October weight loss challenge

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Bah still the same weight. Im cross, because we all like to see the numbers go down, but to be fair I dont really deserve it. Yes I was very good all week eating wise, but the weekend wasnt great, yesterday boyf and I ate junk food, pizza etc. So yep I can understand why i havent lost weight, but im still cross with myself. Need to pull my finger out!!
    Thank you for all the nice comments about my photos!
  • Hi there! I'd love to get in on this challenge! I'm not new to 3fc but I haven't been around in forever! I started the Biggest Loser recently and I'm trying to get back on track. I figured that this challenge would get me jump started. I have to get back on this! I did WW a couple years ago but got so burned out counting points. I bought TBL books and joined the BLC online. I'm really liking it but I still have so much trouble on the weekends! It's not even really that different. I am a stay at home mom so it's not like I have a different routine on the weekends, although I do have my older kids here and dh here. I don't know if that makes it different for me or what. I just fall off the wagon every weekend and find it so hard to get back on!

Anyway, enough rambling. lol I'd love to join you ladies in this challenge if you'll have me. I plan to lose 7-10 lbs this month. I have broken down my goals into 10 lb incriments. I can't wrap my head around having to lose 70 lbs (that's my ultimate goal - 140). So there it is. My mini goal!
  • Metal, sorry for your losses this week. What a tough few days.
  • Metal - im sorry for your losses, how awful for you. Your in my thoughts.

mamabear - welcome!

Yesterday I was very clean and OP. Tonight I plan on doing some gardening after work lets see what happens. Either that or the gym though I seem to have mislaid my ipod. grrrrr!!! The scottish man is moving in for the last couple of weeks before he has to leave, he pretty much lives at mne anyway, so its going to be fun!! Im just going to have to be strong about cooking seperate food for myself, he does understand that I struggle with my weight though so he is good about that kind of thing.
  • everyone!

Piggin ~ Where's he going?

TOM is here but I still managed a 1.2 loss this week. Tried this new recipe and love it!

CandyLike Almonds

You need:

20 raw almonds
    zero calorie butter spray
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 packet no calorie sweetner

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    *Spread almonds in a single layer on a nonstick cooking pan.
    *Roast for 7-10 minutes.
    *Pour in a bowl, sprinkle on cinnamon and sweetner, toss until well coated.
    *Cool 5 mins.

Makes 2 servings (10 almonds per serving).

Nutritionals:

I left the sheet at home so all I can tell you right now is that it was 70 calories, 1.5 g fat, and 2g fiber. I'll get the complete list for yall tomorrow.
  • Hey people! Still here...I'm struggling to keep exercising but am maintaining. I'm really trying to stick to the at least half an hour of exercise plus the weights and minding my food intake.

I hope you're all well...I've missed you guys.
  • Thank you everyone for your support of my loss. I have tried to focus on my workouts and eating right. My friend was so supportive of my journey so I know she wuold want me to move forward and not be sad.

Welcome everyone who joined since I last posted. Good luck this is one long journey.

JasonLea: recipe sounds yummy. def have to give it a try this weekend. I am a cookaholic.

I am starting a challenge at my gym called Holiday Holdout. U weigh in this week and again at the end of yr. If you maintain u get 2 mo free or if you lose you get 2 months free plus other prizes. So long as u dont gain u get something for it. I hope to lose..lol.
  • Metal, sounds like a good challenge to me! I'd love it if my gym did something like that. You are in my thoughts with all you're going through right now. That's a lot all at once!

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm glad to be here. I am logging my stuff on the BLC site but it's really just for me to see. I am the type who needs to be kept accountable so I thought if I was talking with others about where I'm at and what I'm doing it makes me actually do it. LOL Ya know what I mean? My schedule has been crazy this week. I have to make sure I get some sort of exercise today. It's crazy today too but I have to do something. I am missing my workouts! I never thought I'd say that...

OK well I'm off to start the day. I had my flax cereal with light soy milk and raisins. I'm off to shower and take ds to school. Make it a great day everyone!!
  • Jasonslea- I met scottish man here as we have lots of mines in the falklands left by the argentines in the war, so we have a permanent detachment of EOD ( bomb and explosives) guys here, so his tour is almost finished and he will be going baxck to scotland for the last 6 months he has left in the army.

I think I will end up moving to scotland to be with him once he is out of the army. I am going for a holiday first to see how I like it in april, and then i will decide.

Yesterday was relatively clean, could have been better. Had a packet of crisps ( 181 cals) and some chocolate fingers, whoops!! But still wasnt too bad.

Its scottish mans birthday today, and we are going for a meal tonight, im about to phone them and ask for the menu so i can make relatively healthy choices before we go.
  • Hi ladiessss, hope your all having a good day.

