Pedometer

• Does anyone rely on using a pedometer for indoors/outdoors movements?

I have been using mine for the past week and it is helping me. I can do 2 miles, 4000 steps and one day of this week, almost made it to 3 miles! That is what am aiming for and build up.

Have a great one!
  • I used to have one, but I broke it.

It's a good way to make sure that you're walking and moving as much as you should be.
  • They're awesome for walkers/runners to keep track! Something i had trouble with was I wore mine on my belt and it would accidentally get reset if I knocked against it or leaned against something. I saw someone the other day wearing hers on her shoe. Just a thought-- I haven't tried it, but it seems like that would work better.
  • pedometer
    My mom wears hers on her shoe, I wear mine in my pocket and use it for when I go to work and when I take my walks. This morning I walked 4.74 miles almost 12000 steps for me and I have never gotten that high.

amy
  • I wear one to work and when I go walking. I usually aim for about 10 000 steps but lately get around 8 000. On a really busy day I get maybe 12 000. I find it a really good way to measure how much distance I cover during the day.
  • I wear one all the time. I find the scale to be a terrible terrible thing for me but the pedometer is really a good measure for the day.
    I put it on in the morning and take it off at bedtime.

I kow when you are not use to the activity 10,000 steps based on 2000 steps per mile (it really depends on your stride length, mine is closer to 1500 for a mile) seems like a lot, but it adds up quickly if you make choices to park a little farther, walk a little longer, take the steps instead of an elevator...all the things we already know, except the pedometer is a viible remider of the choices you make every day.

If you don't have one, you need not spend much more than $10-15. You should wear it where the instructions tell you to wear it, front of pants side of pants ( i have never had one that said shoe) to get what you need from a pedometer.

-L good luck and keep moving!
  • I used to wear mine all the time. One problem I've always had that in my pocket, it'd flip upside down or on my belt, it'd fall off(once in the middle of traffic). I've racked up 19000 steps before.