Metabolic Research Center - Take IV

You're on Page 17 of 40
Go to
  • Quote: losingweightnow - You are a great inspiration Any favorite tips or suggestions on how you have done so well.\? You and I have about the same starting weight and similar goal. Any advice would be wonderful
    Thanks!!!! I echo what everyone else says: drink lots of water, weigh everything, walk . That is all I do. I drink nothing but water & HNS (and coffee occassionally). I still weigh everything at home. When I'm out I don't bring my scale, but I also don't eat everything they bring either. I try to walk at least 5 days out of the week; even if it's for only 15-20 mins. I can't remember if I told everyone - I signed up to run/walk a 5k in January. My sisters (2 - who live in MI) will be meeting me & my family in WDW and one of my sisters will be joining me in the 5k. So this has given me a goal, and my sister calls to check on me & make sure I am on the treadmill "training". I don't eat red meat, except for buffalo. I don't eat salad every meal; I try to alternate cold veggies & cooked veggies. I am still learning to listen to my body, so this will be a long ongoing process.

I go to weigh in 2 x's a week; Mondays & Thursdays. Usually the same time each day (between 9 & 10 am). I am fortunate to have a flexible schedule to do that.

I tell everyone I know I am going to MRC, and no one tries to pull me off plan. It has been easy for me this time. Yes - I was on plan about 3 or 4 years ago, but didn't have the money, an office so close, or the ambition to complete anything. Now that I finished real estate school, and found out I CAN accomplish goals - I am on fire!! I want to finish more things!!

Ok - I am done... Didn't mean to sound preachy or anything... Everyone is doing SOO great! Keep it up! I am glad to see our old regulars posting again - I missed all of you! Welcome to all the newbies!!
  • Donuts - you little sh*t I was reading your post thinking - NO WAY, he did not! Good job on stringing out the punch line though - you almost got me! Sorry to hear about your fall. I have had some very comical, but extremely painful falls in my life time. I'm the kind of person that trips going UP the stairs!! And finally, Congrats on signing the 70 lbs board that's awesome. Ok, I'll shut up now - BTW, your posts are just as bad as mine!!!
  • thanks for the info
    Hey again
    Thanks for the responses for the MSM. It is curious how different centers handle the pills and their schedules. Frustrating. I will do some "independent" research and find out. I appreciate the background I believe ShineOn gave re: the sulfur, that was helpful.

It has been a OFF THE WAGON week. My husband was in town and he wants to eat out and go get drinks, and I want to too -- so I do. No control whatsoever. It's almost like I am behaving as if this program will never get me to 135 but then I realize it is NOT the program, it is ME. It wouldn't matter what program I was on, none of them would allow me to have cookies for breakfast and a beer every night with dinner. My self talk is such as this: I am fine like I am, just screw it because the denial is too hard, I have lost 26 punds already and let's just stop there." But then, I have gained 8 back and none of the clothes that I bought oh so happily just two months ago are fitting just right anymore. I used to think that 5 pounds wasn't that big of a deal but OH how wrong I was! What the heck am I doing? Do I want to lose this last 20 pounds? YES. Do I want to diet to lose it, NO. It is almost as if I think I can wait til the holidays are over but then at this rate, I will be back to needing to lose 40 pounds AGAIN!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH! Also sometimes I feel like this MRC is a crutch for me and how it works so well that I can gain what I want then get back on it and it will all fall off again. Who wants that? Not me, so why am I sabotaging myself???

Oy Vay.
  • hi everyone
    I am at the dreaded plateau....whine, whine......if I don't have loss by wi tomorrow , my counselor wants me to do a VERY detailed food diary with times and specific info so she can analyze what might be wrong. I REALLY hope I lose!
    on the up side, I bought new jeans today because my old ones were saggy baggies!! What fun...I can't wait until these sre too loose and maybe, just maybe, I will be in the single digit sizes...woo hoooooop!
  • He everyone! Wow! so much going on since I was last on. I have been reading but things have been so busy it has been hard to find time to write.

