October weight loss challenge

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • This months goal is 7, which would put me at 175.8. My other goal is to really step up the exercise. Up to this point my exercise has been limited to everyday activities such as walking the pups, but now I figure if my weight is going to continue to drop I need to pick up the structured exercise. Good luck everybody, stay strong once all the candy starts to show up as we near Halloween!
  • Hi all!

I'm going to jump right in and say that I'd like to lose ten pounds this month. My first goal is to lose the pop and sugary drinks. I'm also going to try to develop a set exercise plan, instead of just doing whatever.
  • Im back again, no loss in september, a gain of 2lbs!! Boooo!! This month is going to count for me, Im setting myself a goal of 4lbs, a lb a week. Somethings got to shift this month!!
  • Good morning ladies

It's great to see everyone, wecome to all! : ) How did everyones first day go? My day went well though I didn't drink enough water or get any exercise in so that is my focus for today. THere is no bread in my house except for the wheat bread I get. Tonight I am planning to go to shaws and pick up one of those traditional roast chickens for dinner, along with making a salad. It really helps me to pre-plan my dinners for at least 2 nights.

Hope everyone had a good first day yesterday, onto a new day today! Wishing you all a successful day.
  • Oh i forgot to tell everyone about the ball !! It was fantastic!! If I knew how to attach photos I would, can someone help me please?!?! They are just saved to my computer, do i have to create a link or something?!

Im having a really OP day today, so Im very pleased with myself, going for a walk tonight too.
  • I didn't do too bad today. I've been drinking apple juice instead of pop, and I feel like I've already noticed a difference. I did pretty good today with the food. I had fish for lunch, along with a salad. I also did 45 minutes of exercise, and I didn't get bored. Yay!
  • So after WI today, I've decided to go for a steep 10 lbs this month. That'll put me under 240 (for the first time in so long I can't remember) and set me back on track.
  • I've been super busy lately....and to make up for the fact taht I may not find time for Treadmill moving...I've been walking around with 2 pound weights on each foot..that should bump up my baseling calorie burning....

Mmm...I'm watching The Biggest Loser and oh wow...I want a subway Sammich so bad....

Reward...on Halloween...after weigh in.

Eating was on point....Have been eating VERY clean...
  • Quote: Oh i forgot to tell everyone about the ball !! It was fantastic!! If I knew how to attach photos I would, can someone help me please?!?! They are just saved to my computer, do i have to create a link or something?!
    Yes, we want to see your pics! To add pictures, scroll down from the post box to the area called Attach Files. Then click the Manage Attachments button, click Browse to go to the file on your computer, and then click the Upload button. Then just preview or submit as usual.
  • At the ball!
    So here are some pics from the ball, these are me and lovely scottish man - note i am also wearing big heels and he is still a lot taller than me!! LOL!! It was a lovely evening though, i was really pleased when i saw these photos as I think im starting to look more curvy rather than rolly fat... if i have the time will upload some more, thanks for the help seasoning!!
    Im on my 2nd OP day so im thinking good things for this month. Fingers crossed!!

• Hi girls, hope everyone is well and had a good nights rest.

Pigginpodgey!!! ty so much for sharing the pics with us! You look stunning! Your dress is absolutely gorgeousssss and I love the color, print, and cut! You look super girl and you and scottish man make a nice looking couple! thanks again for sharing.

Seasoning, is that a pic of a meerkat you have up! That little bugger is cute! lol

Lekhika, way to go girl!

Shari, I am enjoying your cool halloween emoticons and that adorable little chicky saying its too sexy for its shell! lol sooooooo cute! keep on trucking!

girlonamission, congrats on a good day and staying away from the pop and exercising! way to go!

Things are going well here, we are due for some summerlike weather this week all through the weekend and it will be great getting in some outdoor walks. Happy day 3 everyone, wishing us all a good and successful day.
  • Piggin!
    Nice to have a fact to the name! And woman...you look maaahvelous as does your handsome date!

I'm doing well...got tired of the streaks I'd put in my hair at the beginning of summer so I dyed it back to black and all of a sudden, my summer tan is no more....

Still..happy with the darker color for fall...now if only the weather would get cooler!
  • everyone!

Piggen! How did I know you were blond? Okay he's scottish and tall?! Nice work sweetie! You both look fab!

FSA ~ I'm trying to take a avatar to heart. I AM too sexy to be cooped up in my shell and I need to remind myself everyday!

Rant:

Grrr! I've been a bad girl today! One word: Krispy Kreme! (wait, that's two!) Damn food service worker week! Not that they really care about us. Everyone else gets kickass chicken salad and drinks from the canteen during their week but we get cold doughnuts?! Bias anyone? I know I shouldn't be complaining because I DEFINITELY can't control myself around that chicken salad but it just pisses me off. And my sup was a pain in the *** today so major headache. Sorry for the vent.
  • Wow, piggin, you look great! That dress is to die for, and you and your guy make a beautiful couple! So glad you showed us your photos. Do post some more if you get time.

FSA, you're exactly right - that's a meerkat. Those little guys are too interesting. And so cute it ought to be illegal.

Lekhika, isn't it strange how doing something like changing highlights in your hair changes your whole look? I'm also looking forward to cooler temperatures.

Shari, sorry they didn't give you very good eats today. Hope you get some of that chicken salad next time.
  • Good morning everyone!! Thank you for all your nice comments, the dress was v. expensive £150.00 eeek but worth it i think!!

Shari - sorry you had a bad day with the krispy creme, im sure today will be a better day for you, i guess i come across as blonde in my posts sometimes huh?! LOL!!

Ok last night wasnt perfect, scottish man was craving chicken wings and curly fries, and I hold my hands up I had two small chicken wings and three curly fries... damn man!! But apart from that yesterday was very clean. Today will be the same, im determined to see a loss this week!!