Hi! I'm new here!

• Hey everyone!

You can call me Jfer I live in Connecticut right now, but I'm really from all over. I move too much! I've always struggled with weight loss and have joined other forums, but there really isn't much support on those sites. I stumbled upon this forum and it seems like such a nice and supportive place! I hope to talk to many of you!

I think my problem is working out. I would go to the gym for about a week and then get bored and quit. I want to actually stick with something and I think maybe coming on here and talking to you all may keep me motivated. I recently purchased some fitness DVDs and they should be coming in the mail soon, so I will let you know how that goes!

Talk to you all soon!

Jfer
  • :Welcome: Jfer

You have come to the right place! I felt the same way about the gym and that is why I stopped going for 3 months. I didnt want to stop watching my shows or just wanted to hang around at home. But this site basically kicked my butt into gear and because of it I have lost more weight. Ive lost 4lbs which isnt much but hey I am going down. Look around and just go ahead and see where you best fit in. I just discovered General Chatter where they have games and fun stuff. There is so much to do on this site. I love it and addicted. I hope this site helps you out along the way and I hope to see a ton more posts from you.

Good luck and again welcome to 3FC
  • You have the right attitude - you dont have to go to the gym, you need to find something you love to do. And even if you can't always do that, find something that you can at least look forward to. I have a mini gym at my apartment that I like, but when I feel like I just can't do crap, I have a machine in my bedroom called Hot Cross Buns (its like an elliptical/stairstepper hybrid) that I can do for 30 mins while I zone out in front of the tv! Just keep moving, whatever you do! Dance DVDs sound like a great idea to me...maybe I'll try that!
  • Thanks for the replies! I was afraid no one would. Haha.

I'll def check out general chatter, cause games sound fun right now. I've spending way too much time at home doing absolutely nothing.

That hot cross buns machines sounds pretty cool. Where did you get it and how much did it cost? I think it would be a good idea for me to get some kind of machine for cardio and toning in my house. I would always get so bored in the gym.. just waiting for the workout to be over. I think maybe if I do it while I watched TV or listened to music, I wouldn't really think about how it's a workout and how much time I have left to do.
  • Welcome to 3FC! I know how you feel about the gym. I go three times a week mainly to use weights.

My most interesting exercise is martial arts twice a week and belly dancing twice a week! I have so much fun and the time goes by pretty quickly that I don't have time to be bored.

DVDs are good but you have to have the personal motivation to do them. I have some at home too, but don't always get round to doing them as I always find something else that needs to be done! Set aside a specific time several times a week to do your DVDs.

Good luck!