EZ Put-It-On-Everything Salsa!

• Sure my skinny family scoops this up with chips, but I put it on EVERYTHING....poached eggs, cottage cheese, grilled chicken or fish, brown rice, steamed veggies, beans, I mean, EVERYTHING!

Also a lovely dressing for taco salad with a little LF/NF sour cream.

All ya have to do is put in the food processor or blender:

1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
    4-5 cloves of garlic
    1 yellow or white onion, quartered
    1 teaspoon sugar
    2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilis
    1 small can "El Pato" brand jalapeno sauce
  • I also love salsa and put it on a ton of weird things, salads (in place of dressing), chili (to kick it up a notch), scrambled eggs, omletes, potatos (baked and roasted). Ummm I think I'm going to have some today.

I don't make my own but my mom makes large batches and cans it so I get hers all year round.
  • I love salsa too but I don't make it very often. I buy good quality salsas and use them on everything especially salads. I would skip putting sugar in salsa though, even a small amount, I think it tastes better without.
  • I discovered today that salsa mixed with non-fat cream cheese makes a great sauce for pasta. For one serving I mixed 2 tsp salsa with 2 tsp non-fat cream cheese.

I make green tomato salsa at the end of the season with all the green tomatoes that we harvest when we pull out the tomato plants. Other than that, I buy my salsa rather than make it. There are so many different varieties to try.