Okay.....I lost 1.5 lbs tonight, making my loss since starting.......10lbs WHOO HOO It felt great signing that board!

graduatethin- now hear this....when I lost my 10lbs, I made my counselor use the clapper and I even made her yell WHOO HOO. She is young and can come off as not caring, but I told her she needed to get more excited for us! To me it was a big deal! Our director was there and heard me yell whoo hoo so she yelled for me! I have decided it was high time to celebrate myself even if noone else does. I pay good money to go the MRC to get the support (not just diet but emotional) and by golly I am going to get it!

Okay off my soap box now.

I feel so good and am having fun trying to make new things. Last night is was chilly and I wanted soup with the rest of the family so I heated up some chicken in the HNS chicken boullion and added cooked spaghetti squash for my "noodles" and green beans for my veggies. It was fantastic and very satisfying! Yum Yum!

donutsIt great to have you back. I took such a big breath in that another teacher in my room asked me what was the matter! Then I saw it was a joke and was so relieved! You are such a dickens!

Welcome to all the new people! This is one great place to be!

shineonThanks for all the encouragement in you posts. I often need someone to help me celebrate!

Have a great weekend all!
  • Wow - there are a lot of fantastic LOSERS today!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO Hvnlymzic, FlyinSolo, krazykk & hoochinelly (ok - I know you didn't lose in lbs, but you are cranking in inches!!)

molglo, How did you do at wi? I do mine tomorrow.

yoyololo - I don't even know what to say you said it all. Does your center offer "finding connection therapist classes" or the Life Management series (Recognizing Saboteurs, self-affirmations, changes that last, etc)? I'll send you some - you've just got to get the yoyo out of your name sweetie!

We hosted another survivor party tonight (only 1 more character left for us - I have "lunch lady"). My DH went to Sam's club and did a huge chinesse spread .. . . . .breaded, greasy & heavy sauces topped off w/choc cake. I made Orange Beef & Broccoli from the cookbook. I used fresh giner and garlic - YUMMY! If you haven't tried this yet, I would highly recommend it. I love how I can find something in the cookbook to stay in theme with everyone. A couple people even asked what was MRC approved!

Good luck with Friday wi's. I'm hoping my body has stablized enough to make me a loser tomorrow Last week I lost 1 lb on Friday and gained 1/2 lb on Monday.
  • yoyololo - I hear how you're struggling and I feel for you! Hop back on the wagon as soon as you can.

It's taken lots of willpower at times to say NO to stuff I'm not supposed to have (beer on a hot summer day at the lake, for example), and I gave in for a weekend. But I gained a pound or two and decided not to do that again. In fact, I'm terrified of reaching goal and going on maintenance because my body seems to WANT to be fat! I WI tonight and still no loss. I've been stuck at 154-155 since 9/28 and it's REALLY depressing! It's not hard to stay on the plan, but it was SOOO rewarding to see that scale move each week, if only a little. Now I've been without my reward for a while and it's getting me down. I suspect my body is holding onto the weight for emotional/psychological reasons, and I feel stuck. It's really emotionally tough right now. I'm hanging in there, but geez.....
  • wow that was interesting
    Hey
    I apparently have some issues I spewed out that last entry straight from the hip with no editing and wow, it was such the pity party -- yet you guys were so understanding -- thanks so much. I feel encouraged by the comments. My little one goes to Mommy Morning Out tomorrow so I guess I will go weigh in. Don't want to of course knowing it will be a big gain, maybe 3-5 #, but the ladies there say come in anyway, it's never a bad choice. It's just that the one lady that weighs me in is maybe a size 4 and 120 soaking wet. Nice as can be, but, you know, a little intimidating. And then of course I have to get back on program. Do I precondition again or go back to the green menu? Hmm? I shall ask and then go back to green menu I am so hard headed -- don't tell DH i admitted that!
    Thanks again.
    Yo
  • Chile Relleno Casserole
    This is a great recipe for breakfast. I think it tastes a lot like quiche.

1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
    8 egg whites (I buy it in the carton)
    1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup of canned diced green chiles
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
    Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
    Battery acid (optional for Mary V)

Mix together cottage cheese, egg whites, and grated cheese. Add green chiles. Spray 8x8 glass casserole dish with Pam. Pour in mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 4 servings (Meta-Slim). Makes 3 servings (Meta-Slim Plus).
    ******Counts as a Group 2 Protein because of the fat******
    Enjoy!

