
    Fri. - Company - Beer can chicken, some sort of veggies and potatoes for them
    Sat. - Company - roast pork loin, oven veggies, tomatoes

Yes, I'm not cooking this week it seems. So nice to have meals ready to go in the freezer!
  • I kind of go day by day.

Monday:
    Marinated grilled chicken, smothered green beans/w turkey bacon, onions, creole seasoning and salad.
    I also found a recipe for peanut butter and jelly cookies in the quick fix cookbook that I might try.
  • Monday:
    WW Sausage Tortellini w/store-bought pesto
    Hearts of romaine salad w/feta cheese and homemade hot sauce vinaigrette.

Tuesday:
    Cajun blackened salmon
    Red beans and brown rice
    Salad

Wednesday:
    Taco Bake
    Salad

Thursday:
    Subway salad

Friday - Sunday:
    No idea as I'm making a surprise visit to see my Dad & Mom - hope they have extras at dinner those nights!
  • I am not technically doing SBD at the moment but I love to share and I love you all so here I am!

Tonight we're having
    Country Ribs with Barbecue Sauce (I made my own BBQ sauce with tomato juice, peach nectar, and spices. I slow roasted it last night and my DH threatened to hop in the oven and eat it right then).
    Yellow Squash
    Maybe some brown rice

Tomorrow night:
    Easy Baked Salmon
    Whatever kind of peas came from the farm this week
  • Tuesday:
    "leftover" chicken and turkey salad...using leftover grilled turkey and grilled chicken, celery/mayo/seasoning on a bed of mixed greens and tomatoes.
  • I'm doing this week day by day as I haven't had time to make up a menu for the whole week. Tonight's supper is going to be either Chicken Divan or the Chicken Spinach Casserole.
  • My week is insane with meetings or class every night so the meal plan for each night is whatever is grabbed out of the leftovers in the freeze when I get home. Will also throw in some raw veggies with each frozen dish. My meeting is really short tonight so I think I may make some chicken & rice soup to help out for lunches or dinners for the rest of the week.

Jessie - Would you mind sharing your BBQ sauce recipe with me? It sounds wonderful and I never know what spices to put into something like that.
  • My weeks always go better when I've planned ahead. I've got a late start this week, but here's the rest of the week.

Tuesday: Turkey Kielbasa with Sauteed summer squash and salad.
    Wednesday: Beef Stew
    Thursday: Tilapia, Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Salad
    Friday: Quick Chicken Minestrone
  • Fiesta Bean Soup ALL week! Other things I would like to make are:

Stir Fry
    Tortilla Pizza
    Fake Chicken Parmesan
    Pasta with creamy garlic sauce

(Can you tell I'm in the mood for Italian?)
  • Monday: Mexican Chicken Bake
    Tuesday: Left over lunch (bare burrito from Baja Fresh)
    Wednesday: Left over Mexican Chicken
    Thursday: Taco Bake
    Friday: Italian Chicken

All served with Salad =) (I'm on Phase 1)
  • Here's my week plan for dinners
    Yesterday was stuffed beef rolls

Tuesday- Short ribs in the slow cooker
    rice for hubby
    veggie for me
    Salad

Wed- Pot Roast in slow cooker
    Potatoes & Carrots for hubby
    Oh my God size salad for me..:-)

Thursday- Chicken Saltimbocca
    Some type of veggie
    Salad

Friday- Going out with Friends, probably get seafood of some sort

Saturday- haven't decided yet
  • I love these posts, they keep you going to see what other people are eating!
    Sunday: Taco soup
    Monday: Quesadillas
    Tuesday: Wholemeal spaghetti alfredo (skim milk, olive oil, parmesan & fresh pepper. seriously, it's fantastic and only takes 10 minutes.)
    Wednesday: quesadillas
    Thursday: Stirfry
    Friday: Stirfry
    Sat: Chicken fajitas
  • Wed/Thursday:

I ended up making Lasagna yesterday and have leftovers for today. It was simply yummy and I had to restrain myself for going for seconds although skinny husband filled up his plate a second time. I sliced eggplant very thin and roasted it on a baking sheet with evoo and salt/pepper, then used that instead of noodles when layering meat, sauce and cheeses. We both liked the eggplant so much more than noodles!! It was so good!

I didn't have a lot of time, so used some "jar" sauce. I looked through all of the ones at the store and ended up using Emeril's garlic sauce which only had 1 sugar.
  • Just changed tonight's menu to baby bok choy with sesame and soy and shrimp.