It was really nice coming in and reading all of your posts and news. Welcome to our newest members; maryshady, metalgodess, and mamabear! NIce to have you aboard

Lekhika, good to hear from you girl.......missed you as well, missed you all. Congrats on the maintenance. I started getting on the scale again and have been playing with a few pounds......time to hide the bugger scale again for a while and just keep focusing on plan.

Things have been pretty busy around here. I was a bit astounded to be visited by tom again this past weekend (only 14 days since last time) and am not sure what is going on there, I didn't get sick as usual but felt rather tired and weak. I definitely need to take my vitamins!

Metal, I was very sorry to hear of your losses. Your signing up for the challenge at your gym sounds great, what a nice incentive! Once again, welcome aboard : )

JasonsLea, congrats on your loss! Ty for sharing the almond recipe with us.

Maryshady, You must be excited getting ready for your upcoming celebratory trip to Arizona I look forward to hearing about it upon your return.

Deaaaaa, wb! It's nice to have you back girl. I am glad that you had good weather for your trip.

Pigginpodgey, hi there : ). I think it's great that your maintaining though I understand your frustration as well, I have been maintaining for awhile n ow and am eager to see the numbers drop too. Bravo on a good OP day yesterday. Keep on truckin! : )

Hi mamabear, welcome once again! hope your having a great day too.

Butterfly, congrats on the weight loss and the positive attitude! way to go!

Jordan, good to see you.

Well my ladies, I best get my tail moving. IT's a new day and am adamant on making it a good one! Let's keep at it and keep on truckin. Hope you all have a happy and successful day and I look forward to hearing everyones news.
  • everyone!

Piggin's Scot!

So today was a good day.....healthwise. I made the decision to go to nightshift today. I start Sunday. My BFF works nights and she says it's great. Not only are the supers more laid back, you get to leave early AND you get paid more (almost $1 more)! Today was the final straw for me in day shift. They are so full of crap. I didn't want to leave Birmingham with a bad taste in my mouth.

Car's in the shop, this time for the last time for a while hopefully. Finally decided to just go ahead and take it to the 'real' mechanics....the ones that will tell me EXACTLY what's wrong, not what MIGHT be wrong, and will go ahead and fix it. Should get it back in a week or so.

I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY! It was great! I felt fantastic! I walked there from the job. It was a nice day. Not a Shari day but nice. The sun was shining and it was warm but there was a nice breeze going so I didn't feel like I was going to die. It was an almost forty min walk then I got to the gym and did weights for another 30. My thighs were SCREAMING so I went into the sauna, first time in MONTHS. I missed it so much! Would have went into the whirlpool but TOM is here so no dice. Funny thing, a woman came in while I was in the steam room and sat down. She was bigger than me and FULLY DRESSED! I've never seen anyone dressed in anything more a swimsuit in the sauna. I kinda understand though. It took me a while to get used to walking around naked. The first couple of weeks, I just brought a huge towel from home and wrapped that around me. I'm a little more comfortable now, even though I still bring the towel when I remember. After that, I walked about five blocks to the library. I almost smacked the security guard though. He told me I couldn't come in because I had my work clothes in my bag! WTF?! He said 'rules' so I went outside, walked over to the research building (which is just a extension of the library) and ran into another security guard WHO LET ME IN!!! So the first guard was just a jerkoff. And now I'm here typing in the computer lab. And I'm going to do more walking soon cause I have to catch the bus to my neighborhood.

WOW that's a long post! Oh and I'm OP today too......including NINE glasses of water so far!
  • Oooooh, before I forget! Nutrition stats for the almonds:

Per serving:

70 cals, 3 g pro, 4 g carb, 6 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 2 g fiber, 5 mg sodium
  • Hello everybody! I've been running ragged the last couple days and I may be getting a cold, but besides that everything's dandy. Welcome to the newcomers maryshady, metalgoddess, and mamabear. Metal, sounds like you've had more than your share of things to deal with lately. You can always drop in here and let off steam. I can't believe October's flying by. Soon it will be Halloween and then Thanksgiving and then (gasp) Christmas. It'll be here before we know it, gals.
  • Hi, I'm new to this forum. My goal for this month is to lose 10 lbs (since I'm starting on 10/10, I'll weigh myself on 11/10)
  • Wow Jason's! Good for you all the walking! I have a bike that I keep at my mom's house. I line in kind of an industrial area so there isn't much of a neighborhood to ride in here. But at mom's house I can ride for days. LOL She doesn't live far so I go there sometimes and ride. I have a seat on the back for the man (3 year old ds) and we ride to the library and back. He loves the library!

I made it to the gym this am! I'm going to work with my trainer on Monday to have him do a new program for me. I'm bored with the current one. I do that a lot. I have ADD so I can't do the same thing for too long. That's part of my problem. Although I could chalk that up to another in my long list of excuses. lol But actually I have become quite addicted to the gym. I love that! OK I'm off for now. The man isn't feeling great so I'm gonna go sit with him. He's a little clingy today so we're gonna hang out for a while. TTFN!