Metabolic Research Center - Take IV

You're on Page 12 of 40
Go to
  • Welcome Stressed57
    Just noticed your post- we attend the same center. I missed the cooking class, sounds like it was good! I will have to make the next one!
  • Hey graduatiethin-
    Glad to hear from someone that goes to the same center. You did miss a great class. I even made the pancakes for breakfast this morning. They were great. There is another one in a couple of weeks. I hope to attend that one too. I need alot of variety with my meals. I make alot out of the cookbook but am always looking for more. I will be on the program for a long time and every little bit helps so I don't get bored and lose interest.
    Cindy
  • hello all
    Thanks for all the great tips and ideas. I have been writing them down. Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and welcome the new ones.
    Shine on your recipes look really good. I love veggies and new ways to cook them. Congrats on all the weight losses and the 1 gain, we all hit that but, 1 # is nothing, you'll drop double next time. keep up the good work.
    thistimesdifferent - I love the cracked pepper veggies in the freezer section.
    after wi Fri. my friend that attends the center w/me and I went to Red Lobster and their are so many choices that fit our plan, it was so nice to have the variety. I had Mai Mai w/blackened cajun spice and veggies. It was awesome!!!! It is expensive, but nice for all the options there.
    Good luck to all this week! I look forward to reading more success and ideas.
  • I am new to 3FC and wanted to start off by saying congrats!! to everyone on here. I'm currently weighing in, in Shalimar and Destin, and am fairly new to the program, does it bother anyonelse that not everyone that works there is in a "healthy BMI" as they put it. It only concerns me cause I am depending on this working, I have tried everythingelse!!!
  • Quote: I am new to 3FC and wanted to start off by saying congrats!! to everyone on here. I'm currently weighing in, in Shalimar and Destin, and am fairly new to the program, does it bother anyonelse that not everyone that works there is in a "healthy BMI" as they put it. It only concerns me cause I am depending on this working, I have tried everythingelse!!!
    Welcome newme08!! I go to the Miramar Beach (destin) office!! I LOVE it there! I wi on Mondays & Thursdays, usually between 9 & 9:30 in the morning.

What do you mean by "not everyone that works there is in a healthy bmi"? The ladies at my office have all been on program, and seem to be in a healthy bmi to me... (that's just by eyeballing them though - I've never thought to ask them...).

I have found that this program works for me - and will work for you as well! It has given me control over food again, and given me my life back as well. (it's sounds a little melodramatic, but it has done a lot for my self esteem). Follow the plan, and ask as many questions as you can think of.

Welcome to the board!
  • Sno-Biz with HNS
    We have several "Sno-Biz" (shaved ice) stands in our areas and I decided to try one using grape HNS instead of the syrupy flavoring they pour on....it was GREAT! They charged me the $2.50 they charge everyone even though I didn't get their flavoring....but it was still a nice LEGAL treat!
  • Quote:
    Meemo - when you cook the veggies and store for later, do you reheat them? How many days do they last after cooking? I am trying to find convenience as much as possible as I am on the go a lot. I am not sure what Irish Oatmeal is, but I will look it up.
    I usually do reheat them - although occasionally I took them with me to eat in the car if I was out running errands. They were fine that way too. They'll last a few days in the fridge.
    Irish oatmeal is a little different in consistency from regular rolled oats. It's a little "chewier" for lack of a better word. Takes about 1/2 hr to cook but will keep in the fridge. Some people cook them in the crockpot overnight, I haven't tried that myself, tho.
  • Quote: WI this morning and I gained a pound.... even after all the encouragement about fish! We had a funeral this week and yesterday I had Remicade.....I'm almost as ill as UGA and Vandy fans!!! Difference is I know more water and fish will cure my problem.....not so sure about the football problem. Maybe if Florida does a number on LSU tonight they will feel better! Too much football talk...I don't mean to step on anyone's toes....just sharing the love of the game! You never know what will happen in the SEC!
    Ain't that the truth - I'm a UGA fan myself, that was painful! And it's sure a bad time to be in the top 10 - what a crazy season!
    And to stay on topic...I agree that pure water is always best, but if it's a choice between a little flavor in the water or no water at all, I say go with the touch of flavor. But I'm a self-confessed cheater - sadly cheating was what kept me on program (otherwise I'd have fallen off the wagon way before I got to goal!)
  • Quote: Ain't that the truth - I'm a UGA fan myself, that was painful! And it's sure a bad time to be in the top 10 - what a crazy season!
    And to stay on topic...I agree that pure water is always best, but if it's a choice between a little flavor in the water or no water at all, I say go with the touch of flavor. But I'm a self-confessed cheater - sadly cheating was what kept me on program (otherwise I'd have fallen off the wagon way before I got to goal!)
    Learned a long time ago....don't cry over football, just enjoy the good times! This has been a wacky-wacky season....we got beat by Miss State then we beat Florida! What's wrong with that picture?!?!?

