I am new

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • just thought i would say hi! i am new here and i am hoping to make some friends and gain a little support. i am tired of being tired! i am at my heaviest...257 pounds. i disgust myself....and i am ready to be healthy, love myself, and have more energy. i have a horrible self-esteem....i want that to change. i am even embarrased to have sex with my husband! of course, he doesnt understand how i feel...he loves me the way i am...although, i cant see how! anyway, i know this is depressing. truth is, i have been a little depressed lately and i am ready to start at becoming a new person. one who is beautiful, healthy, and happy!
  • I know how you feel.I am new also. I'm not real sure how to use this FC site yet. I am a little depressed myself. I weigh 188 and 5'4. My goal is 150.
    So 38 pds. I need to drop. I am going to start excersizing very soon. We can do this.
  • Payne & Happy, Just jump right in a start posting. Check out all the forums, we have forums for specific groups (like ours), specific diet plans, etc. Figure out where you're most comfortable and you'll get tons of support!
  • Payne,
    I could have written your post myself, although my hubby is disgusted with me too. it hurts but i understand cause i can't stand myself either.

I also am very new here too.

I am hoping to find a lot of good, true friends (that actually understand..instread of saying "oh i know but you'll lose it OR but you look really healthy) !

They don't know cause they aren't going thru it.

Good luck here i think it will help us all !
  • Welcome All!! Feel free to post in the daily thread. We are all very nice. We usually gripe about oour days or share our successes. It has helped alot. We also have the challenge. You are welcome to join and try to hit yout goal. There are many threads with insight about specific plans (weight watchers, atkins, etc) with menus and info- use the recipes they are really great!!

ASK any questions, everyone here is more than willing to help.

So, what are you guys doing for a plan- low cal? low carb? Do you have exercise goals? I am only 2 months in now but I can say that the first month is the hardest and for me the KEY has been to change my LIFESTYLE. I know alot of people say this. I had heard it before and thought "Bah, once I get to my goal weight I will change the way I eat happy just to be thin". Well, I lost weight before and got to 122. I gained it all back because once I was no longer eating a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner and a breakfast bar I went back to eating the things that made me fat in the first place. Now, I have perfected some recipes of thing we always ate. I didnt chage my whole diet and eat only salads (Im actually not a big fan of salad at all). I looked at what I was eating, what I loved and made lower fat versions that give us the same taste. I love pizza, pasta, chicken parm, mexican foods. I have made some recipes that I can have (on a regular basis) and still lose weight. So this is just to say, find recipes you can change and live with the change forever. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

Laurie
  • Hello Paynebearclan, Your situation is the exact copy of mine! I weigh 180 lbs now though, and my husband does NOT love me the way I am. He talks about my weight all the time since we met. (I was 165 lbs then) He looks like he is disgusted or very, very sad whenever he looks at my stomach, and keeps commenting on every little thing I eat. I understand that he does not like AND need anything sweet, but you would think that since he met me fat, and asked me to marry him fat, that he would like me that way... we have been married for ten years, by the way, and I have had two children since then) What would you tell to such a guy?
    Anyhow, I guess I needed to vent the depression and I am happy that I am not alone. (Sorry, this sounds bad...I am happy that "together we will have more power???")
    I am just starting on my weight loss (the third time since HS) - I hope this time I will follow through.
    Thanks for support!
  • Hi Paynebearclan & everyone else....
    Your story sounds a lot like mine... hubby loves me no matter what and finds me sexy but when I try to find it.... ugh!!
    A pretty new thread just started called LOOKING FOR SERIOUS DIET BUDDIES if you want to join in.... Sounds like a great group of ladies there and it's a small group so it should be easy to keep up with. Hope to see some of you there....
  • OneLastTime...wanna switch husbands??? I would really need some support in my house and not just disgusted looks...
  • It looks like I found the right place to post. I too struggle with weight and I am a yo-yo dieter. Hopefully, if I concentrate on healthy eating, moderate eating, and exercise I will have lasting results this time!!
  • Imagda.... Sorry... No thanks, I need all the support I can get. Even with it I get pretty depressed about myself sometimes. BUT... we can do this!! We can do this together!!! All of us....
    Welcome Grazer!!
    I am so mentally ready to stop yo-yoing and have this be my last time at this... serious buddies.... let's do it !!
  • Imagda... Have you tried telling him to SHUT UP? Does he know how much his lack of support hurts you? You are more than your weight... I'm sure you are a wonderful wife and mother (I read your profile). Not to mention how busy you are with grad school and everything else on your plate. I will be here to support you... I may sound strong this moment but I have my days... ugh... believe me... I have them so we can do this together!!
  • i'm new too and just thought i'd say hi
  • OneLastTime - I do tell him so sometimes. I have had a lot on my plate lately so I have been a little non-caring about it all (especially about my weight). I guess hubby has been unhappy that I don't care and keep growing. But now I have seen the light and I am trying to get my life back. Thanks for the support!

I have been working out for the past few weeks and although I am not losing (still working on my eating habits) at least I am not gaining. I will keep you all posted!
  • Hi all glad you are here . I'm at 174.0 trying to find the skinny girl in me.Hang in there .
  • I am new here too. Have been taking some time each evening to take a peak at some of the forums and threads.

I am so glad that my family is supportive of my weight loss journey. Although at first I felt like my DH was a little afraid of the thought of me losing weight. But, I relate - I look in the mirror and wonder how he can stand to look at that when I cant

I will check in with you ladies often. Maybe I've finally found a place where I will feel comfortable posting!