Nutrients per serving:
    Protein: 27 Grams
    Carbohydrates: 10 Grams
    Fat: 9 Grams

I read somewhere that increasing your water intake to more than 64 oz a day can increase your metabolism up to 30%!

I wanted to apologize to those of you offended by my joke. My DW tells me all the time that a joke isn't funny if your the only one laughing. Sorry
  • [B]Donuts/B]- Glad you're back, sense of humor fully intact! Mmmmm... baterry acid! I'll have to ask my center if I can have that; I don't see it on my list.
  • Hi Everyone

Just got back from my WI and have loss 3.5 pounds this week.. I hope to sign the 20 pound board real soon.
    Congrats to all of you for your efforts this week. This board has really given me motivation and plenty of useful information to help make this plan easier. THANKS!!
  • This board keeps me going day to day. Thank you ALL for being here.

donuts – great recipe can’t wait to try it – where do I get the battery acid?

yoyololo – if ya can’t spew here, then where else would we go? I love your strength – keep at it, the scales will move.

losingweightnow – WTG for setting your goals & sticking to them!

hoochinelly – you may be at a plateau – but look at you girl getting skinner jeans – don’t ya love it!

Krazykk – Wow your first 10 pounds! WTG Girl. That soup sound fabulous

Shineon – You are my Friday hero! – What a smart way to handle that. If you have all those chinese/mexican/italian smells around just create one of your own – I love it.

Mary V – Can you hook me up with the battery acid? I like ‘em hot too!

stressed57 – Wow 3.5 pounds. I only wish I could get big numbers

My WI is tomorrow…… hmmm I want stressed57’s 3.5 pounds. Wish me luck!
  • HI !!
    Had Wi...down 1...better than 0 or a gain, right? I am kicking it up a notch. getting back to my exsercise dvds..i really like the biggest loser one. Has anyone else tried that?

smgyorkie...thanks for the encouragement! those skinnier jeans feel pretty darn good..i smiled all the way to the car!

I don't know if I have mentioned that my friend and I are having a little race. She is doing nutrisystem and me MRC (obviously) We are about 2 months in and I am 1 pound ahead. The only thing for her is what will happen when she quits eating their food??????
  • I had WI today and I didn’t lose an ounce. I also did not gain an ounce so I should be happy. I am happy, well as happy as I can be with that @&^# TOM hanging around . He rudely showed up two and a half weeks late without a phone call, which made me fret everyday thinking I would have to call the OB . Now that he has shown up, he won’t let me enjoy a successful weight loss. I was really afraid of gaining with him around so I upped my water intake to 140 -160 oz a day. Apparently I did not up it enough. I hope when he leaves, he takes all his bloated baggage with him.

Great news, I got the go ahead at my center to use Emeril’s Wing Sauce. I am a chicken wing addict, before plan I would have them every week. On plan, I was afraid to even be in the same room as them. Until now!!! I marinate the chicken in the wing sauce and then place it on the GFG. When the chicken is finished, I cut into strips and dip the strips in the Walden Farms Blue Cheese / wing sauce mix. I highly recommend mixing some wing sauce in the blue cheese because otherwise there is something about the taste of the blue cheese that is blah,

Today for lunch, I mixed frozen, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries into the double chocolate pudding. WOW what an awesome treat. It tasted like one of the death by chocolate cakes with fruit filling.
  • Hello Everyone!,

Well, I wi again this afternoon and I stayed the same.... I don't feel as bad today because the person that weighed me in was much more encouraging. I know that I doing exactly what they say and I have lost 6 lbs since I started preconditioning. I told her maybe I should go back to preconditioning.

I am glad to hear that everyone else is doing well- I really do enjoy reading all the posts. I am living vicariously through all of you- someday I will be able to move my ticker!

4my2ltl1s- I can't even blame it on TOM- I am menopausal-- maybe I can blame it on that. Oh well. Your pudding and fruit idea sounds great. In a few more days I can have more fruit....