You only have 6 lbs to go to reach goal...you can afford to cheat! Me, well I've got about 50 lbs more before I reach goal....and I gained at last WI, I can't afford to cheat! I have got to do this....drink the water and take the vitamins! Yesterday I didn't get in all the vitamins...you would think I would remember since I gained at last WI!! I set timers on my computer at work to remind me at the 10AM & 2PM (enchancers, guggul, and cleansers) but on the weekends I do good to remember either the 10AM or the 2PM. Guess I need to set reminders on my cell!!

Night-night,
    JanT
  • jant my center says if you don't remember to take the cleanser during the day you can take them all at night... For some taking them at night helps "clean out" in the morning... I don't know about guggul or enhancers...

I agree about drinking straight water. I drink only water, & HNS. I do have 1 cup of coffee in the morning , (1/2 decaf - 1/2 reg), but other than that it's strictly water. I can get in 100 oz a day, and with days when we are outside more I can easily get in up to 150 oz a day! It's a lot of water, but it seems to get easier.

About football: I am from Michigan originally, and use to love U of M... I have lived here for nearly 12 years, and this is the first year I have really watched, or paid attention to SEC football. I have been missing out on good football!!! I watced the LSU/FL game and loved it! I need to catch up! I don't like one FL team over the other, but that may change over time!

Have a great day today everyone! If you are going to WI may the weight loss fairies be with you!
  • Morning everyone! I am officially on the program today! Had my first HNS this morning. Really takes a long time to get it all stirred up, makes me think the liquid would be much easier. I am wondering how you weigh one ounce of cheese-- I bought a scale but, it is really difficult to see where the one ounce mark is--doesn't seem too accurate. Do any of you have any suggestions?
  • Quote: Morning everyone! I am officially on the program today! Had my first HNS this morning. Really takes a long time to get it all stirred up, makes me think the liquid would be much easier. I am wondering how you weigh one ounce of cheese-- I bought a scale but, it is really difficult to see where the one ounce mark is--doesn't seem too accurate. Do any of you have any suggestions?
    Are you using tap or cold water? Room temp makes it alot easier. Then I had some ice after mixing. Do you have the clear gel or powder? Clears dissolve almost by themselves.

I bought a cheap scale at wally-world. You can see each ounce. Three ounces of cheese is almost too much to eat, but I manage for a quick breakfast on Sunday in the car going to church.

Shineon--thanks for the encouragement to exercise. I'll try a free week at your gym & see how I feel. It was crowded when I finally left there this morning. Hope the hungries go away today--eat dense protein today & an apple @ lunch. That's what the center had me do when I was ravenous a couple of weeks ago.
  • WOO-HOO!! Went to WI and I signed the 50 pound board!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!! I am 19 pounds away from goal!!! YAHOO!!!

Thanks everyone for your support!!!!!!
  • WOW! There is so much going on!! Congrats on all the weight loss! to all the newbies!! This site is so full of encouragement, we have no choice but to lose this dang weight! I have been doing really good, staying motivated... Until yesterday. DH and I took the kids out to dinner to celebrate good report cards and we let them choose the restaurant. They picked a Japanese steakhouse and so I gave in and had rice. That's okay though. I'm dusting myself off and jumping back on the wagon. So with that said, keep up the good work everyone!
  • Quote: Morning everyone! I am officially on the program today! Had my first HNS this morning. Really takes a long time to get it all stirred up, makes me think the liquid would be much easier. I am wondering how you weigh one ounce of cheese-- I bought a scale but, it is really difficult to see where the one ounce mark is--doesn't seem too accurate. Do any of you have any suggestions?
    Cracker Barrel (or maybe Kraft) makes "snack" cheese that is little squares...it's a little more expensive but VERY convenient! On the HNS...the powdered one are hard to dissolve, so I shake them in water bottle or use warm water then pour over ice! Hope this helps!