Metabolic Research Center - Take IV

You're on Page 40 of 40
Go to
  • The bars do replace your protein and fruit during lunch, you can still have veggie... It replaces your protein and carb for breakfast. As good as the apple snack sounds, check with your center to make sure it's "legal".

MRC take V hasn't begun yet. Once we hit so many posts a new one will be started. It seems we should be getting close...
  • nomoredonuts4meThis is VERY interesting because I too live in Northern Colorado and the Greeley MRC is where I am attending! I will have to make sure I attend the Finding the Connection class also (I may already be signed up for it, I just need to check my calendar to see... like I said, I was going a little crazy during the wait last night)! This is very exciting!! So far, everyone there has been so nice to me and I can't wait to get more involved! Tina signed me up and she has been really great. Last night one of the other ladies was printing out recipes for someone else, and just thought I might like a copy so she printed them out for me too. The little things like that really make you feel welcome!
  • On the tummy tuck issue.....

I had twins six years ago and am scheduled for a TT in December, which is why I wanted to lose the weight first, and hence MRC!!

As far as cost goes, it will be done outpatient, and it is a little over $7,000. She does implant a pain pump which is about $500 more than the average surgery cost.

Hope that helps.
  • Well, we did it!!! Went to the inital appointment today and signed up for MRC! My husband, mother in law, and myself. I was kind of excited that I weighed a little less then I thought, so need to change my ticker. We are leaving for the weekend Friday and so will start the preconditioning on Monday-Friday.
    We did purchase the Vitamins, fish oil, and MRC-6.
    I do want to let you all know that for going in with another person, they did a half priced gig for us. My husband and I are both 149.99 for the 17 week plan, so I was pumped up! I also got the cookbook, it is so full of wonderful things. One thing I noticed is that you can have tortilla's. I think that a turkey or buffalo quesadilla sounds wonderful! I am not sure on the cheese thing but you can always just stick it in the quesadilla maker with some of the MRC ranch with mushrooms and onions. YUMMY!
    One thing that suprised me is my water weight is over 70 pounds of my body and I am not a huge fluid drinker!!!
    Anyhow, all advice is appreciated!
    THanks so so much and cant wait to start loosing
    dj
  • Congrats on signing up! There is a new forum posted that is take V. You might want to check that out too. Good luck!
  • hflannigan I had twins 2 1/2 years ago. I call that "Twin SKIN" and it stinks!!
    2 girls for us...
  • This is the end of Metabolic Research Center - Take IV

Please go to the next thread: Metabolic Research Center - Take 5!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126183
  • I could not stick with the diet. MRC hasn't given up with me. They put me on a 1200 calorie diet. Has anyone tried this?
  • Hey NWgirl!
    We are now on Take VII
    Try this link and post your question
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...4&goto=newpost
  • Hi I just started MRC
    I have lost 14.5 pounds in 33 days. I'm really looking forward to meeting other people who are trying to lose the weight. I'm looking for tip on not getting bored with what i eat.

Cora
  • Quote: I have lost 14.5 pounds in 33 days. I'm really looking forward to meeting other people who are trying to lose the weight. I'm looking for tip on not getting bored with what i eat.

Cora
    Welcome Cora14,
    Most of the chatter happens on the Dog Days of August Thread... Come talk with us there and congrats on your losses, you are doing great!! We have lots of great food tips on the Recipe thread as well...

Karen
  • Back on Program
    I'm back on the MRC program and am really excited!

I started again on Tuesday, went today to WI and lost 4!!! Yay me! Tomorrow I'm going in for the food instruction class. I feel like a beginner again.

I DO remember, tho, that preparing food ahead of time is the key to success...along with water, journaling your food...and...and...and...

Anyway, I'm just glad to be back!!

Jaime
  • Hello all,

I am a newbie here. Around 8 years ago, I gained went from a 110 lbs, size 2 to a 150 lbs, size 12. Then I slowly kept packing the pounds until I was a 167 lbs , size 16 at my heaviest. Over the last few years, I've taken off and put back on what seems like the same 20-30 pounds over and over again.

Finally some 10 days ago, at 158 lbs I decided to work on taking this weight off permanently. I joined the MRC for the nutrition/diet portion of things and have started working out with a trainer 3 times a week to cover the exercise parts. I have lost 5 lbs. so far and weigh in at 153 as of today. I am hoping to get emotional and moral support on this forum. I am just excited to have found you all. Any help/advice/support is appreciated.
  • bthechange, Jaimesgettinskinny, cora14 -
    Welcome to you all! You have posted to the fourth (IV) thread of the ongoing MRC discussion. Originally I think these threads continued until they were over 500 posts long and then were closed. Now we are starting a new thread each month but they stay open. They are definitely worth reading - lots of information, encouragement, hints, recipes etc in here but the current general discussion thread is September and Autumn is coming Thread and I'll bet someone starts a new one come October. Last month's was Dog Days of August Thread.

Great to have you with us on this Losing Journey. Best of luck to you all.
    jeanette