Starting my Fat Smash tomorrow..Help?

• Hi,
    I'm new to this whole Forum thing. I'm starting a goal to loose 100 pounds, I currently have a Terrible diet consisting of Fast food, soda, salty and sugary snacks. I rarely get any exercise. I'm a single mom and tend to have a high stress level. I bought the book Fat Smash Diet and after reading it, I decided to start it. I've made a nine day meal plan to try and help me to get through Phase 1. Today I bought a bunch of canned beans, fresh fruit and veggies and tofu. on to my questions.

Can I eat canned fruit if it is packed in Juice?

Can the Yogurt be Light and flavored? I prefer this for smoothies over plain.

Anyone have any sucsess storys to share with FSD?
  • Hi Raven, welcome to 3FC

There are quite a few Fat Smash success stories in here, though I don't think many people stay on it long term. I think I stayed on it about a month, maybe a little more, but I learned some new habits that still stick with me, such as a new appreciation for brown rice

Fruit really needs to be fresh. If you don't have much fresh fruit available, you could probably substitute canned in a pinch, but I personally wouldn't make it my only source. White grapes, apples, strawberries - those are fantastic fresh fruits that are usually easy to find and at good prices.

Check the label on the yogurt and make sure it doesn't have added sugar. It will probably have artificial sweeteners in it. One of the purposes of phase 1 is to "detox" our bodies of processed foods and chemical additives such as artificial sweeteners. I think most people still have a little bit of Splenda, but it's usually to be limited to 1 or 2 packets. Personally, I did include splenda in my oatmeal and in my smoothies and I still did ok.

Was rice on your shopping list? I'm always surprised by how many people dive into the Fat Smash diet and avoid rice. I was never a rice eater before (white or brown) but found eating the 2 cups of brown rice every day really filled me up, provided necessary fiber and protein, and made the diet really easy to stick to. I had to get creative so I wouldn't get bored, lol, but it was a diet saver. Actually, I switched from brown to black rice which I preferred. It's called Forbidden Rice and has an earthy, almost smoky flavor. I still love it.

Good luck!
  • Thank you, oh yeah I bought two bags of rice. I've always been a big rice fan. That's why FSD appealed to me, thanks for your help
  • hi raven i was wondering if you could help me out till i got the book if you could key me in on what your nine day meal plans is so i can get started..you can send me a private message if you would..hope to hear from you soon..thanks
  • The biggest suggestion I have for you, Birddie, is to pre-plan your meals. Be sure to have everything on hand that you need - and nothing in your house that's not on the plan. I also make my lunches to take to work ahead of time - often all on Sunday. That's a huge help. I find that if I can do something in 15 minutes or so, it really reduced the "risk" of me just heading off to Taco Time! Good luck!